E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - NY / NJ / CT / PA > Adaptive headlight right side not working

05-19-2019, 02:44 PM   #1
king_cliff119
Rep
Drives: BMW 328xi

Exclamation Adaptive headlight right side not working

Hello, I just got a 2009 328xi E92 coupe. It has Adaptive headlights. Originally both left and right xenons were out l. I bought new xenons and the left one went in with no issue and turned on no problem. But the right one did not turn on. I should have swapped the bulbs to see if the right bulb would turn on when put on the left but it started to rain and I figured the ballast for the right side is no longer working. I today finally had time to put in that new ballast and still not getting the xenon bulb to turn on. I switched that bulb to the left side to see it is a light bulb issue, the right side bulb works fine on the left side. I switched the ballast putting the new one on the left side to confirm the ballast is working and it is working just fine on the left side. If the bulb and ballast are fine, what else could be the issue on the right side? Can anyone please give me a suggestion of where else to look? Searched and searched and cannot find anything to helpful me.

P.s. the turn signal works just fine but the halos is also not on

Adaptive headlight right side not working
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 02:22 PM   #2
GearHead335i
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 335i xDrive LCI

I’d check near the wiring harness, sometimes a wire can pop away from the big plastic connectors. Other than that, just be glad that you have an e92 and they use butyl glue for the lenses so you can bake them and take them off versus us E90 guys that’s have permaseal holding our lenses on so we have to cut them off.

Also this may be a stupid suggestion but check all fuses related to headlight as well.
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2019, 02:48 PM   #3
Seanjohn004
Rep
Drives: 2011 335i coupe

Maybe the module is bad. Did you get any adaptive headlight error in idrive?
Appreciate 0