E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - California > 888CONCEPT - Headlight customization & retrofit in Orange County (SOCAL)

12-14-2014, 06:06 PM   #23
xquisit
«-·¨¯¯¨·-»
Rep
Drives: 328i / R32 / 1.8T

Wow,

What a short response time; I look forward to doing business with you.
      12-15-2014, 01:54 PM   #24
E46driver
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 E92 N51 328i

PM'd!
2009 Alpine White E92 N51 328i Automagic | Premium & Sport Pkg. | Coral Red/Black Dakota Leather Interior | M-Spor | BMW Performance Exhaust | Active Autowerke Headers | BBS CH-R | CPS Front Lip | Performance Front Grills | 888Concepts Custom Headlights (GONE)

2011 Alpine White E90 N55 335i Automagic
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 02:00 PM   #25
gerry_c
Private
Rep
Drives: 2006 330i bmw

this is awesome can u pm me your contact no. as well??? since my car will be in the body shop for a week might as well send you the headlights
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 02:57 PM   #26
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: e92 n54 FBO COBB'd

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry_c View Post
this is awesome can u pm me your contact no. as well??? since my car will be in the body shop for a week might as well send you the headlights
Check your PM

All pm's responded.
Appreciate 0
      12-15-2014, 07:27 PM   #27
xquisit
«-·¨¯¯¨·-»
Rep

Give this man more business!

I can't wait to get started.
      12-15-2014, 08:19 PM   #28
Maximo'sE82
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07' 335i, 10' 135i , 08 535ix

Quote:
Originally Posted by xquisit View Post

Trust me when I say this , man deserves the business , great work and turn around time is fast . Always a pleasure doing business with him
      12-16-2014, 04:44 PM   #29
Eagle1oh7
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 328i Sedan

So do you offer coding services or would I have to go out and get it done elsewhere? I would like to say I have FRM 2 because I have DRLs and my production date code is PH53(07/09).
DONE: Seibon CF Hood, M3 Rep, MSport rear w/DD CF Diffuser, M3 Rep Skirts, Seibon CSL trunklid, Forgestar F14 18s w/Michelin PSS, Eisenmann catback, AA Headers, BPC Stage 2, Charcoal Delete+revMotor+AFE Drop In filter
FUTURE MODS: LED headlights, CF rooftop, M3 Suspension Conversion, Dinan CAI Mod
Appreciate 0
      12-16-2014, 10:21 PM   #30
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Concept
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
So non-angel eye, halogens can be retrofited to DTM halos?! Wow! Any coding included? This is looking to be cheaper alternative than buying a whole new set of headlights for bi-Xenon AEs.
Absolutely! The regular halos or DTM Corona halos can be retrofitted to any headlights really. If you have FRM2 or newever then you can code to use AE Halos as Daytime Running Light (DRL). If not, you can buy a DAEOS Harness (http://www.distantxtremes.com/daeos-...y-harness.html" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.distantxt...rness.html</a>) which enable you to use halos as DRL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 3jello3 View Post
I saw your answer above and that is great. how you make them exactly like euro headlights? (clear color) and, do you wrap them instead? any other options for this?

i want to know all possible options for deleting amber, and if you can pm me your price for this specifically please. I already saw your craigslist thread and familiar with all other charges. thanks sir!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim07e90 View Post
+1 and I'm local to you
Sorry for the miscommunication. I didn't mean to say that I can convert the amber to look exactly like the EURO version. There are several ways to go about deleting the amber: paint them to silver (or a color of your choice), wrap them in silver vinyl, or wrap them in silver Carbon Fiber vinyl (which I think look the closest to EURO version, refererence: http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261227" rel="ugc" target="_blank">http://<a href="http://www.1addicts....p?t=261227</a>. Obviously applying the vinyl on the inside will be a much cleaner application than applying the vinyl on the outter headlight lens.).

Quote:
Do you change out LCI halogens to non-adaptive xenons (or I'll even buy adaptive)?

I am looking for someone to work on that for me, and do the four LED rings for my angels eyes.

Sick and tired of my turn signals, and was hoping you could help me out.

I can certainly help you convert halogen to bi-xenon using the proven FX-R 3 projector. Check your pm.
Do you have any pictures of the inside vinyl application or painted inside amber of the headlights?
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 12:39 AM   #31
1chanc3
Major
Rep
Drives: 2010 e92 335i

I have a couple noob questions:

For "Retrofit Angel Eye Halo (All Four) COB LED rings - $100 (white only)"
-Is $100 the total price for the retrofit, i.e the $100 includes parts and labor? Or is the $100 in addition to the opening/closing of headlight cost of $150, totaling $250?
-And does it need coding?
-What does COB mean?

-When you say 3 day turn around, does that mean you will need to hold onto the headlights for 3 days? In which case the car is inoperable right?
-How have others dealt with not being able to drive their car for 3 days?
-Will you provide some headlights in the meantime for us to get around? I ask this because I start driving to work at 6:30am and leave work at 6:30pm, and at both these times it is very dark.

Last edited by 1chanc3; 12-17-2014 at 12:47 AM..
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 01:35 AM   #32
Spectre
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: M3

Garage List
2009 BMW M3  [10.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chanc3 View Post

-Is $100 the total price for the retrofit, i.e the $100 includes parts and labor? Or is the $100 in addition to the opening/closing of headlight cost of $150, totaling $250?
-What does COB mean?

-When you say 3 day turn around, does that mean you will need to hold onto the headlights for 3 days? In which case the car is inoperable right?
-Will you provide some headlights in the meantime for us to get around? I ask this because I start driving to work at 6:30am and leave work at 6:30pm, and at both these times it is very dark.
+1 would also like to know.

Appreciate 0
      12-17-2014, 05:51 PM   #33
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIMO'sE92 View Post
Trust me when I say this , man deserves the business , great work and turn around time is fast . Always a pleasure doing business with him
Thank you so much for your kind words guys. They mean a lot to me because customer satisfaction is always my top priority. I want to make sure that everyone will get my support before or after sales.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eagle1oh7 View Post
So do you offer coding services or would I have to go out and get it done elsewhere? I would like to say I have FRM 2 because I have DRLs and my production date code is PH53(07/09).
If you have FRM2, then you don't need coding. However, I know someone who can do the coding for you if needed.

Quote:
Do you have any pictures of the inside vinyl application or painted inside amber of the headlights?
Unfortunately I don't have any picture for you. But if you look at the reference thread, http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=261227 . The OP in that thread apply the vinyl on the outter lens, so when you get close you will still can see the amber reflector. Only doing it from the inside will get rid 100% of the amber reflector. People will not see it from any angle up close. I have great experience dealing with a heat gun and vinyl. I can vinyl wrap the shark fin antenna with ease, so this orange reflector is a walk in the park.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1chanc3 View Post

-What does COB mean?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EJB1990 View Post
+1 would also like to know.
Here's a response I sent to 1chanc3 to answer his questions:

1) Retrofitting of COB or SMD rings cost $100 which includes parts and labor. However, every job always start with the basic $150 labor to open and reseal headlight (this can be more if your headlights use permanent sealant like permaseal). So the total cost to upgrade all four halos is minimum $250.

2) My rings will not cause error codes on your dash. Please refer to to see the difference between COB LED and SMD LED. It's really just a matter of personal preference.

3) Yes that means I will need your headlights for at least 3 days. Even though I don't recommend customers drive their cars without headlights due to risks of dealing with rain and possibly illegal especially at night. However, I personally have driven my car without headlights during daytime numerous times and have never gotten in trouble. A few of my customers who commute to me from over 200 miles away without headlights during daytime, and none of them got in trouble either.

4) Unfortunately I don't have loaner headlights due to the fact that there are way too many different headlights. However, if the turnaround is the only obstacle, I'm sure I can work it out with you. How many off days do you get from work?
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2014, 04:54 PM   #34
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Can you remove ambers on Pre-LCI E90 headlights? Just like Euro headlights? Thanks!
Quote:
I saw your answer above and that is great. how you make them exactly like euro headlights? (clear color) and, do you wrap them instead? any other options for this?

i want to know all possible options for deleting amber, and if you can pm me your price for this specifically please. I already saw your craigslist thread and familiar with all other charges. thanks sir!
Quote:
+1 and I'm local to you
I found a vinyl that's perfect for E90 PRE LCI amber reflector delete. It is the closest to EURO Version as it gets. Please refer to the attachment.
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 03:33 PM   #35
Notorious99
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Bmw

very interresting, it is possible to send to France?. Can we see you all model photos? thank you
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 04:57 PM   #36
Tim07e90
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2007 E90 328i

Garage List
2007 BMW 328i  [8.50]
Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Concept
Quote:
Can you remove ambers on Pre-LCI E90 headlights? Just like Euro headlights? Thanks!
Quote:

Quote:
+1 and I'm local to you
I found a vinyl that's perfect for E90 PRE LCI amber reflector delete. It is the closest to EURO Version as it gets. Please refer to the attachment.
Wow, that's pretty close. I'm just curious as to how they would look inside a headlamp. Can you PM me cost to do that? Not sure if I'll do it now but is possibly my next mod.
Performance Mods: ST Coilovers | R1 Concepts Premier Rotors w/Hawk HPS Pads | ECS Stainless Steel Brake Lines | OEM 219M Wheels | Bridgestone Potenza RE760 | Precision Euro Spacers | AA Race Headers | AFE Race Midpipes | Remus Powersound Quad Exhaust | AA Offroad Tune | RevMotoring Intake Pipe | Cyba Scoops
Appreciate 0
      12-23-2014, 05:40 PM   #37
houtan
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Garage List
2011 135i  [9.80]
are you able to do the 1 series headlights as well?
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 01:42 PM   #38
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by houtan View Post
are you able to do the 1 series headlights as well?
Of course, all headlights are basically the same to me. I have all sizes of rings.

Quote:
Wow, that's pretty close. I'm just curious as to how they would look inside a headlamp. Can you PM me cost to do that? Not sure if I'll do it now but is possibly my next mod.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Notorious99 View Post
very interresting, it is possible to send to France?. Can we see you all model photos? thank you
Check your PM
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 07:04 PM   #39
Spensaur
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E93 328i

Garage List
I see that your LEDs are the full circle type. Do you have ones where they are cut off at the top like OEM?
2007 E93 328i | Space Gray Coral Red | M-Tech Front Bumper w/ Carbon Fiber Splitters | BMW Performance Rear Bumper | BMW Performance Exhaust w/ Secondary Cat Delete | Injen Intake | HID Angel Eyes | M3 Trunk Lip Spoiler

Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 08:36 PM   #40
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Aww man I'm starting to hyperventilate! You mean to tell me I can get order the color changing leds with remote and the red demon eyes for a total of $450? And OSS designs wants to charge over $1000 for the same thing! Count me in I will be sending my headlights within the next couple of weeks, if I can get confirmation. This is the look I'm going for. Merry late Xmas to myself!

Name:  a69e796c832611e3b141125afd15e7e6_8.jpg
Views: 1440
Size:  104.2 KB

Last edited by Shadow007; 12-26-2014 at 12:50 PM..
Appreciate 0
      12-24-2014, 09:10 PM   #41
Shadow007
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 335i coupe monaco blue

Quote:
Originally Posted by MAXIMO'sE92 View Post
Thought I share the other lights u did for me
What setup is this, color changing ae and red demon eyes? Also are the demon eyes only visible when your using the drl or could they be seen when your using the regular low beams as well? I'm so amped at getting my upgrade finally! Im glad there's a new company thay can offer the same service for half the price. Say goodby to OSS Designs and all of those other over priced places!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 04:04 PM   #42
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Sorry everyone for the holiday delays. I hope you all had a great and quality time with your loved ones. All PM's have been responded.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007 View Post
Aww man I'm starting to hyperventilate! You mean to tell me I can get order the color changing leds with remote and the red demon eyes for a total of $450? And OSS designs wants to charge over $1000 for the same thing! Count me in I will be sending my headlights within the next couple of weeks, if I can get confirmation. This is the look I'm going for. Merry late Xmas to myself!

Attachment 1135429
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shadow007 View Post
What setup is this, color changing ae and red demon eyes? Also are the demon eyes only visible when your using the drl or could they be seen when your using the regular low beams as well? I'm so amped at getting my upgrade finally! Im glad there's a new company thay can offer the same service for half the price. Say goodby to OSS Designs and all of those other over priced places!
Hey Shadow,

I am happy and proud to be able to give consumers like yourself a less expensive alternative. In fact that actually is the main reason why I started doing this as a business. I really believe that the consumers simply deserve more options.

I used to feel the same way about how much the big established companies charge, too; but after doing this for a little awhile now, I honestly don't think that they are a "rip-off" at all. In addition to having to deal with costly liability, working with these fragile headlights requires a lot of patience, lots of time, and great experience. All of those aforementioned items significantly add greater expenses ($$$) to each project. Did I also mention about the cost of post-sale and warranty support? Frankly, I am very grateful for being able to keep the overheads at the bare minimum to keep my small business operation running. I honestly cannot see how I can keep the prices this low once I move into a larger commercial space and have people on payroll. I know that I have a huge price advantage over the big established guys, which does help me earn a lot of businesses. But I certainly hope everyone understand that what they're charging is quite reasonable and fair.

In any event, I can't wait for the holiday season to be over so I can get started on more projects. Thank you so much for all the support thus far, guys!
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2014, 04:15 PM   #43
xquisit
«-·¨¯¯¨·-»
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by 888Concept View Post
Sorry everyone for the holiday delays. I hope you all had a great and quality time with your loved ones. All PM's have been responded.

Hey Shadow,

I am happy and proud to be able to give consumers like yourself a less expensive alternative. In fact that actually is the main reason why I started doing this as a business. I really believe that the consumers simply deserve more options.

I used to feel the same way about how much the big established companies charge, too; but after doing this for a little awhile now, I honestly don't think that they are a "rip-off" at all. In addition to having to deal with costly liability, working with these fragile headlights requires a lot of patience, lots of time, and great experience. All of those aforementioned items significantly add greater expenses ($$$) to each project. Did I also mention about the cost of post-sale and warranty support? Frankly, I am very grateful for being able to keep the overheads at the bare minimum to keep my small business operation running. I honestly cannot see how I can keep the prices this low once I move into a larger commercial space and have people on payroll. I know that I have a huge price advantage over the big established guys, which does help me earn a lot of businesses. But I certainly hope everyone understand that what they're charging is quite reasonable and fair.

In any event, I can't wait for the holiday season to be over so I can get started on more projects. Thank you so much for all the support thus far, guys!

You see folks? This man knows how to run a business, and I am seriously itching to get some work done.

I have a lot of respect for you, because I too had my eyes on OSS design lights about three years ago (but I lost my Bimmer and finally have one again)... so it would be more than my pleasure to do business with someone local with proper business etiquette.
      12-26-2014, 04:19 PM   #44
888Concept
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spensaur View Post
I see that your LEDs are the full circle type. Do you have ones where they are cut off at the top like OEM?
Yes I do have the top-cut-off rings without the flat bottom like DTM Corona. I actually have all types of LED's that were ever created for BMW, pretty much anything you can find at umnitza or lightwurkz.

I'm slowly working on my website and as well as images of products/services that I currently offer. (Thank you so much to Sean from Offset Motorwerks for helping me with the website). This can be a good or bad thing, but my priorities right now are: headlight project completion & customer support > more high res photos > website completion.
Appreciate 0