E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > BMW CREE LED Angel Eyes | 2-Year Warranty | 10W, 20W, 32W & 40W | Horizon LEDs

Closed Thread

01-22-2015, 03:15 PM   #507
Kam187
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M Sport Individual

Hi Guys,

Is Horizon LED still trading?

I need to order some angel eye upgrades for my E90 but the last few posts on this thread are worrying.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 03:32 PM   #508
Waspo
Lieutenant Colonel
England
Rep
Drives: E90 330i M Sport, Silver

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kam187 View Post
Hi Guys,

Is Horizon LED still trading?

I need to order some angel eye upgrades for my E90 but the last few posts on this thread are worrying.
Certainly is, was emailing Zain only today, and received my D1s and LEDs OK
      01-22-2015, 03:42 PM   #509
Kam187
Private First Class
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW 335i M Sport Individual

Quote:
Originally Posted by Waspo View Post
Certainly is, was emailing Zain only today, and received my D1s and LEDs OK
Pefect, is there any discounts at the moment?
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2015, 05:06 PM   #510
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Honda Accord

Hi Guys,

As mentioned plenty of times in this thread, please email us directly for any queries. We have a dedicated email for you all which is Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk, unfortunately we are very very busy to check the forums on a daily basis. Apologies.

Horizon LEDS

Last edited by HorizonLEDs; 02-08-2015 at 05:45 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 05:39 AM   #511
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Hey Guys,

Not been a while since we posted on here, but wanted to share some pictures with you seen as LED Headlight Kits are becoming more and more popular.

Although not a BMW, still a German marque, an Audi A4 B8 2013 Model fitted with our H7 Cree LED Headlights. The exact same model which is used on a lot of BMWs without factory fitted Xenons.

This Audi A4 comes factory fitted with those rather ugly looking yellow headlamps as below: -

With our Generation 1 H7 Cree LED Headlight Kits, this was a simple plug & play job and really has upgraded the look of the dipped/low beam headlights, which really do make an impression on this Audi A4! All the cables and wiring was placed into the headlamp unit allowing full closure of the back of the headlamp keeping the moisture away: -

Here are some pictures of the product fitted against the factory halogen DRL bulbs to show the difference: -

We do get asked about the beam pattern, although it is not exactly to spec of OEM halogens, it still is very close and after many tests they don't cause glare like HID kits. Some pictures of the differences: -

Picture of both headlamps fitted with the Cree LED kit, this is a pitch black country road without any lighting apart from our LEDs: -

Now some proper side by side comparisons to show the real difference, although not massively improved like HIDs, they do travel a further distance and perform better than standard halogen bulbs, and of course look better too which is what most of us want anyway: -

Another job well done with top quality & warranted products from Horizon LEDs with no CANBUS errors at all, this kit has been fitted to this car without any CANBUS resistors/errors!

Below is the link to the products used in this installation: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...light-kit-gen1

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, we cater for any vehicle possible and worldwide shipping as standard! Faster replies can be received by emailing us at Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk - normally within 24 hours during normal working hours.

Thanks,

Horizon LEDs

Last edited by HorizonLEDs; 02-08-2015 at 05:46 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2015, 05:42 AM   #512
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Also we now have the H1 Cree LEDs in stock and we have tested this model too. They were tested on a 2007 Honda Accord, which had the same issues as many other models out there which have the rather tight H1 bulb opening, which wouldn't allow previous H1 generations to be fitted. Here is the new range of the H1 LED Headlight kits which we now stock: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterio...ghts-headlamps

Here is the bulb kit used in this test: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/exterio...light-kit-gen1

The difference between the two is firstly the design, the Generation 1 is a fan based kit and the Generation 3 is a copper heat dissipation belt based kit. The Generation 1 uses Cree LEDs and the Generation 3 uses Philips Lumileds, the brightness is the same for both and they both will fit all vehicles which take H1 bulbs.

Below you will see a video which we have made to show how they perform. Of course in reality these are much better, a video only can show a limited amount. The issue we had with these is that we cannot flash the main beam only without the dipped beam switching on too, seems most Honda's operate this way.

So we let the HIDs cool down fully hence why you can see the discoloured blue/purple startup effect as they start to warm up when we flash the main beam. The pure white is the main beam, further in the video you will see the distance these can reach when activated. The furthest sign post (black and white arrows on the roundabout) is just slightly over 0.4 miles according to the trip computer.

