E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > BMW CODING success

03-11-2011, 09:12 AM   #2201
soty08
Registered
Rep
Drives: 335i

Hello all.

I'm getting error when DIY step40,"we are going and always select CAS".

FA-Fehler
COAPI-2062:error during reading coding data
CAS,FA_LESEN:ERROR_ECU_INCORRECT_RESPONSE_ID

NCS not read FA.
I need your help.
Thank you.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 09:31 AM   #2202
rubdom
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 08 E90 AW

Quote:
Originally Posted by spera23 View Post
What is the value for the auto home lights?
HEIMLEUCHTEN_FUNKSCHL

Should make them come on when you lock with remote.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 09:43 AM   #2203
spera23
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rubdom View Post
HEIMLEUCHTEN_FUNKSCHL

Should make them come on when you lock with remote.
Yea I dont see it anywhere either, only in my main file as well...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:06 AM   #2204
txusa03
Major General
Rep
Drives: TS330iPPSP6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pseudo Nim View Post
You know, it's an entirely random idea and I don't think I recommend trying it, but I just had a thought - it's been discussed that we shouldn't try adding non-existent values to modules, but WHAT IF you have that value in the full dump but not in the individual module, and you are reasonably certain that that value goes into the said module? (you can actually determine its location by searching the full dump and seeing the values around it - so you can usually figure out from whence it came). THEN maybe you can manually "force" the value into the module, i.e. add it by hand and set it to the value that you want?

I wonder whether that makes sense and whether anyone is adventurous enough to try, or at least offer some counter-opinions.
hihihi, thinking outside the box, that was what I had mentioned b4. But looking back and thinking about it, I would not take the chance on a $40k car.

These are possible outcomes, program fail to load due to undefined value in module and come to a halt, program just skip over the undefined value and continue, or program is smart enough to create this entry and added to the car.

Now anyone want to see if I am correct? I think not.
      03-11-2011, 10:09 AM   #2205
b1gmac88
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i e92

anyone actually know how to update daten files. I hear its more complicated than just running the little updater in each file. One of the chassis files doenst even have one.

Help please ?
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:11 AM   #2206
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by txusa03 View Post
hihihi, thinking outside the box, that was what I had mentioned b4. But looking back and thinking about it, I would not take the chance on a $40k car.

These are possible outcomes, program fail to load due to undefined value in module and come to a halt, program just skip over the undefined value and continue, or program is smart enough to create this entry and added to the car.

Now anyone want to see if I am correct? I think not.
I think the smartest thing to do here would be to test it on a module outside the car, such as with someone who does coding a bit more "professionally" who has all those modules anyway and can test this. Sadly, I don't think there is anyone on this thread like that
      03-11-2011, 10:12 AM   #2207
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by b1gmac88 View Post
anyone actually know how to update daten files. I hear its more complicated than just running the little updater in each file. One of the chassis files doenst even have one.

Help please ?
\NCSEXPER\SGDAT\ *.ipo files
\NCSEXPER\DATEN\ coding data (daten) for models
\EDIABAS\Ecu\ *.prg files
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:24 AM   #2208
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I think the smartest thing to do here would be to test it on a module outside the car, such as with someone who does coding a bit more "professionally" who has all those modules anyway and can test this. Sadly, I don't think there is anyone on this thread like that
bimmerretrofit probably can do that. I spoke to Alex for another issue and he is very friendly and helpful.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:34 AM   #2209
Pseudo Nim
twinborific
Rep
Drives: fast, sometimes slow

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kalud View Post
bimmerretrofit probably can do that. I spoke to Alex for another issue and he is very friendly and helpful.
I actually know the guy from it (not Alex but another guy) and I was thinking of asking him, but he's been so swamped with other stuff lately that I'm not sure if he simply has time but here's hoping.
      03-11-2011, 10:49 AM   #2210
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I actually know the guy from it (not Alex but another guy) and I was thinking of asking him, but he's been so swamped with other stuff lately that I'm not sure if he simply has time but here's hoping.
I actually asked enough to them without actually buying something. Btw if anyone read this and plan to buy something from them (sponsor here) they have super incredible customer support, but hey... You can see many saying just the same thing already in their CIC retrofit thread...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 10:59 AM   #2211
dav_lph
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: BMW G30 540iX

Quote:
Thanks for your help. I ended up updating all the modules after adding +K302 to CAS and NFRM. I then checked the stalk menu and enabled both lights and horn. My panic alarm now works.
Hi ERIK335i, when you mentioned about updating all the modules after adding VO. What selection is it exactly? Currently I am using SG_CODIERN for most of the coding as per the DIY pdf.

Planning to retrofit FRONT PDC and thus would need to add VO $508 (Front and Rear PDC) to CAS and NFRM (I have the instruction for doing that) but I am not sure how to code ALL modules.

