E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > Re-Calibrating DSC module (5DD2, 5DD0 codes)

07-30-2015, 12:14 PM   #1
just_dirty
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: RR Sport, F10 550, F450, E92

Re-Calibrating DSC module (5DD2, 5DD0 codes)

Anyone know how to recalibrate using INPA? If so would you mind sharing the steps involved?

Not having ABS and Traction/Stability control is starting to lose its appeal lol.
Appreciate 0
      07-30-2015, 12:20 PM   #2
just_dirty
Lieutenant
Rep

I did swap out DME and CAS modules with an extra set but I switched back to my original DME and CAS module. Don't know if that tripped the errors.
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 10:56 AM   #3
just_dirty
Lieutenant
Rep

bump
Appreciate 0
      07-31-2015, 01:06 PM   #4
matteblue3er
Captain
Rep
Drives: Racecar

Under the DSC module, there is a menu "Activate" Or "Activations"

You can run calibration procedures under that menu.
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 12:05 AM   #5
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i e90

Sorry to bump, I have exact same issue.

Bricked my DME, bought used one, just got mine back and installed, now I have the lights.

Had the lights with the used dme cause it had newer TPMS. I changed VO but I left 2vb in FRM, didn't realize it cause I gave up trying to fix it.

Put my repaired dme in lights were there. That is when I found 2vb in VO. Took 2vb out, I had to change battery in VO also, I fa write CAS and FRM, then coded car.

Then I had trifecta, and the brake light was now red instead of yellow. I have read I need to calibrate dsc.

I hate DIS, it is so slow. Is there any other way to calibrate? I have tried INPA with no luck, I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Can tool32 do it? Can someone walk through steps in INPA to make sure I'm not missing something?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 12:10 AM   #6
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

When I calibrate with INPA, they all seem to run properly. I can hear everything activate when I run tests, but lights stay on.

My steering angle sensor definitely needs calibration, it is way out according to INPA, it was fine before I coded dsc.

I have read the steering angle won't calibrate until I get dsc calibrated, is that correct?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 07:55 PM   #7
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 440i LCI

Steering angle sensor cannot be calibrated using INPA..

Make sure you have coded the DSC using NCS Expert

You have to use Tool32 to write the calibration data to it:
Keep youtr wheels pointing straight.
Open Tool32 ->DSC_87.prg
Select "lenkwinkel dsc abgleichen"
enter your VIN and end it with 1

Repeat the above for 'c_fg_schreiben' and 'c_fg_auftrag'
Both use your VIN as argument (checksum at end, use 1)

This will code your steering angle sensor..

In Progress:
Surround View Retrofit 8TH
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2016, 07:57 PM   #8
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardr85 View Post
Sorry to bump, I have exact same issue.

Bricked my DME, bought used one, just got mine back and installed, now I have the lights.

Had the lights with the used dme cause it had newer TPMS. I changed VO but I left 2vb in FRM, didn't realize it cause I gave up trying to fix it.

Put my repaired dme in lights were there. That is when I found 2vb in VO. Took 2vb out, I had to change battery in VO also, I fa write CAS and FRM, then coded car.

Then I had trifecta, and the brake light was now red instead of yellow. I have read I need to calibrate dsc.

I hate DIS, it is so slow. Is there any other way to calibrate? I have tried INPA with no luck, I'm not sure if I'm doing it correctly. Can tool32 do it? Can someone walk through steps in INPA to make sure I'm not missing something?
Use ISTA-D Rheingold for running the calibration.. its dead easy

In Progress:
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 12:46 PM   #9
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Wanted to provide closure to my issue.

I eventually got a low break fluid warning, I checked it, and it was definitely low. Found leak on front passenger wheel.

Pushed brakes hard and held them, pedal slowly went all the way to the floor. Got out and saw a small spot under car.

I removed the wheel and found that the the brake line was leaking at connection to caliper. I tightened it up, it was a little loose. It must have loosened up when I put new rotors on a couple weeks ago. Put in some fluid, coded dsc with NCS expert, activated/calibrated with INPA, lights gone.

The calibration kept failing because it was obviously loosing pressure during the test.
Appreciate 1
      03-02-2016, 12:52 PM   #10
hardr85
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

On the steering angle sensor calibration with tool32, do I have to use 1 at the end?

From what I understand, that is the checksum? If I use my actual checksum, will that work?
Appreciate 0
      03-02-2016, 07:01 PM   #11
deepsrd
First Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by hardr85 View Post
On the steering angle sensor calibration with tool32, do I have to use 1 at the end?

