E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Parrot Bluetooth and Steering Wheel Integration

01-05-2009, 05:59 AM   #23
AlanQS
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: Jaguar XE P250 HSE

Garage List
It isn't just £60 for two buttons. You will find no room behind the radio for the extra cabling - apparently it is a mare to do. Instead of using the wheel button, I use the Parrot's buttons - where's the real difference.?
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 09:32 AM   #24
DAN
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: G20 320d M Portimao Blue

Ok, so I've fitted the ck3000 evo and multican....

Multican works ok, just a shame the voice button on the wheel doesn't initiate a voice dial. The voice button isn't active at all - the phone button does both the 'initiate' AND 'hang up' commands, but I guess that's ok...

The up and down seek buttons on the right of the wheel allow access to the parrot's menu system by pressing sequence "UP DOWN UP DOWN" then the + and - buttons do the navigating and the phone button acts as the "select" button.

It all works pretty well apart from a dodgy 'beep' when a phone pairs or system switches off, and I can't voice dial from my iphone 3g - but I found that out AFTER I bought the evo. If I'd known at the time of purchase, I would have prob gone for the ck3100 that, I believe does allow it....?

Yes space was tight, but not too bad as long as all cables are taped together nice and tidy. I also used an external speaker from maplin for the calls as I have the HiFi amp setup and it sounded awful. I don't have Logic7 so I used the space that would have been used for a centre speaker and got the speaker grill to go on top for £17.50.
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 11:30 AM   #25
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Dan - did u do this all yoursef?

Also - where did u get the bits from? im still tempted to get this done as the cradle supplied by my company looks really bad...
      02-25-2009, 02:01 PM   #26
DAN
Private First Class
Rep

I did - a lot of the hard work is getting the correct info from forums etc.

In my car it certainly wasn't plug and play, mainly because of the amp in the boot. I had to find out exactly what each pin did on the back of the head unit and modify the harness quiet heavily. I'm no expert, so the bimmerpost and parrot forums were vital. I got there in the end tho!

Here's my main thread on it - started it when I was very stuck!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...parrot+install
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 02:27 PM   #27
F104
Captain
Belgium
Rep
Drives: E92 320D M-sport

I went for the square CK3200. Sits on a wedge in the pocket behind the gear level, fits reasonably well. Drilled a small hole in the bottom of that pocket, cut the Parrot's cable, pulled it thru, and soldered it back together underneath. I'm right handed in a LHD car, works great.

Agree with atariboy having no auto day/light illumination is a major downside. Mine is most of the time on 'day', but is luckily not in my direct view
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2009, 06:47 PM   #28
DAN
Private First Class
Rep

Oh yea sorry rcuk, you asked where I got the bits from...

Parrot ck3000 evo came from amazon.co.uk
Got the multican and wire harness from a parrot dealer called turners in croydon. I got bored waiting for weeks for expansys to deliver and turners sold me the bits cheaper than the web! I got a pair of 4 ohm speakers from maplin for £6 and just used one in the space for the centre speaker and got that centre dashboard vent panel with the speaker grill in it from bmw dealer.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2009, 03:19 AM   #29
RCUK
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 911 Turbo

Dan,

You in croydon??

I know Turners pretty well - lived in croydon most my life!

Might pop down there and get the bits and have my installer do it all in one go next weekend when he installs my alpine upgrade.
      02-26-2009, 05:14 AM   #30
DAN
Private First Class
Rep

I'm near Warlingham so not too far away...

They seem a good bunch at Turners - really helpful - they even called BMW for me to get info on right kit for my car etc which was nice
Appreciate 0