E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Cars for Sale > 2008 BMW 335 E92 Coupe; 6-speed Dinan

04-21-2019, 07:03 PM   #1
Ramsay Snow
Rep
Drives: 2008 Dinan S3

2008 BMW 335 E92 Coupe; 6-speed Dinan

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
Sold

Item Interest
I'm also selling on ebay:
https://www.ebay.com/itm/2008-BMW-3-...t/163659822246

6-speed, 36k. Dinan tune.

Album with pictures: https://photos.app.goo.gl/jEBUQK7aZ9HUJQ9U7

Here is basically the same description: This car started its life as a 2008 335i. The first owner took it to Dinan where he spent 14k on upgrades. I don’t have a detailed receipt (only the total figure), but here is a list of the Dinan-upgraded components I know of for sure:

ECU tune is a Stage 3, I believe based on the hardware upgrades below.

Carbon fiber intake
Intercooler
Oil cooler
Exhaust
Carbon Brace
Floor mats and pedals

All that should add up to 406hp and 450lb-ft of torque. I never bothered to measure it: basically the car is fast. The company and its mods are well documented and discussed online, so I encourage you to research the aspects most interesting to you. If you want a quick rundown of a Dinan 335 and a comparison with an M3 from the same era see the Shoot Out - BMW "Sibling Rivalry" Dinan 335i vs. M3” video on youtube.

Outside of the above the only thing I changed was the charge pipe and BOV. The stock re-circulation system has well-discussed issues with it, so I went with an aftermarket HKS BOV. It is audible, but the throttle response is significantly improved. The stock charge pipe is included, but the valves on it will need to be replaced if you wish to reinstall it.

Maintenance

Spark plugs and coil packs were done last summer. For some reason I got sent 7 coils, so one extra is included with the car.

Just did an oil change. I do these religiously using Ravenol 5w-30. I used Mobil 1 the first oil change of my ownership, but then BMW discontinued the LM-001 certification for it. I’ve used Ravenol since. Castrol has LM-001 oils, but I couldn’t bring myself to put Castrol in the car. I’m sure it’s fine oil, but I couldn’t do it.

I did brake/clutch fluid and a coolant flush at like 23k.
Just got 4 new Michelin Pilot 4 S. 235’s on the front and 275’s on the back. Less than 100 miles on those as of writing this.
Got the airbag recall taken care of last fall at Perillo BMW in Chicago.
The car runs and drives flawlessly. No warning lights on the dash.

Crash and repair

The previous owner crashed it into a utility pole. I bought the car as a salvage title and fixed it. The car is therefore sold with a prior salvage (rebuilt) title. Work was performed by PZ Global Auto in Minnesota. The pole sliced diagonally through the driver side headlight cutting the wires to the airbag sensor. The airbags did not deploy. Major components replaced were: fender, hood, bumper cover, and headlight. There was no damage to the frame; the car drives straight, nothing shakes or rattles, paint matches great.

Cosmetic condition

I will let the pictures do most of the talking, but here are some things that may not be obvious from the pictures. There is a small dent on the corner just below the passenger side mirror. The rear bumper has some scratches from being parked in Chicago. If they bother you I can get it repainted for an additional $375. The rear bumper is not stock, and the tow hook slot cover was missing when I bought the car. I looked, but never found a suitable replacement, so i put in a tow hook for a sporty/racing look. There are scratch marks on the tint of the front passenger side window. Other than that I would describe the condition as very good with only minor chips and dings here and there. The front kidney grille insert is cracked. Again see pictures, or come look for yourself.

The car was stored in winters and is therefore very clean with no rust. If you wish to drive it in the snow, you’ll need a second set of wheels to put winter/MS tires on. I can include a set of 19” Bayern wheels for an additional $600. Message me for details if you are interested. The 19" 2 piece wheels have mild curb rash on them along with some fading of the finish on the edges. They still look great though.

I do not smoke or own pets. The car had a hint of new car smell when I purchased it, so I can say the same of the previous owner. This is reflected in the condition of the interior.

Ownership and usage

I have owned the car for about 4 years, putting about half of the 36k miles it has on it. I live in Chicago but travel to Minneapolis frequently. Most of the miles I put on the car came from the 1000-mile round trips between the two cities. I used it as a daily in Chicago during summers, but as is the case for city dwellers my daily driving was limited. I used an A4 wagon for most of my daily and winter driving needs. Due to space constraints the two-car system is no longer viable, so I'm going electric for my year-round all-purpose car.

Shipping and pick up

The car is currently in Minneapolis if you want to inspect it in person. I can help arrange shipping of the vehicle at buyer’s expense. I travel between Minneapolis and Chicago at least once a month and can arrange to meet you somewhere in between if needed. I can meet you at either airport if you are flying in to pick it up. These arrangements would have to be subject to mutually acceptable timing. Please note that picking it up in Chicago means there will be an additional 400-500 miles on the car.

Appreciate 0