E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > Im picking up my car from the port & it has just been taken off the boat, whats next?

08-26-2008, 11:50 AM   #1
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: nothing

Im picking up my car from the port & it has just been taken off the boat, whats next?

I dont know what else has to happen for me to be able to pick up my car. Its not going to a VPC so what else has to happen to it besides cleaning?

I was told by the port that I can pick up my car on friday and I already have plane tickets to fly to Brunswick.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 08:15 AM   #2
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep

Bump

I am getting a bit worried about this since I cant find any info on this. Do I just show up to the port and they give me my car? I have shipped cars before and I have picked them up so I know about inspecting them but is there something that I should know before I show up on Friday?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 10:50 AM   #3
strider41
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335 E92

Normally, cars have to clear customs after being offloaded, then to the VPC for check up and subsequent release to an auto carrier and shipment to a dealer for owner pickup.

It appears that you purchased the car in Europe through an agency other than a US BMW dealership and had it with you in Europe. In that instance, you would normally deal with the company that handled the shipment of your car to arrange for pickup. Usually you will have to bring the shipping documentation with you as proof of ownership. Contact the shipping company you dealt with for shipping.
      08-27-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep

I called up the Port broker for Brunswick and they told me all I need is a notice of arrival so I can get into the port.

That still seems like to little of paperwork.

I was told that they will email me that notice once the car clears customs. If I dont get an email by tomarrow afternoon I will call the broker back up as they can get a status with customs. They also told me if I get there (I have to fly and I already have my tickets) and I still dont have the notice, they will ask the port if they can fax it down so I dont get screwed.

The port closes at 4pm and I land at noon. My fingers are crossed!!!!!

Oh yes, I ordered the car thru Military Sales with the BMW center in Darmstadt Germany.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 03:07 PM   #5
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep

My 335i was released from customs at 1pm EST today. I recieved the notice for pick up too but they say that I owe $60 to the shipping company.

BMW paid for this so I will call BMWNA when I get off to see what the deal is.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 04:14 PM   #6
GregE92
Private
Switzerland
Rep
Drives: 2009 320i Coupe (E92)

This is interesting, I like your live updates. Can you post some pix from your cellphone AS you pick it up?
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:15 PM   #7
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep

BMWNA didnt know what I was talking about so I called the port broker back up. They told me not to worry about it as BMW already paid for it.

Less than 2 more days till I get her!!!
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:16 PM   #8
oilcrankinject
Captain
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregE92 View Post
This is interesting, I like your live updates. Can you post some pix from your cellphone AS you pick it up?

I will bring my digi cam and I will take lots of pics. I will be staying at a friends place friday night so I will see if he will let me upload them.
Appreciate 0
      08-27-2008, 06:21 PM   #9
Choolgooz
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 08 335i coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by GregE92 View Post