E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N55 Turbo Engine Tuning and Exhaust Modifications - 335i Tuning > Pure stage 2 dyno

05-17-2021, 02:08 PM   #45
Hunter3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW 335xi e92 N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by wheela View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hunter3 View Post
What's up guys what's the best way to share my data logs on here ? Finally got the chance to take the car out for a little today and did some of my first logs. What's the best way for me to dump a bunch of the files in here so people can look at them and tell me what's going on with the car lol
Datazap works pretty well, you can set up a free account there, and upload your CSV files. They have a pretty good user interface that makes reviewing the logs really easy. Once you uploaded the csv file(s), you can copy a link from the datazap site and just paste it into a message here in the forum. Pretty slick
Thank you for the response I was able to figure it out with datazap but it only lets me upload 3 logs at a time. How do I share that in here do I just copy and paste the link or is there a save file button I'm not seeing on the website lol I'm doing this all on my phone
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 02:10 PM   #46
Hunter3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

https://datazap.me/u/hunter3/log-162...&data=3-13

I think I'm doing this right again first time I'm dealing with all this stuff so just bear with me while I learn lol it only let me attach 3 logs I took about 15 or so but I attached what seemed to be the more important ones. One of the logs was just a seemingly normal pull. I found that my boost throughout the pulls seemed to be inconsistent sometimes ranging from 14-17 which I thought 14 was on the low side hitting highs of all the way up to 21 right at shift point. So I'm wondering what's going on with that. As well I have one labeled "hesitation" for some reason when I go WOT not every time but it does happen maybe 3/10 times that the car will just lose power it gets kind of jerky I guess is the best word for it and sometimes it will just pick power right back up or I will let off the gas completely. I'm assuming that's from the fuel pump and the turbo just not getting the fuel it needs but I'm honestly not sure. I hope I caught it in that log and someone could tell me what's going on. Turbod jlegelis NRigs
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 07:26 PM   #47
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: f25

Quote:
https://datazap.me/u/hunter3/log-162...og=0&data=3-13

I think I'm doing this right again first time I'm dealing with all this stuff so just bear with me while I learn lol it only let me attach 3 logs I took about 15 or so but I attached what seemed to be the more important ones. One of the logs was just a seemingly normal pull. I found that my boost throughout the pulls seemed to be inconsistent sometimes ranging from 14-17 which I thought 14 was on the low side hitting highs of all the way up to 21 right at shift point. So I'm wondering what's going on with that. As well I have one labeled "hesitation" for some reason when I go WOT not every time but it does happen maybe 3/10 times that the car will just lose power it gets kind of jerky I guess is the best word for it and sometimes it will just pick power right back up or I will let off the gas completely. I'm assuming that's from the fuel pump and the turbo just not getting the fuel it needs but I'm honestly not sure. I hope I caught it in that log and someone could tell me what's going on. Turbod jlegelis NRigs
Yer PID for WGDC is whack. You're underboosting by quite a bit. You're also excessively rich. I'd lean it out a bit. 10-11:1 is toooooo rich for these engines.

The hesitation i see in your hesitation log looks to be related to preignition - there are correction values around that mark and, typically, when the crank speed sensor (RPM) fluctuates up and down like that, it's an incomplete burn/incorrectly timed/VANOS/injection timing issue.

The high boost after shifts is "normal" because you've cut all air from entering the engine, yet the boost is still on. The butterfly closes and the TMAP sensor is in the charge pipe. If you look at Boost (MANI) this will be on target. Though, the diverter valve should have done more than that.....
Appreciate 0
      05-17-2021, 09:11 PM   #48
Hunter3
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
Quote:
https://datazap.me/u/hunter3/log-162...&data=3-13

Yer PID for WGDC is whack. You're underboosting by quite a bit. You're also excessively rich. I'd lean it out a bit. 10-11:1 is toooooo rich for these engines.

The hesitation i see in your hesitation log looks to be related to preignition - there are correction values around that mark and, typically, when the crank speed sensor (RPM) fluctuates up and down like that, it's an incomplete burn/incorrectly timed/VANOS/injection timing issue.

The high boost after shifts is "normal" because you've cut all air from entering the engine, yet the boost is still on. The butterfly closes and the TMAP sensor is in the charge pipe. If you look at Boost (MANI) this will be on target. Though, the diverter valve should have done more than that.....
@anjuna thanks for the reply... you're throwing out a lot of lingo that I am not very knowledgeable about lol. By what you're saying does that mean my wastegate isn't operating correctly and could indicate a boost leak ? Also idk if maybe the burble tune has anything to do with it running super rich ? As far as the other stuff you mentioned not sure if it has anything to do with it but I have the turbosmart dv+ and it deffintly does purge a lot of air out. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of one the weird loss of power and stutter I feel when WOT and on top of that just the power numbers just seem way off from the setup I have going on with 93 pump. Hell my brother just did BM3 on his 340 and I know they're completely different cars but just stage 1 with absolutely no upgrades at all on his car it feels faster than mine lol very discouraging for a stock 340 with just a tune to feel that way.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 05:26 AM   #49
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
@anjuna thanks for the reply... you're throwing out a lot of lingo that I am not very knowledgeable about lol. By what you're saying does that mean my wastegate isn't operating correctly and could indicate a boost leak ? Also idk if maybe the burble tune has anything to do with it running super rich ? As far as the other stuff you mentioned not sure if it has anything to do with it but I have the turbosmart dv+ and it deffintly does purge a lot of air out. I'm just trying to get to the bottom of one the weird loss of power and stutter I feel when WOT and on top of that just the power numbers just seem way off from the setup I have going on with 93 pump. Hell my brother just did BM3 on his 340 and I know they're completely different cars but just stage 1 with absolutely no upgrades at all on his car it feels faster than mine lol very discouraging for a stock 340 with just a tune to feel that way.
You're rich under Wide Open Throttle - that's not a burble tune thing. That's a tuning thing.

The pressure spike isn't related to the DV, if you know it's passing air.

I'd say you're just too rich with a little bit too much timing advance.
Appreciate 0
      05-18-2021, 09:26 AM   #50
NRigs
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 335xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by anjuna View Post
You're rich under Wide Open Throttle - that's not a burble tune thing. That's a tuning thing.

The pressure spike isn't related to the DV, if you know it's passing air.

I'd say you're just too rich with a little bit too much timing advance.
He is also getting throttle closure. Most likely a result of everything you have described. His rail pressure is also a bit low on a couple of the logs. His late model N55 HPFP doesn't seem like it is keeping up with what his tune is current demanding?
      05-18-2021, 07:03 PM   #51
anjuna
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NRigs View Post
He is also getting throttle closure. Most likely a result of everything you have described. His rail pressure is also a bit low on a couple of the logs. His late model N55 HPFP doesn't seem like it is keeping up with what his tune is current demanding?
possibly - low rail pressure doesnt mean lean - it can just extend the pulse window for the injector. That can hurt driveability as well.

Go leaner and reduce high load timing by 2° IMO and go from there.
Appreciate 0
      05-21-2021, 08:10 AM   #52
jlegelis
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2013 E92 N55 MT MSport

Hunter3 here's a 3rd gear log from my 'daily' Pump 93 PS2 map from Steven@Wedge: https://datazap.me/u/jlegelis/ps2-v9...24&zoom=76-144

Couple things to check on yours:
-Not sure what's going on with WGDC, but I would definitely test for boost leaks. I had one at the charge pipe coupling. Very easy to insufficiently tighten something so get a boost leak tester to confirm.
- Your map is odd (to me) with that weird boost bump around 6500rpm, and related timing corrections, I'd get that sorted.
- You'll need meth to make the kind of power you are targeting. I think my car is basically as good as it gets for a PS2 on pump 93 - octane / knock is the limiting factor on the tune because clearly the PS2 isn't working too hard (WGDC is only 62% at 6500 rpm)

Welcome to the 'journey'...

Last edited by jlegelis; 05-21-2021 at 03:22 PM..
Appreciate 1
Hunter320.50