Tirerack
Use the following links to go directly to useful tirerack winter items: Tirerack Winter Tires. Gary's Winter Tire FAQ.
Using the links directly supports E90Post with tirerack sales commision!

E90Post

The Tire Rack

PLEASE HELP SUPPORT E90POST BY DOING YOUR TIRERACK SHOPPING FROM THIS BANNER, THANKS!

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Wheels and Tires Forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack > The Sparkling Graphite Struggle...

Wheels and Tires forum Sponsored by The Tire Rack
Please help to directly support e90post by doing your tirerack shopping from the above link. For every sale made through the link, e90post gets sponsor support to keep the site alive. Disclaimer

02-20-2010, 03:29 PM   #89
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep
Drives: F80 ZCP 6MT, R55 Clubman S 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by mtechnik3 View Post
I've always liked hyperblack or silver LC Dynas on SG E90s. IMO you need to make sure your window trim and grills are black (blacklines for E90) to pull of a more aggressive color like h/b - a drop never hurts either. Silver CSLs are classic.
Yup, trim and grills are going to be gloss black, so I wanted a darker finish on the rims. I've always liked CSL reps (silver) but they look a bit dated (classic, but dated), plus I think the only way they'd look good enough on the car would be if I kept the chrome trim. Which I'm not doing Thought about coils for a while, but don't think I'm going to go for a drop. The stance is good enough for me, and I don't live in California Don't think I want to go for hyperblack though. That always looked better on lighter colored cars, to me. If I had was one of those hardcore AW guys I'd think about it LOL.

My delivery experience and beach photoshoot here.
Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 03:46 PM   #90
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Skye View Post
The silver color offered by BBS on the BBS CH's look amazing on SGM e90s. I know someone had pics of em up somewhere... forget where though... It might be in the e90 wheels thread found here...

http://www.e90post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=49281
Yeah they're actually on the very first page there, the night shot posted by Long, right? I used to want some CH's in matte black real bad lol, until I discovered gunmetal VMR's

Appreciate 0
      02-20-2010, 03:48 PM   #91
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedges View Post
moar pics!
+1

Appreciate 0
      02-23-2010, 08:54 PM   #92
JL 325i
straight^
United_States
Rep
Drives: 325i

i say go hyper silver, black looks way to blacked out if u have tinted and other stuff, i have sg325i , matte black grill, 35 tint and silver wheels compliment
      02-23-2010, 09:40 PM   #93
E90 Skye
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: E36 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
i say go hyper silver, black looks way to blacked out if u have tinted and other stuff, i have sg325i , matte black grill, 35 tint and silver wheels compliment
I agree, I really think with SG a great compliment color is silver. With TiAG I'd say go dark gunmetal or matte black would look cool, with darker color cars (like my JB) The wheels just end up blending in with the rest of the body. A little contrast is a good thing, unless you're going for a blacked out/dark look!

either way good luck man! Buying wheels is a tough choice, i'm having a tough time currently and trying to still maintain my budget lol
CURRENT - E36 M3 Alpine White | BC Coils | FROMERLY - 2006 Jet Black 330i | Premium Package | ZF AT | LUX 4.0 | Jlevi M3 Front Bumper | CF Mtech spoiler | Gloss Black Grill | Msport wheel | Blacklines | Koni FSD + Eibach Pro-kit | BMS PBX
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 08:14 PM   #94
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by JL 325i View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by E90 Skye View Post
I agree, I really think with SG a great compliment color is silver. With TiAG I'd say go dark gunmetal or matte black would look cool, with darker color cars (like my JB) The wheels just end up blending in with the rest of the body. A little contrast is a good thing, unless you're going for a blacked out/dark look!

either way good luck man! Buying wheels is a tough choice, i'm having a tough time currently and trying to still maintain my budget lol
Thanks guys! I'm DEFINITELY not going black, my car would have to be BSM or JB for me to do that. But when you refer to SG do you mean Space Gray or SGM? I do know that SG is considerably lighter...

To Syke, I am going for a darker overall look (gunmetal wheels to match the body -ish). Its gonna look pretty nice at night during the summer (gloss black trim/grilles/20% tint coming in a couple weeks) so silver may be a bit TOO much of a contrast (until the 162's go back on in winter LOL), you know? Man I love the feedback/pictures from this thread, its awesome

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 08:36 PM   #95
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

I keep coming back to this thread because I am also looking for new wheels for spring. Initially I responded with Silver (which I still think work best) but I've changed my direction a bit after seeing Bill Preston's car on those gunmetal VS8's. I am leaning somewhat towards gunmetal Alufelgen CS7's rather than Silver.

It's really a tough choice because I would like to see the gunmetal wheels in person in all lighting conditions against SGM since our color is a bit of a chameleon pending lighting conditions. The pictures I'm seeing are only capturing the wheels in what seems to be lower lighting conditions where the car is less of an "eggplant" purple. I'm concerned with the Gunmetal wheels on "eggplant" not meshing well together.

BTW I am also a fan of those M6 reps on the SGM E92. Would look really good with a BBK so I would also consider those.

I really find myself torn now. Hahaha. Thanks for this thread. And thanks for making things more difficult
      02-24-2010, 08:59 PM   #96
supradriver
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 11 328i

Matte Black!

The rest of the pictures can be found here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=supradriver

My new wheels have a flat black face with a gloss black lip and I think its the perfect combo for SG. If flat black doesn't work another option would be to do a gunmetal face with a gloss black lip. I should have some better pics of my new setup up soon.
Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:26 PM   #97
ALUFELGEN
United_States
Rep
Drives: E92 M3

Titaniun Gunmetal. Would look perfect on Sparkling Graphite:

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:27 PM   #98
335R1
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: F30 335i

My g was sgm also. I had chromium black rims with chrome polish lip staggered. Turned heads everywhere.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:28 PM   #99
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiyourlife View Post
I keep coming back to this thread because I am also looking for new wheels for spring. Initially I responded with Silver (which I still think work best) but I've changed my direction a bit after seeing Bill Preston's car on those gunmetal VS8's. I am leaning somewhat towards gunmetal Alufelgen CS7's rather than Silver.

It's really a tough choice because I would like to see the gunmetal wheels in person in all lighting conditions against SGM since our color is a bit of a chameleon pending lighting conditions. The pictures I'm seeing are only capturing the wheels in what seems to be lower lighting conditions where the car is less of an "eggplant" purple. I'm concerned with the Gunmetal wheels on "eggplant" not meshing well together.

BTW I am also a fan of those M6 reps on the SGM E92. Would look really good with a BBK so I would also consider those.

I really find myself torn now. Hahaha. Thanks for this thread. And thanks for making things more difficult
I think the M6 reps looks really nice on a SGM E92. Just not on an E90

And now you have me thinking about gunmetal not working AS SOON as I thought I had finally decided LOL. But I automatically knew I most likely wasn't gonna go silver or all black. Maybe storm gray powdercoated. And eggplant is a very accurate description of the purple, since it is pretty dark.

As I am torn as well. You're welcome All the more reason to think your decision through more thoroughly.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:29 PM   #100
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by supradriver View Post
Matte Black!

The rest of the pictures can be found here:
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ht=supradriver

My new wheels have a flat black face with a gloss black lip and I think its the perfect combo for SG. If flat black doesn't work another option would be to do a gunmetal face with a gloss black lip. I should have some better pics of my new setup up soon.
Again, the E92 advantage. A lot of stuff just looks better in general on those coupes. But I know I don't want matte black. Its still gonna end up being gunmetal, I know it.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 09:40 PM   #101
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by AluFelgen View Post
Titaniun Gunmetal. Would look perfect on Sparkling Graphite:

There you go, Enjoiyourlife your prayers have been answered.

Appreciate 0
      02-24-2010, 11:13 PM   #102
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bavarian III View Post
There you go, Enjoiyourlife your prayers have been answered.
Yeah. Those are gorgeous wheels. I'm going to need to vinyl wrap my window trim to rock those wheels. I really don't want it to be too monochromatic. I need to see these mounted on SGM haha. I've seen them in silver on an SGM E90 and they look so clean and classic but they lack that extra spice I'm looking for. I guess I could be the test dummy for gunmetal CS7s
      02-25-2010, 12:26 AM   #103
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enjoiyourlife View Post
Yeah. Those are gorgeous wheels. I'm going to need to vinyl wrap my window trim to rock those wheels. I really don't want it to be too monochromatic. I need to see these mounted on SGM haha. I've seen them in silver on an SGM E90 and they look so clean and classic but they lack that extra spice I'm looking for. I guess I could be the test dummy for gunmetal CS7s
Nothing wrong with being a test dummy, and he did say they'd look perfect on SGM lol. Monochromatic how? I'd be more than happy to be the gunmetal V710 SGM E90 test dummy. I'm probably going to end up being so, anyway

Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 11:40 AM   #104
mikercp
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Sedan

I didnt read your whole thread but how bout the stock m3 18" wheel color. Its just a gunmetal but looks good on sparkling graphite.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2010, 02:09 PM   #105
Enjoiyourlife
Sensei
Rep

Looks good, Mike.
      02-28-2010, 12:27 AM   #106
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikercp View Post

I didnt read your whole thread but how bout the stock m3 18" wheel color. Its just a gunmetal but looks good on sparkling graphite.
Wanted to stay away from an 18" wheel. That'll be what I use the 162's in winter for

But gunmetal is hitting the nail on the head

Appreciate 0
      02-28-2010, 06:23 AM   #107
Brissie
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135

You don't like this?: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=pakman

I think they are the best looking wheels and colour for your car. Gunmetal 701will be just too plain, IMHO.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 10:48 AM   #108
JuicYYJaYYe90
Washington CAPS FTW!
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 e90 330i

Gunmetal FTW!
BMW 2006 E90 330i . 6 MT . Sparkle Graphite . Black Leather . NAV 2009 w/ Cams . idrive v33 . Sport Package . Logic7 . ZiZa Led Plate Light . M-Force Design Hood Scoops . BMS PBX . MTECH V2 Angel Eyes . ZHP ///M Shift Knob . OEM ///M Carbon Leather Trim
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 02:36 PM   #109
dcorn
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2008 E90 335i

Go find the Linea Corse thread. I think the LC808 and Veneto in silver both look amazing on a SGM car. That's what I'd go with.
Appreciate 0
      03-01-2010, 04:30 PM   #110
Verbiage
Dismembered Member
Jamaica
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw135fan View Post
You don't like this?: http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...ghlight=pakman

I think they are the best looking wheels and colour for your car. Gunmetal 701will be just too plain, IMHO.
Whoa! Those are nice! Real concave!

I'm just not doing black. They look very similar to the V710's, I decided against V701's.

Appreciate 0