E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Great Lakes > Official Minnesota Chat Thread

Closed Thread

12-23-2010, 01:38 PM   #2465
BrianMN
Banned
Rep
Drives: 4 Door Family Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nick.CBR View Post

Here's me on my '03 CBR600RR out there:

Nick
Nice!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 04:42 PM   #2466
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: F82 | E30 | E28 | E24

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajvee View Post
Unfortunately gary will be in Ireland. I did see his car dirty. Rarer than seeing bigfoot!
Unfortunatley, it's been far too common an occurrence recently. My car has been septic since mid-November pretty much

I'll be traveling back to the states on the 1st, so will miss the meet unfortunately. Enjoy!

The weather over here is colder and almost snowier than MN - usually I look forward to the warm up at Christmas time when I get back! My Dad saw -15.5C on the way to pick me up yesterday morning. Pretty much a record for this part of the world. I never remember seeing anything lower than -5C growing up. The snow is crippling the country too, the airports have to close for hours on end to clear the snow, most roads are not plowed (cos we have like 4 plows in the country ) and the road salt reserves ran out. They have ship loads arriving every couple of days now to keep the main roads salted. People are having trouble getting around - nobody has ever even heard of winter tires over here!

Anyway, hope everyone has a great holiday!
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2010, 07:13 PM   #2467
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

^^Jeez Gary! That sounds like chaos! Man I can imagine a town, let alone a country without the infrastructure or equipment to deal with an unexpected blizzard like that. Hopefully you're still able to do what you were planning on doing, and can travel safely (if at all)
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 01:57 PM   #2468
ajvee
Major
Rep
Drives: None

Auto Insurance

Guys,

I wanted your opinion on what auto insurance company has the best claims and customer service. I've heard mixed reviews on Geico, which is my current company. As I grow older and insurance rates become cheaper, I want to move to a company that has the best service, though their rates might be higher. Let me know your experience.

Cheers,
Anvar
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 02:37 PM   #2469
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
Guys,

I wanted your opinion on what auto insurance company has the best claims and customer service. I've heard mixed reviews on Geico, which is my current company. As I grow older and insurance rates become cheaper, I want to move to a company that has the best service, though their rates might be higher. Let me know your experience.

Cheers,
Anvar
I've had State Farm forever, but the rates have always been thru the roof due to very many speeding tickets 5 years ago. So much so that other insurance companies wouldn't pick me up I've had Progressive and Geico for motorcycle insurance and RV/Trailer insurance, which I luckily never had to use.

Unfortunately, customer service of a company seems to come down to who answers the phone. Some might be the best, some might be horrible.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 03:13 PM   #2470
cyrus4u
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi E90

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers,
Anvar
This might help you a bit in your research:
http://www.jdpower.com/autos/ratings...-/#page-anchor

I've personally used GEICO, Ameriprise and Travelers in the past. They were all about the same service wise, though GEICO definitely had price advantage over others.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 04:40 PM   #2471
M3x2
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: '11 M3 Jerez Sedan

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus4u View Post

I've personally used GEICO, Ameriprise and Travelers in the past. They were all about the same service wise, though GEICO definitely had price advantage over others.
I use Amica note they have THE HIGHEST award rating in that JD power survey, and prices are competitive (car, home, umbrella, you name it)
      12-24-2010, 05:53 PM   #2472
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyrus4u View Post

Thanks for this! I might think about Amica once I turn 25 (next year). It is comforting to know that GEICO is not too low on the list at least.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 06:30 PM   #2473
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Quote:
I prefer Flo to that Gecko.
EEEEEExactly. And that tool with a bowl cut for state farm just makes the "40 million drivers" look like dbags.
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2010, 07:30 PM   #2474
ajvee
Major
Rep

Quote:
I prefer Flo to that Gecko.
flo annoys the hell out of me! lame ass jokes!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 12:03 AM   #2475
BrianMN
Banned
Rep

Merry Christmas everyone! It's really been great getting to know everyone the past year!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-25-2010, 10:53 AM   #2476
ajvee
Major
Rep

Thanks Brian

Merry Christmas everyone. Glad we have a good group of guys to get us through the day!

