E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > Official Louisiana chat thread (#2)

12-10-2012, 02:37 AM   #1365
Yodaime
Just a normal member.
Vietnam
Rep
Drives: Banh Xeo

Aite stop all this bs and let's get along. I honestly first thought Michael as a sh%^talker aswell at first but those are from hearing from others and such. When you get to meet him, he's a very cool and calm guy. The guy paid for all the drinks and food that day. very great parking spot. Great atmosphere for all the beautiful cars that were there. I give him mad respect for that because that is when I really met him. I am not on anyone side, I hate sh%^ flying left and right. At the end of the day they are just cars we drive. I get sh^% all the time. I am more than capable of getting any effing car I want and make it fast but why? All pointless stuff.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 06:28 AM   #1366
str8nm
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2C DCT

Garage List
2020 BMW M2C  [0.00]
2011 335is  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by michaelsevilla View Post
Well she called you and she was like "umma call grant I bet he wot answer " an so you didn't, figured you be busy anyway because by the time she said you got ahold of her it was late and the terrible tragedy that happened that night did. So yeah.
"terrible tragedy" ? Now you have my attention.
      12-10-2012, 07:46 AM   #1367
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: A car

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M 95 View Post
I texted her and she didn't respond. I know she saw the text because she hasnt figured out how to turn off read receipt yet. I was asleep at the time she called.
I didnt reply because you responded at 7:14 when I had called a lot earlier....and dont assume I dont know how to turn off read receipts. I always have that feature enabled. Its my preference.

Last edited by Sara; 12-10-2012 at 08:50 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #1368
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by str8nm View Post
"terrible tragedy" ? Now you have my attention.
Yeah it was pretty bad from what I hear I'll let Mike tell you
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 07:48 AM   #1369
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yodaime View Post
Aite stop all this bs and let's get along. I honestly first thought Michael as a sh%^talker aswell at first but those are from hearing from others and such. When you get to meet him, he's a very cool and calm guy. The guy paid for all the drinks and food that day. very great parking spot. Great atmosphere for all the beautiful cars that were there. I give him mad respect for that because that is when I really met him. I am not on anyone side, I hate sh%^ flying left and right. At the end of the day they are just cars we drive. I get sh^% all the time. I am more than capable of getting any effing car I want and make it fast but why? All pointless stuff.
I absolutely agree. Hey did you like the Tom Ford Black Edition Gucci suit my friend was wearing? He was a cool guy huh?

Last edited by Sara; 12-10-2012 at 08:01 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #1370
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011.75 Alpine White E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sara504 View Post
Yeah it was pretty bad from what I hear I'll let Mike tell you
Since people keep hinting at this "tragedy" then decide to clam up, I'm gonna start the guessing game (because if you didn't want to talk about it you wouldn't of mentioned it in the first place...).

I'm gonna take a "wild" guess that someone lost control of their car while "speed testing" and ending up wrecking. Either that or the testosterone pegged out the "You ain't got nuttin on this!" meter and there was a fight and folks got arrested.

Or maybe there was a wreck and then in the after math there was a fight! LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 08:43 AM   #1371
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel View Post
Since people keep hinting at this "tragedy" then decide to clam up, I'm gonna start the guessing game (because if you didn't want to talk about it you wouldn't of mentioned it in the first place...).

I'm gonna take a "wild" guess that someone lost control of their car while "speed testing" and ending up wrecking. Either that or the testosterone pegged out the "You ain't got nuttin on this!" meter and there was a fight and folks got arrested.

Or maybe there was a wreck and then in the after math there was a fight! LOL
First guess was correct. I left before it happened. Mike knows the details.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 08:50 AM   #1372
cr2596
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i

Was it the yellow C5 on CCWs?
      12-10-2012, 09:44 AM   #1373
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
Quote:
I didnt reply because you responded at 7:14 when I had called a lot earlier....and dont assume I dont know how to turn off read receipts. I always have that feature enabled. Its my preference.
you still could have answered him back. He could have been on the way up there and making sure ya'll were still there or where the next spot was going to be before he made the trip. This is why if I can't make it for the starting time I don't come, it never fails, I'll text and call everyone, no one picks up I make a long drive and no one is there.

