E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Castrol European Formula 0W-30 made in. . .

12-25-2007, 11:38 PM   #1
Gianni_Capp
Private
Rep
Drives: 2007, Black BMW 328i w/Dinan

Castrol European Formula 0W-30 made in. . .

I was in Strauss Automotive when I noticed Castrol Synthetic, European Formula, 0W-30, made in Germany. I immediately look for the BMW long life 04, but it was only 01. What I was wondering, this is the oil in the Castrol SLX European formula, also made in Germany. Would they change the formula, or are the bottles not as current as the certification. I have been trying to get this issues resolved for myself, but the companies aren't all that familiar with their European products. Does anyone have any information?

Regards,
Gianni
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2007, 10:10 AM   #2
epiphone3
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2013 BMW X3 35i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gianni_Capp View Post
I was in Strauss Automotive when I noticed Castrol Synthetic, European Formula, 0W-30, made in Germany. I immediately look for the BMW long life 04, but it was only 01. What I was wondering, this is the oil in the Castrol SLX European formula, also made in Germany. Would they change the formula, or are the bottles not as current as the certification. I have been trying to get this issues resolved for myself, but the companies aren't all that familiar with their European products. Does anyone have any information?

Regards,
Gianni
The new SLX LL04 is not available here yet. It likely will be next year. Castrol Syntec 0w30 is not the same as the SLX LL04 and no, they are not putting the new oil in the old package as far as I know.
Appreciate 0