E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Question on Sulev Warranty

11-08-2020, 11:17 PM   #1
dlin708
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Bmw 328i

Question on Sulev Warranty

I recently took my newly purchased 08 BMW 328i to a shop and they said my VGC was leaking and needed to be replaced. After taking it to the BMW dealership to replace under Sulev warranty, I'm thinking I should go back to get a full inspection to see what else is wrong. However, after getting the VGC replaced I installed an AA gen2 axle-back exhaust. Will the dealer say no to an inspection, and replacing parts that fall under Sulev warranty? Everything else is stock other than the exhaust and a drop in k&n filter.

Help out a Bmw owner!
Appreciate 0
      11-09-2020, 09:22 AM   #2
CTinline-six
Hoonigan
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 328i, '98 Wrangler

Garage List
I doubt adding an axle-back exhaust would interfere with the SULEV warranty, which covers components specific to the emissions engine (N51). If you were to mess with it by tuning, it might be a different story.
Appreciate 0