E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Mid-Atlantic > National Capital Chapter presents CHAPTERFEST 2009!!!! NEW INFO POSTED: 09-26-2009

National Capital Chapter presents CHAPTERFEST 2009!!!! NEW INFO POSTED
Calendar: USA - Mid-Atlantic
pseto
Major General

By now, hopefully everyone has heard of our BIGGEST event of the year - ChapterFest 2009. It will be held on Sat, Sept 26th at Bowie BaySox Stadium (rain or shine). It is open to EVERYONE; CCA members, non-members, and all car/bike enthusiasts are welcomed!!!

For those of you who did not attend last year's mega event, we had more than 400+ people and we're shooting for well over 500 this year. ChapterFest will highlight many of our programs coming together into one huge event: autocross, concours, social, and more.

There will be a morning and afternoon autocross for your viewing pleasure or better yet, signup to participate!!! A Show and Shine will also take place in the morning, so get there early to join, watch, and/or judge.

In addition, we'll have various vendors providing services such as paintless dent removal and mobile detailing. We're also providing a fantastic lunch as well as the comraderie of many others who love anything with a motor and wheels.

We have invited all CCA chapters up and down the East Coast as they head to OktoberFest in Atlanta, as well as many of the local clubs from around the area (Porsche, Mercedes, BMW Bikers, etc). Spread the word, gather up the friends/family, and come on out for a great time!!!

For registration and to view more information see our official website HERE

Also, online registration is the ONLY way to be guaranteed an official ChapterFest t-shirt!!!!

You can also join one of the local caravans in one of these threads:
Fredericksburg, VA - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5421
Baltimore/Columbia, MD - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5460
Tysons/NoVA - http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthrea...3088#post33088

Swap Meet - a thread has been started to get an idea of what people are bringing. Please add your own items to the thread, make sure to include what car these items fit
http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5538

***Please bring your own chairs, tents, tables, etc since there won't be any available there

SEE POST #81 FOR MORE LAST MINUTE CHAPTERFEST INFORMATION

Highlights from last year's ChapterFest

More pics from last year http://tenfifteen.net/photos/nccbmwc...pterfest-2008/
RSVP'd Yes: 18 RSVP'd Maybe: 5
  • BK - Sounds great but it is right around my son's birthday. Depends on if we're having his birthday party that weekend or the next.
  • KL2DC - I'll try make it, only thing holding me back is work travel schedule
  • LilFingers
  • MTrizzy - if Im available
  • WagonSquad
RSVP'd No: 6
  • 1N54E92 - Daughter's B-day
  • flip4335 - plate is full....so want to go, tho
  • jdsboston - sorry man. my cousin is in town from boston and can't fit this in. cu soon.
  • mds82 - sorry :(
  • Wonka - Iowa v PSU football - hotel and tickets are already in the bag
  • zaxjax - Coaching football at 10 & 3
RSVP sign-ups for this event are now closed.

09-16-2009, 04:19 PM   #45
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: Finally here

Quote:
Originally Posted by pseto View Post
i think Jax got nominated for that

if thats the case, then get the plan together and i'll post it with the other caravans.

wth? how did i get nominated, i suck at directions and hate waking up early, def. can't be no expert in settin up caravans.

i looked at the direction, it's a bit further than i thought (near Annapolis?).. about 45 minutes from Tysons (or with our driving, maybe 30 lol).

i'm ok with meeting at tysons wherever, as long as its easy for everyone to follow as a group. tysons mall is always a bitch to get in and out of. any idea of where in tysons would be a good spot?
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 04:28 PM   #46
supremenyc1994
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: 08 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by bubbletea 4 me View Post
wth? how did i get nominated, i suck at directions and hate waking up early, def. can't be no expert in settin up caravans.

i looked at the direction, it's a bit further than i thought (near Annapolis?).. about 45 minutes from Tysons (or with our driving, maybe 30 lol).

i'm ok with meeting at tysons wherever, as long as its easy for everyone to follow as a group. tysons mall is always a bitch to get in and out of. any idea of where in tysons would be a good spot?
Lets meet up on Rt 7 Starbucks (Circuit City used to be there)
8:45 AM?

lol. Jackson will lead us to the stadium.

I swear, my computer is playing games with me. U think you are so smart, don't U? I unplug U!
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 04:33 PM   #47
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 ZCP, F80 M3 ZCP- beater

Quote:

not sure which way you're gonna go, but Bowie is probably less than 10 miles from the 495/Rt 50 exit, no where near Annapolis. Tysons to Bowie can't be more than 30 mins barring traffic.

why not use the Best Buy parking lot on Rt 7? Its easy to get out of there and shouldnt be a problem that early in the morning

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Join our NCC Facebook Page
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2009, 04:47 PM   #48
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
not sure which way you're gonna go, but Bowie is probably less than 10 miles from the 495/Rt 50 exit, no where near Annapolis. Tysons to Bowie can't be more than 30 mins barring traffic.

why not use the Best Buy parking lot on Rt 7? Its easy to get out of there and shouldnt be a problem that early in the morning

I just put in the address of the bestbuy and the stadium in mapquest, it says 45 minutes :/

http://www.mapquest.com/maps?1a=8449...hway+&2z=20716

i'm sure we can make it in no time that early on Sat.

bestbuy lot isfurther away from Tysons and there is construction so road sux in and out of there

why don't we meet at 9 AM on top of the AMC lot, closest to the ramp entrance. that might be the easiest and closest to 495N.

If everyone is ok with that, paul go ahead and post it as the meet up spot for caravan.
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 09:00 AM   #49
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

i've noticed that many of you that RSVP'd on this thread still haven't registered online.

signup ASAP people which ensures a custom fit ChapterFest tshirt also we may close regsitration early to get the tshirt order turned around ontime from the manufacturer.

we are WAY past 200+ people, so this will easily be the biggest BMW meet of the year!!!

Become a BMW CCA member; Click HERE to join and use my member #339225 for a referral
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 09:03 AM   #50
BMWGator
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 335i

Quote:
I
why don't we meet at 9 AM on top of the AMC lot, closest to the ramp entrance. that might be the easiest and closest to 495N.

If everyone is ok with that, paul go ahead and post it as the meet up spot for caravan.
Sounds like a plan.

BTW, even though I'm not registered for Show and Shine, I'm parking in those spots anyway, so everybody make room for my E93, dammit. lol

===============================
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 09:36 AM   #51
E93SC
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2008 E93 Space Gray

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWGator View Post
Sounds like a plan.

BTW, even though I'm not registered for Show and Shine, I'm parking in those spots anyway, so everybody make room for my E93, dammit. lol
Mike, save me a spot. Dammit make room for 2 E93
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 01:36 PM   #52
supremenyc1994
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
i've noticed that many of you that RSVP'd on this thread still haven't registered online.

signup ASAP people which ensures a custom fit ChapterFest tshirt also we may close regsitration early to get the tshirt order turned around ontime from the manufacturer.

we are WAY past 200+ people, so this will easily be the biggest BMW meet of the year!!!
Thanks Paul, I just registered and do we pay at the front gate?

I swear, my computer is playing games with me. U think you are so smart, don't U? I unplug U!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 01:51 PM   #53
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supremenyc1994 View Post
Thanks Paul, I just registered and do we pay at the front gate?
pay online if you can. i'd rather not have a bunch of people waiting at the gate needing to pay. plus, the less money we handle at the gate, the better.

we're asking for the caravans to arrive around the same time, so there's a potential for long lines at the gate.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 02:18 PM   #54
supremenyc1994
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
pay online if you can. i'd rather not have a bunch of people waiting at the gate needing to pay. plus, the less money we handle at the gate, the better.

we're asking for the caravans to arrive around the same time, so there's a potential for long lines at the gate.
payment sent Do I need to paint out for the confirmation?

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 03:00 PM   #55
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

i paid lastnight so im good to go. but if every caravan is trying to arrive the same time why are we going so early? lol.. we should like arrive at 11 intead to avoid the crowd (and i get to sleep in).

Allen - good to know u'll be there man. think this is the first big bmw meet ill c u at. i'll try to get paul to go too..
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 03:10 PM   #56
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
i paid lastnight so im good to go. but if every caravan is trying to arrive the same time why are we going so early? lol.. we should like arrive at 11 intead to avoid the crowd (and i get to sleep in).
the later you get there, the greater the likelihood you'll be sent to the gravel pits. we got plenty of complaints about that last year, so that will serve as the overflow lot.

its up to you when you want to get there, but i wouldnt want to park in the gravel. not only might you get paint chips, its kinda far away from all the action. if you want to change your arrival time, just let me know.

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 03:23 PM   #57
Alpine335TT
Major
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 M-Sport 335i

I wanted to go to this but I'll be in Ocean City for H2O. Enjoy guys!

MISCHIEF.TV
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 03:47 PM   #58
supremenyc1994
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
the later you get there, the greater the likelihood you'll be sent to the gravel pits. we got plenty of complaints about that last year, so that will serve as the overflow lot.

its up to you when you want to get there, but i wouldnt want to park in the gravel. not only might you get paint chips, its kinda far away from all the action. if you want to change your arrival time, just let me know.

paint chips?? Hell no...

Jackson, we should go there early man.
Mina is coming with me, so bring Paul and his wife plus the kid, too

Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 04:24 PM   #59
bubbletea 4 me
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:

nah, i'll be there bright and early just cuz i'm supposely heading the caravan? guess 9 AM meet up it is and i assume we probably make it there in 30 or less... no gravel parkin damn it!!
Appreciate 0
      09-17-2009, 06:12 PM   #60
BMWFann
Rep
Drives: 1994 320

registered, looks like a very quiet event from this registered nos.

Event Date Price- Capacity- Registered
ChapterFest - General Admission 09-26-2009- $ 5.00- 1000- 126 Registered
ChapterFest - Autocross Registration 09-26-2009- $ 25.00- 100- 87 Registered
ChapterFest - Show & Shine Registration 09-26-2009- $ 15.00- 100- 20 Registered

what the heck cant beat a $5 for meal plus it just next door

lolz

Last edited by BMWFann; 09-17-2009 at 09:10 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 08:53 AM   #61
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

we're way past 220+ people who've signed up online, almost halfway towards our goal of 500!!!!

please signup ASAP since we may need to close registration early to get the tshirt order turned around in time

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 09:24 AM   #62
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Swap Meet - a thread has been started to get an idea of what people are bringing. Please add your own items to the thread, make sure to include what car these items fit
http://forum.nccbmwcca.org/showthread.php?t=5538

Appreciate 0
      09-18-2009, 11:52 AM   #63
pseto
Major General
United_States
Rep

Just read thru last year's ChapterFest thread, that was some funny shit!!!

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=chapterfest

more CF pics:
http://tenfifteen.net/photos/nccbmwc...pterfest-2008/

Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 07:39 AM   #64
DoNDoN
Colonel
Thailand
Rep
Drives: 2008 E92 M3 AW

Registration is closed. Hmmm should I go?
      09-21-2009, 08:21 AM   #65
Blade929
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325Ci - E90 ///M - 330 - X5D

Columbia/ Baltimore peeps

Yes Don you should go.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2009, 08:38 AM   #66
supremenyc1994
Hong Kong
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by DoNDoN View Post
Registration is closed. Hmmm should I go?
Yes, you should.

Appreciate 0