So in a nutshell although they are not extremely over powering as HIDs which used to be in the main beam, but they are purposeful as they can be used for flashing and there is no warm up time like HIDs, even the Fast Start HIDs we sell will not warm up quick enough to flash, something which a lot of drivers in the UK tend to use. Also when you use these to flash the LED driver does not get damaged over time like the HID Ballasts, so its an all round good product especially for those who want to match their main beams with their Xenon HID kit.

Now you may be wondering which one to go for, well the Generation 1 is only available in 5000K and the Generation 3 is available only in 6500K. Depending on your HID kit, you have a choice here, but if you have OEM factory fitted xenons then the 5000K is going to be the best match.

As always if you need any help or information, just let us know. For further enquires or order enquiries you will get a faster response from Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk, as we don't always monitor the forums as regular.

Currently at time of posting this we have stock of the Generation 1 H1 available, the Generation 3 does have some delays and is on pre order only. We will be getting this back into stock very soon, but please email us for a more accurate date as we are still taking pre orders for this as we speak.

The BMW main beams are normally H7 bulbs, as in our last post within this thread.

Thanks for reading!

Horizon LEDs
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2015, 05:42 PM   #513
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Now Available & In Stock!

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/led-hea...-led-headlight
Appreciate 0
      02-12-2015, 01:28 AM   #514
tomwh85
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 335d

I think I might have to purchase these
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2015, 05:41 AM   #515
tom619
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Business Edition

would love to see what the LED headlights look like an E90 in place of halogens.
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 05:19 PM   #516
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

If any of you guys do want to but them, we can offer discounts in return for high quality pictures and reviews ;-)
Appreciate 0
      02-14-2015, 05:20 PM   #517
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

We now stock PSX26W Canbus Friendly Bulbs! These are very rare and have been designed specifically for us to accommodate the newer marques, especially German models such as Audi. This has been tested on a 2013 Audi A4 B8 Model without any bulb warning messages.

Some of the newer BMW models also take this fitment.

Please see the following links for further details: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...cree-led-bulbs

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?...7917262&type=1

Pictures as below: -

OEM Vs. LED

Close Up

General

As always, if you have any questions just drop us a PM, or use the dedicated email for you guys, which is Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk

Thanks,

HorizonLEDs
Appreciate 0
      02-15-2015, 08:11 AM   #518
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Another video for you all, sorry its not a BMW. Firstly a massive thank you to Ben for taking the time out and making this vide for us of his lovely and very smart looking 2009 Audi S4 Avant B8 Model, a real wolf in sheep's clothing.

This Audi S4 Avant comes factory fitted with those rather ugly yellow looking reverse lamps along with stock halogen indicators for both the front and rear.

With our brand new range of CANBUS LED bulbs, this was a simple plug & play job and really has upgraded the look of the Turn Signals and Reverse lights to match the existing factory fitted LED DRL & Tail/Brake Lights.

For the Front Turn Signals the products used were our 50W CANBUS Friendly PH24WY Cree LED bulbs in Amber as below: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...cree-led-bulbs

For the Rear Turn Signals the products used were our 50W 581/PY21W Amber Cree LED Bulbs as below: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...15s-py21w-cree

Lastly for the Reverse Lamps the below 25W T15/W16W bulbs were used: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...-194-W16W-cree

Another job well done with top quality & warranted products from Horizon LEDs with no CANBUS errors at all!

Here is the YouTube Video: -

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, we cater for any vehicle possible and worldwide shipping as standard! Email us today at Info@HorizonLEDs.co.uk

Thanks,

Horizon LEDs
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 03:43 PM   #519
wbx
Private
Australia
Rep
Drives: E90 320I

Do you have any pre lci angel eye bulbs which are a bit more blue/white as the ones you have seem to look slightly yellow/white
Appreciate 0
      02-17-2015, 04:09 PM   #520
clart
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F31 330d

Yeah I've just got some and I'm not 100% happy with mine.
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 06:16 AM   #521
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Hi,

All our Angel Eyes have been manufactured to match the OEM xenons which are around 5700K. We can get you white ones with a blue tint, but will be a special order item.

Contact us on Forums@HorizonLEDs.co.uk and one of the guys will let you know the details.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      02-22-2015, 06:18 AM   #522
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Special Offer!

Special Offer on all our Cree LED Headlight/Fog Light Kits as below: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...ts-single-beam

Massive savings as these were once priced at £100!

