Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > Woops.. i think i reset the tpms when I shouldn't have..

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

11-28-2012, 11:05 AM   #1
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Woops.. i think i reset the tpms when I shouldn't have..

about a week ago i got a low tire pressure message. I took the car into a tire shop and got my tires filled (they were a tad low) and then the error went away, perfect. Now today the error came up again, at the stop light on the way to work i was playing with the obc settings and reset the tpms and then a few minutes later the error message went away.

now what i think my problem is that i think i may actually have a tire/wheel problem (leak or something) but by resetting my tpms when the pressure was actually low (once again, i'm assuming that the tpms is fuctioning correctly and i really did lose air in this one week) did i get the tpms to "remember" the low tire pressure settings as correct? I want my tpms to be accurate so did i mess it up?

What should I do now? make sure the tires are all filled to the correct pressure and then reset tpms again?

thanks!
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 12:45 PM   #2
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Quote:
Originally Posted by KwlAznKid View Post
What should I do now? make sure the tires are all filled to the correct pressure and then reset tpms again?

thanks!
Yes - no harm done. The system uses the most recent reset as the baseline pressures.

Tom
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2012, 12:47 PM   #3
KwlAznKid
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: BMW/MERCEDES/PORSCHE

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tom K. View Post
Yes - no harm done. The system uses the most recent reset as the baseline pressures.

Tom
Thanks for the reply tom
Appreciate 0