E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Replace All Engine Gaskets & Seals Parts List

08-17-2023, 04:39 PM   #1
S2G-Unit
Rep
Drives: 2006 323i

Replace All Engine Gaskets & Seals Parts List

Hi,

My dad has a 2006 323i (I'm in Canada) BMW E90. The car runs perfectly fine but does need oil every 1000km's or so. He plans to keep the car & would like to fix whatever oil leaks there might be, all at once. If it's not too insanely expensive we just want to change all of the gaskets/seals on the engine.

Is this package what we would need to that replace all gaskets & seals in the engine?

https://www.fcpeuro.com/products/bmw...50#description

I would then also need the valve cover gasket, oil pan gasket, rear main seal & oil filter housing gasket separately?

I did a search but did not find a complete list of what to change when wanting to refresh the engine gaskets.
Appreciate 0
      08-20-2023, 11:55 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
I my opinion some of the things in the FCP pack you don't need. The main sources of oil leaks are likely to be:

Oil filter housing gasket
Oil cooler gasket (if fitted)
Valve cover gasket (worth replacing the cover at the same time if it's plastic)
Valvetronic gasket (if applicable to your engine)
Sump pan gasket
Rear crankcase seal (rare)
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0