E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90/E92/E93 Marketplace (For Sale / Trade / Wanted) > Private Owners For Sale / Trade / Wanted > Electronics: Audio / Video / Phone / Alarm / Navigation / Radar > Valentine V1 for Sale

02-12-2012, 04:48 PM   #1
AppFan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

Valentine V1 for Sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
Selling the V1. I just don't drive like I used too and have never been pulled over for doing less than 10 over the speed limit so off she goes.
It's on older software but still works great (description below).
You will want new suction cups (the current ones are starting to fall off on hard bumps) and if not using the hardwire kit you will new a new cigarette lighter plug.
$85 shipped to the continental US. Includes unit, windshield mount, hardwire kit, cord and box.
Below is the description of the current software from V1. If you need Euro software or the small increase from the newest version you can have it reprogrammed for under $200 and still be ahead of the game.
Not looking for offers under my asking price at this time.
Thanks

V1 Description: Radar circuitry known in-house as V1.8. This is a strong performer on both radar and laser as it leaves the factory, but it lacks the crystal-controlled frequency tuning of later units to precisely maintain the limits of band coverage. It also lacks POP Protection, Euro Mode, ESP (Extended Serial Protocol), and Traffic Monitor Filter, a critically important feature if you drive on highways where the SpeedInfo system is used to monitor traffic flow.

Upgrade Recommendation: The crystal-controlled frequency tuning of later units permanently safeguards coverage at the edges of the radar bands, thereby improving long-term protection. Traffic Monitor Filter eliminates the K-band false alarms caused by traffic flow-measuring systems being installed along some U. S. highways. SpeedInfo sends frequent K-band radar bursts into the traffic stream (www.speedinfo.com to learn more). If the POP Mode is being used in your area, you'll find V1's approach to that problem is superior to all others in the industry. For those who drive abroad, Euro Mode improves protection on photo radar as it is used in some countries outside the U.S.

Last edited by AppFan; 02-12-2012 at 06:29 PM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:26 AM   #2
AppFan
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 328i

SPF.
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2012, 02:38 AM   #3
AppFan
Private
Rep