Here is my Christmas card for you guys. Clean M3 in the dirty snow. Just took it a few minutes ago.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 10:10 AM   #2477
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrianMN View Post
^^Jeez Gary! That sounds like chaos! Man I can imagine a town, let alone a country without the infrastructure or equipment to deal with an unexpected blizzard like that. Hopefully you're still able to do what you were planning on doing, and can travel safely (if at all)
Yeah, it sure wasn't easy to get around the past couple of days. I saw a Quattroporte earlier today with 20'' summer tires, he must have had some fun getting around! It's warming up a bit today and the snow has changed over to rain, so hopefully travel won't be an issue going forward. The only problem we have now is that the mains water to the house is frozen Water pipes aren't buried very deep here, so it's a big problem for many people.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 10:12 AM   #2478
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Guys,

Cheers,
Anvar
I would highly recommend Amica. I've been with them since I moved to the states. Rates are competitive and they are very good to deal with. Like Art said they fared well in the survey too.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:11 PM   #2479
Reedomn
Major
Rep
Drives: Lambo Huracan/RR Velar/C8

Hope you guys had a great christmas....

HELP...I need to tap into your vast knowledge. I had a little run in with an ice chunk on the road (ie: low clearance issue) which broke off a
black plastic piece under the front of the car which was bolted to the very back part of the air dam (the chunk cleared the front bumper air dam
but caught this piece which is the lowest point under the front. I looked up the part and I think it is called a "front splash shield?" It looks like it covers some
radiator hoses etc under the front. Part of it is still bolted on but the middle cracked piece is in my trunk. Does anyone know if I
am correct on the part name?..It is approx 3ft wide and 18 inches deep.

Warranty??..they did replace a broken cup holder.

thanks, Reed
e36 M3, e30 M3........
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:50 PM   #2480
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Never even heard of them? I judge insurance companies on my rate (duh) and how little I have to deal with a real person.

Frozen pipes in Ireland? Beef! Can you please take some pics, Gary? Are you around any family Bimmers??

Nick
haha, you don't hear much about them right enough. I was recommended through a work colleague. I don't believe I've ever seen them advertise.

The water pipe situation sucks. The city pipes under the street are fine as some of our neighbors still have working water. Thing is that most water pipes running from the mains into homes are typically not buried more than a foot given that we never have low temps. If this weird weather becomes common all the pipes in the country would need to be dug up lol

I took a couple pics when everything was white, it's raining now, so everything is green again! I'm driving my Dad's diesel F10 for the week, I'll post up some pics in a couple days once I get it washed No other "real" bimmers around, just a couple of Minis.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:52 PM   #2481
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reedomn View Post
Hope you guys had a great christmas....

HELP...I need to tap into your vast knowledge. I had a little run in with an ice chunk on the road (ie: low clearance issue) which broke off a
black plastic piece under the front of the car which was bolted to the very back part of the air dam (the chunk cleared the front bumper air dam
but caught this piece which is the lowest point under the front. I looked up the part and I think it is called a "front splash shield?" It looks like it covers some
radiator hoses etc under the front. Part of it is still bolted on but the middle cracked piece is in my trunk. Does anyone know if I
am correct on the part name?..It is approx 3ft wide and 18 inches deep.

Warranty??..they did replace a broken cup holder.

thanks, Reed
That's unfortunate. Can you see the part in this Real OEM assembly diagram? This is a great resource to find part numbers.

http://www.realoem.com/bmw/showparts...60&hg=51&fg=75
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 01:58 PM   #2482
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
F10d huh? Like the 3.0L-d with a zillion lbs of torque? Pics! Dirty is fine!

Nick
Nope, it's just the little one, the 2.0d. It's an impressive machine though, it has just 184hp, but a whopping 280 ft.lbs, not too much shy of my 335. When you put the foot down it's hard to believe it's just a 2 litre!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 03:03 PM   #2483
BSME90
Captain
Philippines
Rep
Drives: E90

Garage List
2007 328xi  [9.00]
Hello from Las Vegas!! My flight doesn't come in until later in the day, so I will unfortunately miss the gathering of the departure of Nick's beloved BMW.
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 03:34 PM   #2484
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
I bet it feels great. I'll never forget the ride I had in a '98 328is - not a ton of power but man, it was still so smooth and fast. I think it is so cool that you grew up around BMW's. I was telling my gf about that.

Nick
This is realistically as quick as you'd want for a daily driver especially when my Dad is averaging around 49 mpg with primarily city driving!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 03:35 PM   #2485
IRL-MN
Major
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BSME90 View Post
Hello from Las Vegas!! My flight doesn't come in until later in the day, so I will unfortunately miss the gathering of the departure of Nick's beloved BMW.
Man Vegas sounds good about now! I need to plan a weekend away somewhere warm and sunny in January. I've had enough cold and snow for this winter already!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2010, 04:46 PM   #2486
Nowak
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2010 E90 328xi

Looking to get my 2010 e90 coded but Im not sure where in the twin cities area. Let me know if anyone knows.
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread