E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > CIC non NAV to CIC NAV- is it possible?

03-30-2019, 10:40 AM   #1
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 sedan, BMW 328i

CIC non NAV to CIC NAV- is it possible?

Tried looking around for DIY's to upgrade my E90 LCI Idrive with CIC non navigation to Navigation, could not find any information or may be could not narrow down to specific search criteria, could someone help. I have MULF2 HI SVS with USB. Even some read around this is much appreciated if no DIY's available.
      03-30-2019, 10:52 AM   #2
Sensible_
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post
Tried looking around for DIY's to upgrade my E90 LCI Idrive with CIC non navigation to Navigation, could not find any information or may be could not narrow down to specific search criteria, could someone help. I have MULF2 HI SVS with USB. Even some read around this is much appreciated if no DIY's available.
If you have CIC idrive you just need to activate navigation.

You can do this by installing emulator or CIC Patcher. There are many many threads.
Appreciate 0
      03-31-2019, 12:07 AM   #3
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep

Thank you, it looks like I need to first secure a couple of tools to complete this tasks, while I work on them, is there someone in the forum who can help be achieve this remotely, I am ok for a reasonable paid service.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2019, 05:43 AM   #4
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep

Need some help and guidance, until now I have got this far but have few questions in mind before i proceed

Step 1 - I need to virginize CIC using CIC patcher V2 - Looks like a simple process of formatting drive to Fat 32, loading CIC patcher in the CIC USB reader and rest is done automatically (Need latest version of CIC, which i assume is CIC_C_1A)

Question - I have read thru some article which states that above process is only for Unites States or Central Europe software versions, vin decoder states EUR for my car, but I am not sure if its Central Europe or not (car is purchased in Philippines), is there a way to identify this using any of the available tools?

Step 2 - Use FS Tool to sign them

Question - Does anyone have a step by step process to do this, looks like a simple process, but doesn't want to mess around anything unknowingly.

Step 3 - Grab the 1b file using automated process much like given in step 1 (using copie_scr.sh)

Setp 4 - Use (bmw_cic_fsc_generator.zip) to get the Code for the desired map

Question - The map list given there doesn't feature South East Asia, is there somewhere i get map for SE Asia (torrent link i guess).

Lastly, is there any other hardware requirement as oppose to what I already have (MULF2 HI SVS) and Idrive, won't I need a GPS device for this or at least a GPS Antenna?

Furthermore am I ready for any paid service around this if anyone is interested to help me
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2019, 02:38 PM   #5
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep

I am able to complete this retrofit today, thanks for guidance, specially the key word "CIC Patcher", happy to have a working Navigation.

CIC patcher V2 .. thanks to intel123 for cars UK forum
FS Tool 2.. was a tough one to configure but my computer skills really paid off and thanks to Dr Gini for updated EDIBAS and CAR server
FSC Generator..thanks to portslseo from Bimmerpost forum

17 hours of reading thru forum
$10 Map Update
2 minutes of coding
7 minutes MAP update

Those who need help, clarification, steps, tools can surely contact me.
      09-25-2020, 07:00 AM   #6
Xidino123
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2010 e90 328i

So did you successfully convert your non navigation cic into navigation activated cic?
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2020, 10:53 AM   #7
youbarajs
Private
Singapore
Rep

Yes, I did.

If you ask me honestly, it not worth it.

The maps are quite outdated as compared to modern apps like google maps and waze.

This was quite an interesting retrofit I did 2 years back, but on all practical aspects it was worth to retrofit a carplay

Last edited by youbarajs; 09-26-2020 at 11:01 AM.. Reason: Saved by mistake without complete answer
Appreciate 0
      01-27-2023, 11:16 AM   #8
Polariscon
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW e90 330i

Quote:
Originally Posted by youbarajs View Post

Those who need help, clarification, steps, tools can surely contact me.
Hi, just wondering if you can help, I am in exactly same situation as you were. Wondering if you can write roughly how to process this update and perfectly if you can share tools used.

Thanks
Pawel
Appreciate 0