From what I understand, that is the checksum? If I use my actual checksum, will that work?
Yes it will.

In Progress:
Appreciate 0
      07-22-2016, 03:10 PM   #12
bNks334
Major
Rep
Drives: '11 135i (N55)

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsrd View Post
Steering angle sensor cannot be calibrated using INPA..

Make sure you have coded the DSC using NCS Expert

You have to use Tool32 to write the calibration data to it:
Keep youtr wheels pointing straight.
Open Tool32 ->DSC_87.prg
Select "lenkwinkel dsc abgleichen"
enter your VIN and end it with 1

Repeat the above for 'c_fg_schreiben' and 'c_fg_auftrag'
Both use your VIN as argument (checksum at end, use 1)

This will code your steering angle sensor..
Could use someones help... I updated the following modules this past weekend and now have a few problems. I am guessing things need to be aligned:

* Mevd17(DME) - Sending a blank fsw_psw.man file to 63BMO with NCSExpert cleared the resulting 36BE error
* CAS
* AMP60
* DSC
* RDC
* KOMBI
* TEL60 - I thought this was a quick to code media module. Turns out it was going to take hours to update so I cancelled it. I don't think it even loaded the job completely yet because the progress bar showed 0% while the NCSEXPERT window was not responding but showing 5%. I think I need to recode this module now?

I am having to following issues:

Trifecta light W/ codes 5DD2 and 5DD0, and aux input isn't working - First thing I did was send a blank .man to DSC with NCSEXPERT. No change.

Then I tried the suggestion to use INPA to align DSC. INPA 5.02 I am using won't align DSC. It says something about "you must use steering balance blah blah." I was able to use INPA to re-calibrate the lateral and yaw sensors though. Again, no change.

Finally, I tried to use Tool32 as described above. It wouldn't run the jobs until I started the engine. All 3 jobs finished saying "OKAY" one I did. Still no change. I have both DSC codes still.

I have INPA 5.02, Tool32, NCSExpert, and WINKFP installed.

Can anyone help? I have pictures of everything if needed.

Last edited by bNks334; 07-22-2016 at 03:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2016, 08:19 PM   #13
sono0312
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by bNks334 View Post
Could use someones help... I updated the following modules this past weekend and now have a few problems. I am guessing things need to be aligned:

* Mevd17(DME) - Sending a blank fsw_psw.man file to 63BMO with NCSExpert cleared the resulting 36BE error
* CAS
* AMP60
* DSC
* RDC
* KOMBI
* TEL60 - I thought this was a quick to code media module. Turns out it was going to take hours to update so I cancelled it. I don't think it even loaded the job completely yet because the progress bar showed 0% while the NCSEXPERT window was not responding but showing 5%. I think I need to recode this module now?

I am having to following issues:

Trifecta light W/ codes 5DD2 and 5DD0, and aux input isn't working - First thing I did was send a blank .man to DSC with NCSEXPERT. No change.

Then I tried the suggestion to use INPA to align DSC. INPA 5.02 I am using won't align DSC. It says something about "you must use steering balance blah blah." I was able to use INPA to re-calibrate the lateral and yaw sensors though. Again, no change.

Finally, I tried to use Tool32 as described above. It wouldn't run the jobs until I started the engine. All 3 jobs finished saying "OKAY" one I did. Still no change. I have both DSC codes still.

I have INPA 5.02, Tool32, NCSExpert, and WINKFP installed.

Can anyone help? I have pictures of everything if needed.
have resolved this issue?
> Trifecta light W/ codes 5DD2 and 5DD0, and aux input isn't working

i have encountered above issue (light with two codes) after flashing dsc by winkfp. i went through most of threads to find the solution. but still not able to resolve it.

what i did so far were;
1. recode dsc by ncs-exp (incl. kombi, cas and nfrm)
2. reset cbs by inpa through dsc menu
3. calibrate steering angle sensor by tool32

some thread says cbs errors cannot be reset by inpa but DIS or ISTA/D...

regards
Appreciate 0
      09-27-2016, 10:18 AM   #14
bNks334
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by sono0312 View Post
have resolved this issue?
> Trifecta light W/ codes 5DD2 and 5DD0, and aux input isn't working

i have encountered above issue (light with two codes) after flashing dsc by winkfp. i went through most of threads to find the solution. but still not able to resolve it.

what i did so far were;
1. recode dsc by ncs-exp (incl. kombi, cas and nfrm)
2. reset cbs by inpa through dsc menu
3. calibrate steering angle sensor by tool32

some thread says cbs errors cannot be reset by inpa but DIS or ISTA/D...

regards
I had to use the virtual machine that's been posted here to run ista-d. The program walked me through the dme codes I had stored (dsc) and suggested the proper procedures to correct them. It took a long time since the program ran slow, but it worked perfect!