I want to know more details about that night.

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:52 AM   #1374
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE View Post
you still could have answered him back. He could have been on the way up there and making sure ya'll were still there or where the next spot was going to be before he made the trip. This is why if I can't make it for the starting time I don't come, it never fails, I'll text and call everyone, no one picks up I make a long drive and no one is there.

I want to know more details about that night.
All he said was "yes?" Nothing like "Hey are yall still over there, still planning on coming down" or anything like that.

Other than that it was a great meet. Lots of people showed up. All kinds of cars. Not just BMW's. We had the whole front patio table section reserved for us and all the front rows spots blocked off. Everyone had their hoods popped open and it such a nice friendly meet. Lots of laughs and great company. I had a guest with me who has never been to New Orleans so it was nice that he got to meet all my amazing friends and see their cars. Mike was a great host making sure everyone was having a great time. Then Mike hosted a little after party at Metro. We had a VIP section with unlimited bottles all paid for by Mike. Very generous and great person. I hope all you BRers get to meet him.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 09:56 AM   #1375
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
First guess was correct. I left before it happened. Mike knows the details.
OK, no need to go further. I've ridden bikes for years and 99.99% of the time when you go out on a ride and then everyone starts blogging afterwards "It was a fun time until the end..." it means someone wrecked.

Just another reason why I like reading about people getting all hyped up about drag racing but don't like to participate. There is no amount of "street cred" (and I damn sure ain't about to bet any real money) in winning a race that could even begin to compensate if a fluke happens and I wreck my car (or bike).

If you wanna call me out, we're taking it to a sanctioned drag strip (which means you automatically win cause while I have fun, I suck at drag racing), race track, or autocross course. Otherwise the consequence is just too high for my wallet...

Now, if you're talking a nice cruise to enjoy our cars, I'll be there with ya if I can!

I'll get off my soapbox now...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:08 AM   #1376
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
OK, no need to go further. I've ridden bikes for years and 99.99% of the time when you go out on a ride and then everyone starts blogging afterwards "It was a fun time until the end..." it means someone wrecked.

Just another reason why I like reading about people getting all hyped up about drag racing but don't like to participate. There is no amount of "street cred" (and I damn sure ain't about to bet any real money) in winning a race that could even begin to compensate if a fluke happens and I wreck my car (or bike).

If you wanna call me out, we're taking it to a sanctioned drag strip (which means you automatically win cause while I have fun, I suck at drag racing), race track, or autocross course. Otherwise the consequence is just too high for my wallet...

Now, if you're talking a nice cruise to enjoy our cars, I'll be there with ya if I can!

I completely understand
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #1377
Mkah
Motorsports
United_States
Rep
Drives: Fast

Quote:
1 1/2 hours is a lot earlier?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:12 AM   #1378
Sara
Lieutenant General
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ///M 95 View Post
1 1/2 hours is a lot earlier?
yup
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:14 AM   #1379
Mkah
Motorsports
United_States
Rep

Quote:

I think that is actually a really good idea. Who wants to go to NPR or State Capitol this weekend or next?
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:48 AM   #1380
michaelsevilla
Banned
Rep
Drives: 2010 BMW M6