Even better is you guys can still use your forum discount of 5% too!

This special offer will end on the 1st March 2015 or whilst stocks last!

Thanks for reading!
Appreciate 0
      02-25-2015, 11:07 AM   #523
ChrisN53
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2007 325i m Sport

Just received my 40w H8 Cree LEDs. Quick delivery and good packaging. I fitted them earlier this afternoon. Besides the lack of space these are pretty straightforward to fit. I have a few questions however:

1) What do people normally do with the ballast unit? I have just rested this down the side where there is space, does this need to be secured at all? I know the headlamp cover must keep things pretty water tight, as there was no sign of rain/dirt inside once removed, but do I need to worry about this?

2) On my passenger side, I installed the LEDs and turned on the ignition and these failed to light. I simply removed the power connector from the ballast, and refitted it the other way (rotated it 180 degrees) and suddenly the unit was receiving power and lit up. Is this expected? Or is there something wrong?

Appreciate some answers. I will try and get some good pictures tonight and will share them on here.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2015, 12:54 PM   #524
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChrisN53 View Post
Just received my 40w H8 Cree LEDs. Quick delivery and good packaging. I fitted them earlier this afternoon. Besides the lack of space these are pretty straightforward to fit. I have a few questions however:

1) What do people normally do with the ballast unit? I have just rested this down the side where there is space, does this need to be secured at all? I know the headlamp cover must keep things pretty water tight, as there was no sign of rain/dirt inside once removed, but do I need to worry about this?

2) On my passenger side, I installed the LEDs and turned on the ignition and these failed to light. I simply removed the power connector from the ballast, and refitted it the other way (rotated it 180 degrees) and suddenly the unit was receiving power and lit up. Is this expected? Or is there something wrong?

Appreciate some answers. I will try and get some good pictures tonight and will share them on here.
Hello Chris,

Thank you for the post. See the answer to your questions below: -

1. Yes you have done this correctly, although some members have 'cable tied' the small ballasts to something internal in the housing just to make a neater fitting. But this is not an instruction, just a suggestion.

2. Yes, perfectly normal. These only work one way and are not reverse polarity like the majority of LEDs.

Look forward to the pictures!

Horizon LEDs
Appreciate 0
      03-06-2015, 12:59 PM   #525
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Another set of pictures to showcase our Gen2 Cree LED Headlight Kits fitted to this Audi A4 Avant - as they are 100% waterproof both the bulbs and LED drivers you can fit these to your Fog Lights too, and here are the results of this: -

Close Up Shots

Light Output - Daytime

Light Output - Dusk/Night

And whilst at it, number plate bulbs were changed to LED to match the already factory LED tail lights: -

As always, drop us an email for any questions you may have! Product link as below: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...kits-dual-beam

Thanks,

HorizonLEDs

Last edited by HorizonLEDs; 03-18-2015 at 03:26 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-18-2015, 03:26 PM   #526
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Another quick photo album just come in to us. A massive thank you to Chris for taking the time out and taking these pictures for us of his lovely and very smart looking BMW 5 Series F10 model.

This BMW F10 came factory fitted with those rather ugly looking yellow halogen dipped beam headlights.

With our brand new range of Philips Luxeon LumiLEDs Headlight Kits in the H7 fitment, these were a nice and easy install on the BMW F10, without any CANBUS errors at all. Although some customisation was required to the retaining clip as pictured. However for the 3 Series this is not required as they already have a spring loaded retainer.

Another job well done with top quality & warranted products from Horizon LEDs with no CANBUS errors at all!

Below is the link to the product used in this installation: -

http://www.horizonleds.co.uk/cree-le...-led-headlight

If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to ask, we cater for any vehicle possible and worldwide shipping as standard!

Thanks,

Horizon LEDs

Daytime Shot

Installation Shot

Installation Shot

Evening Shot

Beam Pattern

Old (Left) Vs. New (Right) Bulb Retainer

Last edited by HorizonLEDs; 03-18-2015 at 03:31 PM..
Appreciate 0
      03-22-2015, 05:41 PM   #527
HorizonLEDs
United Kingdom
Rep

Another picture just come into us, looking stunning as always with our H7 Philips Lumileds Headlight Kit!

Appreciate 0
      03-25-2015, 01:24 PM   #528
tonyteam
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 535d E60 272hp

the gold edition 20w pre lci led for e90 doesn't came into the plastic house...how can i do? i dremel a part of LEd bulb?
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread