E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread

Closed Thread

02-09-2010, 03:57 PM   #45
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post
Congrats man! I wish I got to ride in a Bimmer when I was brand new. I think my parents took me home in a '77 Cutlass

Nick

That is priceless Nick! Your posts always crack me up
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 04:28 PM   #46
MN BMW
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 07 Montego 328

Thanks well wishes guys!

Nick,
I lost a well fought battle on the RECARO seat. But the Graco was a seat/stroller combo, and a better deal. But as soon as he out grows his current seat, a RECARO toddler seat is on the list. Don't feel bad, I think I came home in a late 70's Chevette!

Gary,
My wife saw one of the Kid's M6s at Motorwerks, and said he WILL have one!

Brad
      02-09-2010, 05:54 PM   #47
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Congrats Brad on the newly born!!

Why get the M6? Stay with the E9x Pack!! It will fit right in at our next meet!
http://www.bmw-online.com/ProductDetail.aspx?p=2318

Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:21 PM   #48
ajvee
Major
Rep

What car tv shows do you guys watch?

I watch top gear, wheeler dealers, and chasing classic cars. I have a soft spot for wheeler dealers, as I love quirky old cars. My favourite episode is the restoration of a 190E 2.3 Cosworth.

Gary, I know you want an E30 M3, my equivalent is the Merc Cossie, which is absolute gem of a car.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:34 PM   #49
dfries
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: drove: e90 335i

Congratulations Brad!! Glad all is well.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 10:43 PM   #50
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
I watch top gear, wheeler dealers, and chasing classic cars. I have a soft spot for wheeler dealers, as I love quirky old cars. My favourite episode is the restoration of a 190E 2.3 Cosworth.
I also watch Top Gear. I don't usually watch it on the BBC as most of the episodes are old, I try to catch the episodes on YouTube. Other than that, I watch Food Network(Good Eats and Iron Chef), History Channel, etc. Anybody remember Tech.TV? I used to watch Call For Help all the time. Too bad it's now G4TV.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2010, 11:03 PM   #51
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
So I was reading about those Cosworths awhile back - they're pretty cool cars actually. I can't remember why I was reading about them though - I think they come up special on the auto trader website or something so I got curious as to what they were.

Here's one:

http://www.autotrader.com/fyc/vdp.js...e&rdpage=thumb

Nick
Yes! That is the Cossie! They were cool because one of the reasons MB released them as a production car was because they had to sell a certain number for homologation so they could race them in the european touring car series. There were 2 engines, a 2.3 and a 2.5 both built by cosworth in the UK. For the time, they were considered performance saloons, putting out about 200 hp. They also had cool self leveling suspension and a sweet set of gauges in the center console.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 10:23 AM   #52
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post

Gary, I know you want an E30 M3, my equivalent is the Merc Cossie, which is absolute gem of a car.
I watch those same shows also - HD Theater is my favorite channel! I also watch Autotrader which is another Mike Brewer / Ed China show. As much as I love Top Gear, I try to avoid it on BBC America due to all of the commercials. They cut 10/15 mins from the show to make the space.

Have you ever seen Fifth Gear? It's been an alternative to Top Gear in the UK for quite a few years now and is decent. Some of the presenters were actually on the original Top Gear show from the mid-90s.

Check out finalgear.com for both Top Gear and Fifth Gear information.

The 190E Cossie is a nice machine alright. And can you believe how cheaply they purchased it for? Even E30 M3s can be picked up over there for small money. I do enjoy the 80s era restorations on Wheeler Dealers, especially the 325i touring, 635CSi, Mk1 Golf GTi - man I must have seen every episode about 5 times . Some of Eds work churns my stomach though - like repainting a panel on a 924 with a spray can!
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 07:08 PM   #53
Showsol2211
Blacked out
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 BMW 330xi

Alright, I just started the endless money pit of modding a car again. Sent in my order to www.e92-lighting.com.

- Blackline Tail lights
- Angel Eye Mod

I want to get the blacked out grill as well, but debating on which one. Are there any other suggestions that anyone can come up with?
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 07:48 PM   #54
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Showsol2211 View Post
Alright, I just started the endless money pit of modding a car again. Sent in my order to www.e92-lighting.com.

- Blackline Tail lights
- Angel Eye Mod

I want to get the blacked out grill as well, but debating on which one. Are there any other suggestions that anyone can come up with?

I asssume you are talking about the kidney grilles? I just got a set of Bimmian grilles thru Imola and the quality/finish is very good. They were $99 for the pair for my E92. Some of the other ones I've seen don't fit very well.

As you have a 330 I would recommend that you switch out the finisher rods for black items too, just to keep everything consistant. Tischer has the necessary OEM parts for cheap.

