E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Squeking noice 330i

12-09-2007, 02:23 PM   #1
reddog19
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i NAV, Sport, Premium

Exclamation Squeking noice 330i

Hi all, been a long time lurker but recently ive been havin some problems with my 2006 330i. Under acceleration at any rate, between 1-25 mph there is a loud squeeking noice that seems to be coming from the back right wheel.

I almost feel that it could be the hill assist not disengaging or working inccorectly because it happens no matter the incline.......Im gonna have the dealer check it out next week at my 30000 service but wanted to see what you guys thought.

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 03:42 PM   #2
dreamnmotion
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i sedan

i think it's the brake sensors touching the break or something like that. It's been discussed in a fairly large thread. I have the same problem but the dealers "could not replicate" the problem whenever I take it there for them to look at. I'm gonna make them try it again when I take it in for an oil change sometime this month. The squeaking sound for me stops once I hit 20mph. I have no idea why. Hope it helps.
      12-09-2007, 04:37 PM   #3
reddog19
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnmotion View Post
i think it's the brake sensors touching the break or something like that. It's been discussed in a fairly large thread. I have the same problem but the dealers "could not replicate" the problem whenever I take it there for them to look at. I'm gonna make them try it again when I take it in for an oil change sometime this month. The squeaking sound for me stops once I hit 20mph. I have no idea why. Hope it helps.
dream,
I had the same problem at my service when they reported the problem could not be replicated. Sometimes I find that it only happens when the car has been on and Ive been driving for around 10 minutes. 20 mph is about where mine stops too so I guess we have the same problem!.......this isnt harmful to the breaking system is it??

Ill let you know if my dealer has a fix or not after this coming friday
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 10:05 PM   #4
dreamnmotion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by reddog19 View Post
dream,
I had the same problem at my service when they reported the problem could not be replicated. Sometimes I find that it only happens when the car has been on and Ive been driving for around 10 minutes. 20 mph is about where mine stops too so I guess we have the same problem!.......this isnt harmful to the breaking system is it??

Ill let you know if my dealer has a fix or not after this coming friday
Yeah, there's a thread on it and people have reported that the brake has to warm up a little bit in order for it to squeak. Thanks in advance for reporting back. I'm gonna make sure the stealership fix this problem next time I take it in for service
      12-09-2007, 11:05 PM   #5
reddog19
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamnmotion View Post
Yeah, there's a thread on it and people have reported that the brake has to warm up a little bit in order for it to squeak. Thanks in advance for reporting back. I'm gonna make sure the stealership fix this problem next time I take it in for service
Is this the thread you were talking about???: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=73368

Apparently the problem is a brake clip or something rubbing against the caliper or rotor? I just don't know if I should tell the dealership in advance of what I think the problem is or wait to see if "they cant hear it"..........past experience has taught me to wait as sometimes they get offended that one of their customers might know the answer to a problem they cant fix haha.......
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2007, 11:53 PM   #6
dreamnmotion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

this is the thread with lots of people http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=squeak. Usually I just tell them what is it that the car is doing, like it's making squeaking sound in the rear. This time those mofos better fix it.
      12-14-2007, 04:34 PM   #7
reddog19
Rep

Hi all.......just a quick update: today I dropped off my car for its 35000 mile service and a few extra problems such as the above mentioned noise when accelerating.......I asked my SA if this problem showed up a lot and he said he had never heard of it, so I put in the kindly suggestion that the brakes may need to be "cleaned" as others mentioned ha...he didnt seem to upset.

Just thought I'd check in and hopefully have my car back tommorow.

NOTE: My loaner is an '08 X3 3.0si with the m-package, sport, and premium.....I was very impressed with the quality looks(esp with the m), and drive of the car. Much better then when I test drove when a few years back.
      12-15-2007, 02:42 PM   #8
dreamnmotion
Second Lieutenant
Rep

thanks for the update