E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > CF1C EGS - crank no start

05-14-2023, 08:52 AM   #1
zou_n@hotmail.com
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 328i

CF1C EGS - crank no start

I got a broken 2011 328i M package (regular N52 engine), previous owner maintained it very well as a family car, 77k, never had problem except engine start seeping oil couple of months ago.

Car started shattering and engine stalled in the road, towed to garage did simple diagnose and will charge 1300 labor to disassemble the engine for diagnose only. So he sold it to me with a very low price.

I tested the fuel pressure and found fuel pressure goes to 5bar then drops to 0 immediately after stop crank, replace fuel sender and fuel pressure maintained 4.5-5 bar for more than 15 min, but still no start, garage said they tested camshaft sensor (or solenoid?) and it is good. But they suspect it is timing issue. I replaced master DME relay, unplugged MAF sensor but no luck.

Diagnose report first code is CF1C EGS, did some research seems the transmission lost communication to engine control system. I tried to reset throttle many times but did not work, seems I need to run test plan to synchronize transmission and EGS based on the repair manual. I downloaded DIS V57 and found it is too old for 2011 e90. Where to find a new tool to run test plan?

I downloaded maverick's diagnostic downloaded BMW ISTA & Programming Data 4.40.42 and BMW ISTA P 3.70.0.100 but not sure which one might work.

Thanks a lot for your help!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0