You mentioned you were planning to vinyl the window trim? Let me know if you find a place to do this. I'd like to see how it turns out as I was thinking of doing it too.
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2010, 10:23 PM   #55
dfries
Private First Class
Rep

I want to thank Nick for installing his old Procede for me. Its amazing what a difference there is. The thing that surprised me the most is how smooth the car drives for the added power. If any of you guys are on the fence I would take the leap. For the $ you cant beat it.

Showsol2211 what Angel Eyes did you end up going with? I have been looking at a few myself.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:12 AM   #56
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Showsol2211 View Post
I have the Matte Black Kidney Grills from JleviSW. $45 + shipping.
http://www.jlevistreetwerks.com/3-Se...duct_info.html
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 08:39 AM   #57
ajvee
Major
Rep

[QUOTE=dfries;6703657]I want to thank Nick for installing his old Procede for me. Its amazing what a difference there is. The thing that surprised me the most is how smooth the car drives for the added power. If any of you guys are on the fence I would take the leap. For the $ you cant beat it.

Nice! What version are running? Does it have the hardware to support V4?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 01:10 PM   #58
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Dinan @ Motorwerks

Hey Anvar, was there a knowledgeable person at Motorwerks you talked to when researching Dinan a few weeks back?
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 01:38 PM   #59
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
lol - MW is is robot central. They don't really listen to much beyond what you say is wrong, just do the work and kick you out the door. I actually don't mind that for the most part as they put an HPFP in my car for the hell of it one day... Just my experience with them anyway - I have no beef with their service department though.

Nick
I've only dealt with them for service so far and I have to say they have been very good to deal with. I just wanted to talk to somebody at a Dinan dealer to see what their position was on re-sale value (i.e. given that the car could not be CPO'd, would the added value of Dinan equipment compensate for this etc)
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 01:48 PM   #60
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Wow! BMW loaners even though you didn't buy the car there? (Did you say that you went to Hotlanta for yours?). MW only offer loaners if you bought the car there, which I didn't. That doesn't bother me, as I work like a mile from there, so a ride in the minivan is just fine.

Let us know how the experience goes, I've got my first service due in April. And keep an eye out for a 335is loaner, cos then, I'm there
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 01:49 PM   #61
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Yeah I guess what I was getting at is even if they're a Dinan dealer, I'm guessing they really don't know much more than that...
I'm afraid you could be right! Usually when I shop for things, I research so much I end up knowing more than the salesperson!
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:01 PM   #62
dfries
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by IRL-MN View Post
Wow! BMW loaners even though you didn't buy the car there?

Let us know how the experience goes, I've got my first service due in April.
+1 I have some things that need to be done next month too
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:03 PM   #63
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Hey Nick, I meant to ask if you have some time if you could take some pics of your rear wheels from various angles? I just want to double check how a 265 tire looks on a 9.5'' rim. This is likely the setup I'll be going for. I apologize for not paying more attention to your wheels at the meet
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:05 PM   #64
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dfries View Post
+1 I have some things that need to be done next month too
Is it just scheduled maintenance you need done? I'm not sure I'll ever get used to these service intevals! My car will be 2 years old in May and it's only going for it's first service in April...
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:26 PM   #65
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Hey Anvar, was there a knowledgeable person at Motorwerks you talked to when researching Dinan a few weeks back?
I've checked into this a fair bit and I will give you the facts and my impression.

The person at Motorwerks to talk to is Frank Jersche and he handles the relationship with Dinan. When I first spoke to him about the Dinan 2 it was about 3 months ago and a little after I bought my car. I also tried to engage him in a discussion about the performance power kit.

First, he didn't know that the performance power kit even existed. This led me to question his general knowledge around performance, etc. He was also unable to engage in too much of a technical discussion regarding the Dinan 2 tune.

My second discussion with MW regarding Dinan was with another parts advisor who didn't know too much about Dinan. However, according to him, MW ships out the DME to Dinan and it takes a couple days for Dinan to flash it and get it back. This also put me off Dinan, because it entails downtime, which would be inconvenient if BMW erased the Dinan 2 during a routine software update. This was also my discussion where I didn't get a very confident response as to whether MW will continue to be a dinan dealer.

My final discussion with Frank was regarding the costs for the performance power kit and the Dinan 2. He said that it would be $2400 to flash my car and $2700 installed for the performance power kit. He mentioned that they may offer discounts on their Dinan flashes in the spring. I did not inquire into MW's future as a Dinan dealer.

I hope this helps Gary! Please keep me posted if you decide to go the Dinan route.

Cheers.
Appreciate 0
      02-11-2010, 02:35 PM   #66
dfries
Private First Class
Rep

Quote:
Is it just scheduled maintenance you need done? I'm not sure I'll ever get used to these service intevals! My car will be 2 years old in May and it's only going for it's first service in April...
Yeah nothing major I need an oil change and my front brakes need to be done.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread