E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > BMW Warranty Issues - Leaking Trans

12-23-2007, 08:04 AM   #45
Babe
Test here
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i Alpine White

Did you do a car fax on this car and see where it has been
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:17 AM   #46
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
Exactly. This is the best course of action, I believe. I know from experience that it works to for the same things that you said! Funny how when you try to touch a dealer's pocket book they spring into action!

Definately call teh Credit Card company and report as an unauthorized billing.

You should speak with your credit card company. You did authorize the work. The dealership can put a mechanic's lien on your car.

This is not a productive path other than to use it as an escalation path within the dealership to get the GM's attention.
      12-23-2007, 11:51 AM   #47
TurboFan
Ski bum
Rep
Drives: sideways

Quote:
Originally Posted by epiphone3 View Post
what the company will do is suspend the charge and contact the dealer. They will give the dealer a chance to prove (with evidence) that the charge is correct... The OP will have to tell the card company exactly that the card# was collateral for the conversation which has not yet occurred.

if getting in contact with Norm thru the normal channels doesn't work, this will certainly make it back to him or to the General Manager of the dealership.
exactly.

1999 e46 328i Ti Silver / Black[retired]
2007 e90 335xi Jet Black / Black[retired]
2011 e70 X5 35d Vermillion Red / Cinnamon
2011 e92 M3 LeMans / Fox Red extended
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:49 PM   #48
ScrewedByBMW
Rep
Drives: 2007 328XI

Thanks for the replies.

I did get a hold of Norm last week. As I expected he denied that he agreed to cover the cost of the repairs. He told me he agreed to "fix" the leaks - I still had to pay for the repairs.

I could have been confused as he may have picked his words carefully. He reminded me he did have a witness in order to have all his "ducks in a row".

Maybe I did misunderstand but it was likely because he mislead me. I told him his reasoning did not make sense for a couple of reasons:
(1) He was already going to fix the problem. One reason for our meeting was because they called me and told me my ordered parts were in. I reminded them that I had not decided to get the work done yet.
(2) The second reason I was there was because I had an interview with Global TV trouble-shooter the next day. They knew this because I had forwarded all correspondence. The story was on denied warranty service. It was part of a Phil Edmondsen 3-part piece. I was left believing that I would cancel the interview (which I did) and they would cover repairs on my car (which I reported on Oct 4th).

To those who posted to call BMW Canada - thanks for the suggestion, but I have totally given up on them. They were so frustrating to deal with: impossible to get ahold of (at least the SA I was dealing with), left many, many messages that were never returned. In end was finally told that BMW Canada was denying claim and the case was closed - period. I sent registered letter to CEO (Lindsay Duffield). A customer service manager phone me back - very polite, professional, but stated that BMW was not going to cover repairs. Calling BMW Canada back seems like a waste of time.

I think my only option left available is small claims court.

Darryl
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 10:53 PM   #49
ScrewedByBMW
Rep
Drives: 2007 328XI

One item that seemed odd on my service order is that I got charged for a "Pan Bolt Set" ($19.09). It seems very odd to me that they would have to replace the pan bolts.

Does anyone know if it is standard practice to replace pan bolts when replacing the transmission gasket?

Darryl
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2007, 11:41 PM   #50
T Bone
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2008 335xi Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewedByBMW View Post
One item that seemed odd on my service order is that I got charged for a "Pan Bolt Set" ($19.09). It seems very odd to me that they would have to replace the pan bolts.

Does anyone know if it is standard practice to replace pan bolts when replacing the transmission gasket?

Darryl

Who knows if there is a torque and / or stretch tolerance for these bolts....$20, I would like them new.

I wouldn't expect BMW Canada to make it easy for any car from the US.
      12-24-2007, 12:29 AM   #51
magmd
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 330i

Garage List
2006 330i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ScrewedByBMW View Post
(2) The second reason I was there was because I had an interview with Global TV trouble-shooter the next day. They knew this because I had forwarded all correspondence. The story was on denied warranty service. It was part of a Phil Edmondsen 3-part piece. I was left believing that I would cancel the interview (which I did) and they would cover repairs on my car (which I reported on Oct 4th).

Darryl
I would not bother with small claims court for $750. It is not worth your time. If it was $14k..that would be a different story.

I think your best course of action...time to do a follow up piece with Global TV. How dealership tricked you into not doing the piece, then blew you off to allow enough time to pass, then deny all verbal agreements now that the original piece was done without naming them. If you talk to them and explain what happened, and why you cancelled the interview b/c you thought it would resolve your problems...they might find it interesting to do this as a 2 step piece on dealer tactics in denying warranty work.
      12-24-2007, 06:57 AM   #52
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by TurboFan View Post
I highly doubt the credit card company will revese the charge. The only chance would be to point out that you left the card # as collateral to a conversation with the Service Manager about covered work, and he will now not return your calls.
You can always dispute a charge. Just throwing out ideas.

I agree with the poster above. Small claims may not worth your trouble. I think a follow up piece with Global TV will be more effective. If you stop one buyer from buying from them you have won.
Appreciate 0