E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > Canada > Alphawerx Auto

03-25-2012, 10:33 PM   #1
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep
Drives: JB 2011 E90 M3

Alphawerx Auto

Anyone have any prior experience with them? Especially when it comes to paint jobs? I think they are a fairly new shop in the John St. & Bayview area in Thornhill. Just shopping around for places that are somewhat close to me to get my front lip painted.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:19 AM   #2
KMach89
Private First Class
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 328xi

I would like to know too!
I'm only 5 minutes away from there.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 12:32 PM   #3
MarkD
Second Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 74 tii, 93 M5 x2, 07 328i

They have been open around 2 years. I haven't used them but know Darren and he's a good guy. He worked at two BMW dealerships in the past.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 10:28 PM   #4
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMach89 View Post
I would like to know too!
I'm only 5 minutes away from there.
I'm going to bring my front lip to get a quote and I'll see how it goes and post back with a review if I end up going there for the work.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MarkD View Post
They have been open around 2 years. I haven't used them but know Darren and he's a good guy. He worked at two BMW dealerships in the past.
Thanks MarkD! That gives me hope that I've found a good shop that's close to me and has more extensive experience dealing with BMWs.
Appreciate 0
      03-26-2012, 11:26 PM   #5
M3Newbie88
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

I've used Darren.. and I must say he does good work.. he worked at Maranello then T&C... I highly recommend them.. Phil has won awards apparently.. I've been there like a week ago to get my brake fliud changed, install charge pipe and bmw performance exhaust..

Also check out his E36 M3.. very nice car.. supercharged..

Tell them you know Andrew with the black 135i recommended you.. better pricing
Appreciate 0
      03-27-2012, 08:32 PM   #6
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1LazyBmw View Post
I've used Darren.. and I must say he does good work.. he worked at Maranello then T&C... I highly recommend them.. Phil has won awards apparently.. I've been there like a week ago to get my brake fliud changed, install charge pipe and bmw performance exhaust..

Also check out his E36 M3.. very nice car.. supercharged..

Tell them you know Andrew with the black 135i recommended you.. better pricing
Thanks for the tip!
Appreciate 0
      04-19-2012, 11:58 PM   #7
Revision2
Captain
Canada
Rep

A quick review

So I ended up going to them with my painting and oil change needs and I have to say they were pretty good guys to deal with, especially Darren. The prices were pretty fair (granted I name dropped Andrew, MarkD, and MaxBimmer :P).

As for the work, I don't have any complaints. I'm definitely not a body shop guy so by no means an expert but the paint job looked decent. As mentioned, Phil has some accomplishments when it comes to body work and apparently they do a lot of the insurance work for VW in RH. I'm just happy I have my new front lip now. All the work that was done happened pretty quick (relatively speaking) even though they seemed to have several cars in the shop both times I went. I definitely intend to go back to them for any future maintenance / upgrade work. The only downside to them at the moment is that they aren't open on weekends.

Andrew, I think I saw your car parked there the day I had gone in for the oil change (on wednesday). You have red scoops installed right?
Appreciate 0