E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Engine Malfunction - Reduced Output

06-09-2018, 01:52 PM   #23
srey
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 335i 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MysticRob View Post
How about just buying a simple vacuum pump tool and testing the wastegates yourself. Read up and learn about how the vehicle works and you'll save a lot of money.
I just did this. Bought a hand pump with a pressure gauge for $24 at harbor freight. I tested just about everything you can with it while chasing down a 30ff. I've tracked it down to either boost solenoids or wastegates, though my actuators do move my arms on the wastegate front. My new boost solenoids come today, and then we'll know.

OP, diy'ing stuff on this platform isn't so bad. There is a wealth of knowledge here and people are always willing to share.
Appreciate 0
      07-17-2018, 06:48 PM   #24
cooldude346
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Update

So I got frustrated and didn't have time to work on it myself so I took it to a local shop in Sterling, VA. They did a great job diagnosing and replaced the "turbocharger boost control valves". They also adjusted the rear turbo waste gate arm. They first only replaced one valve but then I brought it back a week later because I was still having some issues and they replaced the other one then. The car is running much much much better now. I am assuming these are the same thing as the solenoids?
He told me that the Engine Malfunction light might still reappear at some point and in order for them to fully take care of the problem they need to take out the turbos so they can adjust the actuator arm for the front turbo. And then upon inspection maybe the front turbo doesn't seal properly and it would need to be replaced. However he said in order just to check that it involves a bunch of labor.

I was thinking that instead of spending all that money for them to take out the turbos and adjust the actuator I should keep driving until I do have to replace the turbos (and I'll buy new ones from Rob Beck at that point).
Car has 122k on it right now but I'm hoping the turbos will last me a while. Don't feel like replacing turbos for preventative maintenance.

Suggestions?
So far Ive had the car for 3 days and I've been pushing it just to see if the light comes back on. So far nothing, and its running really smooth.

Lastly, do you guys think its safe for me to reinstall JB4 and check it out?
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2019, 12:53 PM   #25
Ralphy_Banks
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3

Hey I wanted to see if yah can help so these codes keep popping up (2739 - 27C5) on I change the Air Suction Pump Hose already & my engine malfunction light still comes on, any idea what it can be

I look up the codes & it says

description for 2739 says "AIR MASS SENSOR SECONDARY AIR ELECTRICAL DIAGNOSIS"
Secondary Air Injection System Air Flow/Pressure Sensor Circuit High (Bank 1)

description for 27C5 says "AIR MASS SENSOR SECONDARY AIR SIGNAL"
Secondary Air Injection System Air Flow/Pressure Sensor Circuit (Bank 1)
Appreciate 0