As for the auxiliary input, I have not bothered recoding the tel60 module. It will probably take 4-5 hours if I ever do bother to recode it. I might take it to an independent that has the optical cable needed for a faster transfer rate.
Appreciate 0
      10-05-2016, 10:39 AM   #15
sono0312
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: E90 325i 2005

Quote:
I had to use the virtual machine that's been posted here to run ista-d. The program walked me through the dme codes I had stored (dsc) and suggested the proper procedures to correct them. It took a long time since the program ran slow, but it worked perfect!

As for the auxiliary input, I have not bothered recoding the tel60 module. It will probably take 4-5 hours if I ever do bother to recode it. I might take it to an independent that has the optical cable needed for a faster transfer rate.
yes, i also made it possible to reset DSC with ista-d to get rid of those two error codes.
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 02:02 PM   #16
fmugur
Rep
Drives: 328xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by deepsrd View Post
Use ISTA-D Rheingold for running the calibration.. its dead easy
+1. ISTA D is much more user friendly
Appreciate 0
      10-22-2016, 04:25 PM   #17
07tundra
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 8.1L Chevy 2500hd

Can someone please walk me thru this? insta sees my car as an auto how can I change that? I did At to Mt swap. I would also like to clear and reset dsc but looking at all this its like looking at a different language I have no idea.....help. The pic I had to crop it like this so it could be uploaded but I do have the original pic if anyone is interested in helping
I think I would want the car to be recognized as a MT? I do t know what that involves I do have the donor car so I have the vin maybe imputing that into insta? Thanks
Attached Images

Last edited by 07tundra; 10-22-2016 at 07:55 PM..
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2016, 09:58 AM   #18
bNks334
Major
Rep

07tundra That looks like a read-out from INPA and those codes don't look like they have to do with the DSC module needing to be realigned (5DD2 and 5DD0) which is what is being discussed here. Google your codes to see what they are...

Looks like you'll need to tackling recoding your car for the manual swap before you try to do anything else. Pretty sure you need to do something to your VO (vehicle order) and then recode the car to match the new VO?
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 01:33 PM   #19
DaanBMW
Captain
Romania
Rep
Drives: 2007 328i coupe

Quote:
I updated the following modules this past weekend [snip]:

* CAS
* AMP60
* DSC
* RDC
* KOMBI
* TEL60 [snip].
did you do this via k-dcan cable, or icom ? if via k-dcan, how long did each take ? (I'm most interested in DME)
. BMW Perf: v2 springs + v1 dampers. Valeo SMFW+clutch. 034 MotorSport engine mounts
. Short Shifter + Turner PU bearing + ZHP M weighted shift knob. CDV delete
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2017, 05:51 PM   #20
dstrickland
Banned
Rep
Drives: BMW 06 325I

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
Quote:
I updated the following modules this past weekend [snip]:

* CAS
* AMP60
* DSC
* RDC
* KOMBI
* TEL60 [snip].
did you do this via k-dcan cable, or icom ? if via k-dcan, how long did each take ? (I'm most interested in DME)
All of those modules take roughly 3-6min a piece. DSC takes roughly 10-15min.
Appreciate 1
      02-16-2017, 09:44 AM   #21
bbnks2
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i N55

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaanBMW View Post
They took about 5min each. DME took 15minutes or so.

I want to update the fuel pump EKG module (fuel pump) anyone know if that's safe to do via dcan cable?

Definitely DO NOT do Tel60 lol.
Appreciate 0
      04-13-2019, 04:52 AM   #22
stuta
Rep
Drives: bmw e90 330d

Quote:
Originally Posted by 07tundra View Post
Can someone please walk me thru this? insta sees my car as an auto how can I change that? I did At to Mt swap. I would also like to clear and reset dsc but looking at all this its like looking at a different language I have no idea.....help. The pic I had to crop it like this so it could be uploaded but I do have the original pic if anyone is interested in helping
I think I would want the car to be recognized as a MT? I do t know what that involves I do have the donor car so I have the vin maybe imputing that into insta? Thanks
how far did you get with regard to coding so that the vehicle is recognized as a MT. i did a swap myself and am not really sure of what to do with regard to coding using inpa
Appreciate 0