E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > NA Engine (non-turbo) / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications > Oil catch tank n53,ccv ,ltft

11-04-2023, 04:49 AM   #1
Albert1995
Registered
Rep
Drives: N53

Oil catch tank n53,ccv ,ltft

Tekst tłumaczenia
Hello, I would like to put an oil catch tank in a n53b30 ,question if the return line needs to be connected to the intake manifold or run to the air filter can so that the maf measures the air from the ccv.

Second question how to properly adjust the ccv diaphragm from the repair kit,so that it works properly,my ltft offsets are high above 1mg stk
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 05:21 AM   #2
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E92 325i MSport Coupe

Garage List
I plumbed my OCC into the inlet manifold.
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 0
      11-04-2023, 06:00 AM   #3
Albert1995
Registered
Rep

Does the ccv membrane then remain in place?
What occ stub diameters will be suitable for n53?
Do occ choose with mesh inside, or does it not matter
Appreciate 0
      11-06-2023, 03:05 AM   #4
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert1995 View Post
Does the ccv membrane then remain in place?
What occ stub diameters will be suitable for n53?
Do occ choose with mesh inside, or does it not matter
Yes membrane in the vale cover left intact. Yes I used one with a mesh inside, see here:

https://www.saikoumichi.com/

Not sure what you mean by stub diameters. I fitted mine on the redundant bracket that's used for the power steering reservoir on cars without electric steering (which our doesn't have). Pics below

Name:  OCC 1.jpg
Views: 82
Size:  102.0 KB

Name:  OCC 2.jpg
Views: 77
Size:  92.5 KB

Name:  OCC 3.jpg
Views: 80
Size:  99.6 KB
E92 pre-LCI 325i - Ohlins R&T; H&R spacers; M3 strut brace; Swift thrust sheets; 3 x chassis braces; diff brace; N53 V-brace; 034 subframe inserts; BMS clutch stop; BMS CDV; RE g/box mounts; Delrin shift bushes; Saikoumichi OCC; Cyba scoops; BMW Perf Exhaust; HEL s/steel brake hoses; M3 rear spoiler; Recaro Sportster CSs; M3 white dash LEDs; LED Angels; LED side repeaters; BMW Perf black grille; CSL reps; SSDD carbon diffuser; Monster Wrap black roof/clear front
Appreciate 1
      11-06-2023, 12:59 PM   #5
Albert1995
Registered
Rep

The diameters of the spigots, I meant what occ to choose, because they are 10,12mm and there should be a diameter like the exit from the valve cover.
Another thing, I'm struggling with poor ltft offset (long term corrections, idle ) are over 1mg stk and that's a lot, for n52 n53 they should be slightly negative,
So the question is whether I could connect the return/exit from the occ to the air filter box so that the maf measures the crankcase air, or does it have to be to the factory intake manifold locations. Because from what I know to the atmosphere is incorrect because there has to be a vacuum
Appreciate 0
      11-07-2023, 02:34 AM   #6
Phil325i
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Albert1995 View Post
The diameters of the spigots, I meant what occ to choose, because they are 10,12mm and there should be a diameter like the exit from the valve cover.
Another thing, I'm struggling with poor ltft offset (long term corrections, idle ) are over 1mg stk and that's a lot, for n52 n53 they should be slightly negative,
So the question is whether I could connect the return/exit from the occ to the air filter box so that the maf measures the crankcase air, or does it have to be to the factory intake manifold locations. Because from what I know to the atmosphere is incorrect because there has to be a vacuum
Sorry the questions you asked are above my pay grade!
Appreciate 0