E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > E90, 2006 engine overheating

08-22-2018, 08:16 PM   #1
NabilPh
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325i 2006

Exclamation E90, 2006 engine overheating

Problem not solved even by BMW dealer. Don't know what to do!
My 325i 2006 overheats ... sometimes.
BMW dealer has changed water pump, thermostat, both temp sensors, checked for leaks, serviced radiator. Scanner shows no codes or problem with cooling system, however under heavy traffic conditions (streets of Mexico City during rush hours) I get the orange alarm followed shortly by red should I keep driving. When this happens I turn off and then on the engine, I can hear the fan blowing and the temp goes down almost immediately to normal range and I can keep driving under the same heavy traffic without any further problem.
on highway driving no problem at all, it exists only under certain traffic conditions.
I have learned to show the temp reading on the dashboard so when I see that temp is rapidly going up and before it reaches 120 C (the point where the orange light comes in), I do the procedure described and just keep driving for the remaining of my trip without further overheating.
Any suggestions please?
I forgot, my car has 220000 Kms.
Appreciate 0