Appreciate your help
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 11:06 AM   #2212
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by el-drifot View Post
::: New found :

Change
LICHT_AUT_WERT_1
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_2
aktiv
LICHT_AUT_WERT_3
aktiv

In module KOMBI and you can change the sensivity of your automatic light sensor in your Dash! Great when you dont have any Navigation System.
Awesome find, I don't have nav also. I just did this and the EfficientDynamics Gear Shift Indicator.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:33 PM   #2213
BrynDN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Awesome find, I don't have nav also. I just did this and the EfficientDynamics Gear Shift Indicator.
Could you post pictures of how the headlight sensitivity setting works on the cluster without nav? I'm going to do this when I get back to my car, but would like to see how it works.

Just drove the car this morning with the EfficientDynamics on. Found it telling me to downshift only when I was in a higher gear and pressed the pedal to accelerate. Upshifts are recommended around 1700 RPM under minimum acceleration, much sooner than I was shifting before...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:40 PM   #2214
BrynDN
Private
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NiVeDh View Post
Once coded, it can be enabled/disabled through the OBC by pressing the BC button the indicator stalk until the instrument cluster goes to the blank screen (not displaying anything such as mpg, range, etc.). Once there, holding down the BC button for around 5 seconds toggles the feature on or off.

Here's what to code...

Module: KOMBI
SP_ANZEIGE -> aktiv
SCHALT_PKT_BC -> aktiv
SCHALT_PKT_DAUERHAFT -> aktiv
NiVeDh - I thought your instructions above were pretty clear, but if I hold down BC on a blank home screen my ED doesn't turn off. Do your up/down arrows disappear? Is there anything else required to enable the switching? I'd like to be able to make the arrows disappear so I don't have to code before taking it to the the stealer...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 01:50 PM   #2215
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynDN View Post
Could you post pictures of how the headlight sensitivity setting works on the cluster without nav? I'm going to do this when I get back to my car, but would like to see how it works.
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:00 PM   #2216
BrynDN
Private
Rep

Quote:
haha. SWEET! Thank you so much! I'm guessing you just did this so haven't been able to really tell how much difference it makes...
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 02:02 PM   #2217
Kalud
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrynDN View Post
haha. SWEET! Thank you so much! I'm guessing you just did this so haven't been able to really tell how much difference it makes...
Exactly, I will report back
Appreciate 0
      03-11-2011, 06:25 PM   #2218
DESI4life10
Banned
Canada
Rep
Drives: Coding: Desi4life10@gmail.com

Quote:
Neat...So all the way to the right means most sensitive and to the left is least sensitive?

Does this mean when your lowbeams come on?
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 12:44 AM   #2219
el-drifot
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 318d

This is why your Efficient Dynamics Shift indicator dont goes away :
SCHALT_PKT_DAUERHAFT -> aktiv
This means in german that the shift indicator should be there ALWAYS. In my car it is set to nicht_aktiv, and I can activate and deactivate it on the blanc screenr with holding the BC button.

Greetz
El-Drifto
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 08:31 AM   #2220
Nicomons
France
Rep
Drives: 525d f10 2010

Hi everybody,

I try to desactivate the lights error warning because each time my lights goes on I have an error that indicate that left hight beam and right beam don't work but all works perfectly !!...But I have no FRM module when I try to coding throught NCS Expert !! I have got NFRM, KOMBI, etc... and I have successfully set digital speed, AE as DRL, etc...so I know how coding...But I cant acess to the LICHT_AN_WARNUNG setting for example, as I can't acess to FRM module. Strangly I can see that LICHT_AN_WARNUNG data on my complete FSW_PSW.TRC (including all module) created at the beginning of the coding.

Can someone help me to resolve this issue please ?

Thanks a lot
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 08:47 AM   #2221
onebadmofo
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nicomons View Post
Hi everybody,

I try to desactivate the lights error warning because each time my lights goes on I have an error that indicate that left hight beam and right beam don't work but all works perfectly !!...But I have no FRM module when I try to coding throught NCS Expert !! I have got NFRM, KOMBI, etc... and I have successfully set digital speed, AE as DRL, etc...so I know how coding...But I cant acess to the LICHT_AN_WARNUNG setting for example, as I can't acess to FRM module. Strangly I can see that LICHT_AN_WARNUNG data on my complete FSW_PSW.TRC (including all module) created at the beginning of the coding.

Can someone help me to resolve this issue please ?

Thanks a lot
NFRM is FRM module
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2011, 09:26 AM   #2222
Nicomons
France
Rep
Drives: 525d f10 2010

Thanks for your answer.
In NFRM codes list I can't find the ones for unactivate lights error warning... I think I should have NFRM and FRM choice in module list...in the excel list doc codes appears in FRM module... Not NFRM.