Ok here's what happened, I had a bunch of nice cars go, wasn't a bad meet for putting it together n with a one weeks time frame, there was a gentleman with 2 old school cars, VERY nice old school ford, with slicks built motor etc. after Sara left my
Friend with his black merci showed
Made his appearance and was going to come back with
His gullwing. I decided to leave for awhile to bring my sister to church. Everyone wanted to hear my motor so I went on the side and hit it but had complete control of my car and made sure no one was around me or behind. Some people pointed an awwed at the sound of my car. Well a cop across the street saw what I did and tried to come around from me so I got a fuck load of phone calls saying he was trying to get behind me and by that time I was getting on iten and ummm yeah no more cop problems after that. My cop friend was getting in his car because he thought I got pulled over but nah. Well that's when the shit happened,
This kid with a old
School classic ford tried to replicate what I did except no one had asked him too so he decides to hit it and at first he just loses traction until those fat ass slicks in the back heat up and. Launch his ass to the back of a parked SUV about 3 blocks away from where we had our meet at. He was in the main road, nobody got hurt except him, his car rear ended a murano total'd the ford classic and cut his throat on the wind shield glass. Long story short my sponsors run over there to help him and luckily he was still alive but was bleeding badly around his neck. Ambulance came and said it didn't puncture any main parts. Had a broken leg and arm, I doubt he'll ever do that foolishness again. Can't help but to feel bad for the guy cuz he just got that badass classic back. It was tough because as I was on the interstate doing you know what after I was notified about a law officer trying to get behind me I was beyond devastated about this because I put this together and had control of all of it up to that point which I can't control what happens after the parking lot or outside of it. And that's what happened, yeah stupidity but I doubt the kid doesn't already know that.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:55 AM   #1381
Projekt_BooGie
Average Car Exceeding Expectations (ACEE)
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e92

Garage List
2007 e92  [7.00]
YIKES I held one meet and people didnt know how to act...and I said I wasn't going to do it again, even though it wasn't my fault I don't want to be the reason why something happened. Man I'm sorry to hear that...glad, and hopes they guy make it out ok

I would say next friday...it'll be cool..and I think State Capitol would be a lot closer for the majority of us. its about 15-20 out of baton rouge, maybe an hour-1.5 or so for most NOLA people if they want to come

too much to list...just know its wide and bagged
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 10:57 AM   #1382
michaelsevilla
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACEE
I would say next friday...it'll be cool..and I think State Capitol would be a lot closer for the majority of us. its about 15-20 out of baton rouge, maybe an hour-1.5 or so for most NOLA people if they want to come

Ill have to past on this, shit Donaldsonville is closer than that shit and I'm going to ask my
Friend when the drag strip will be done at Nola motorsports.
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 11:10 AM   #1383
cr2596
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '01 M5 + '89 325i

That sucks. The car was beautiful with tons of rear tire. Makes sense that it gripped and ripped.
      12-10-2012, 11:25 AM   #1384
Mkah
Motorsports
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Ill have to past on this, shit Donaldsonville is closer than that shit and I'm going to ask my
Then how does NPR sound to everyone? Maybe we can all meet up and do something like the Bimmer Q and then drive down there.

Last edited by Mkah; 12-10-2012 at 11:39 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 11:30 AM   #1385
shaq diesel
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
NOLA isn't building a new drag strip any time soon. They do host "Drag-N-Laps" where you can do single runs on the main straight every month or two.

Many people have been asking/hammering/praying for them to do something but their official response is they haven't estimated the cost of building a drap strip (which is gonna be $$$) plus they still have the south course to build...
Appreciate 0
      12-10-2012, 11:45 AM   #1386
michaelsevilla
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by shaq diesel
Quote:
NOLA isn't building a new drag strip any time soon. They do host "Drag-N-Laps" where you can do single runs on the main straight every month or two.

Many people have been asking/hammering/praying for them to do something but their official response is they haven't estimated the cost of building a drap strip (which is gonna be $$$) plus they still have the south course to build...

I know , but I've talked to the owner a few times. And I know he WILL build a drag strip. Once it's done this will be the most popular site in Louisiana, to have a road coarse AND drag strip? He wants to do a full mile on it as well so that'll be interesting :-)

If I am free I might go but nothing solid on that as i wanted to race from a roll anyway. By that time ill probably have my tune ready and installed :-> I'm going for mid 11s after that
Appreciate 0