E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > DIY Angel Eyes

12-22-2007, 09:12 AM   #1
bluemagic
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2008 335i Coupe

Garage List
2008 335i Coupe  [0.00]
DIY Angel Eyes

I have been seriously considering adding these: http://www.hnconcepts.com/diyangeleyes/index.htm DIY Angel Eyes to stock Halogen housings. I believe someone already did a diy on removing the orange reflector, and mentioned opening the housing was somewhat difficult, but if I can get any kind of success with this project it might be worth trying at just $130 for two sets, thats 4 eyes. Ideally I would like to obtain a stock halogen housing from a junk yard or perhaps ebay if the price was right, and experiment before disecting my own. The effect I would be trying to duplicate is the illusion that the rings float seperate from the emitter housing. This is the effect I admire so much about stock angel eyes as opposed to the ones being sold by JLevi, that seem to be discs lying on top of the emitters and not true rings. I believe the floating illusion displayed by stock xenon housings is acheived by anchoring the angel eyes at the top and bottom of the housing an inch or so in front of the emitters. The anchor points are so small as to make it seem as if the eyes float there unatached.

Let me know what everybody thinks.
Appreciate 0