E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Anyone running the cheap ebay 17T or 19T turbos?

04-11-2021, 10:36 PM   #23
Luis561
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i e90

Anybody try these?

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-TD04.../dp/B07JJZ9MBQ
They have the most reviews
Appreciate 0
      04-12-2021, 05:53 AM   #24
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2007 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luis561 View Post
Anybody try these?

https://www.amazon.com/Upgraded-TD04.../dp/B07JJZ9MBQ
They have the most reviews
Those are the "most reliable" ones that people seem to have found. VIV is the seller...and the 17t's seem to be lasting longer than the 19t's.....

At least with Amazon they will probably have a decent warranty.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:35 PM   #25
YOURDY
Chasing Dreams With RWD
Australia
Rep
Drives: 07 e90 335i RHD N54

Garage List
i Just posted this in the dyno chart section, although it applies here so anyone feel free to ask questions.

Got my car on the dyno today guys! Running chinese 17t turbos on E40 (50% e85 50% 98RON Since im here in australia) Currently running out of fuel on the stock HPFP(hitting 800-700psi rail pressure at low rpm if i do a say 60kmh pull in 3rd but once it hits higher rpm its fine)

Walked in there on my v3 (Base map just with slight timing change and 17-19psi) and made the 365rwkw we will call it. Then i had a map ready my tuner sent me and we ran it back to back, once with the fan off after it was hot (I forgot to turn it on) and it made 385rwkw with 777nm torque so i asked for another run and turned the fan on this time and it made currently 393RWKW and 800NM of Torque @23psi redline thats over 530-550whp and around 590 Ft Pounds of torque. Please keep in mind this is with australian dynos, i dont know if its a myth or a saying but ive seen a few cars that leave australia for drag week get dyno'd over in america and they pick up 10-20% more power, i think its based on the dyno settings?

I have replaced the 17t CHRA with a new one that came with the turbos, old ones were scraping the housings etc so these new ones are perfect now since the old ones did all the "Additional" shaving that was required HAHA. Right now i dont have enough fuel on e40, im looking into spool performance helix overdrive x3 or x4 but after spending almost 14k AUD on the car to get it where it is now and purchasing it for about 10k AUD im strapped for cash. Once the helix overdrive goes in, she will be 430-450rwkw minimum and keep pushing on stock motor (i have a second walbro 460LPH) ready to go in also and maybe we might hit even higher than 470rwkw. Im currently planning to have this car be the fastest e90 335i RHD Msport on Chinese 17t's on a stock motor, im currently on index 9's and Bosch coils also. No LSD either or coilovers. Any companies or friends of friends who want to reach out and give me some good deals or help out is more than welcome. Car currently is becoming something that has gotten out of hand from my project ideas since i bought it December 22nd and everything i have done to it has been since then.

Mods are as follows -
17T Turbos with billets wheels 2" inlets, hi flowed housings to fit supposed td04 wheels. Turbos have been sandblasted and hi temp coated and balanced
Genuine BMW Turbo Install kit from FCP EURO
VTT 2" Aluminium Hi Temp Coated Turbo outlets for RHD
VRSF 2" Silicone Turbo inlets
VRSF 7" race intercooler
VRSF Charge pipe
New Oil Pressure Switch
New Vanos Solenoids
New Camshaft Sensor
3.5 Bar N20 Map Sensor
NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs gapped
VRSF 3" Catless Downpipes
Genuine Walbro 460LPH F90000274 Fuel Pump
Billet PCV Valve and Billet PCV Cover
Billet Water Hose Fitting
No Blow off valve or diverter valves since im in australia we love the sutututu or the dose as we call it
K&N Dual Cone Intakes
Upgrades complete tensioner kit and new belt
Brand new boost solenoids
4x new O2 Sensors
Oil pan gasket kit and bolts
New water coolant hoses.
Valve cover gasket kit and bolts
OFHG kit and bolts
Thermostat gasket kit and bolts
BMS Baffled Catch Can
Brand new engine mounts
Transmission fluid and filter and pan service
Brand new silicone boost lines
xHP Stage 3 Flash with a few custom options dialed in
Tuned by Tim Murray here in Australia

Thanks for looking! Any comments and tips greatly appreciated .

youtube link to video i dont know to to embed it

Last edited by YOURDY; 04-15-2021 at 02:41 PM..
Appreciate 1
TiAgAu148.50
      04-15-2021, 02:37 PM   #26
YOURDY
Chasing Dreams With RWD
Australia
Rep

Garage List
And additional information, Mine are VIV 17t's, old chras did 6500kms new ones have done 1000kms and pushing them harder than anything. Plans will be Australian Dyno 450rwkw
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:40 PM   #27
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

They only lasted 6,500kms before you needed to replace to chras?? That's horrible......so much for them being reliable.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 02:42 PM   #28
YOURDY
Chasing Dreams With RWD
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by iqraceworks View Post
They only lasted 6,500kms before you needed to replace to chras?? That's horrible......so much for them being reliable.
No, i bought them off someone who said they had done 6500kms. I replaced the CHRA's and thrust bearings with brand new billet wheels and chras because i dont know what someone else has done, how hard they have thrashed it etc. So for my own sanity when i bought some "facebook VIV SEcond hand 17t turbos" i bought brand new CHRA's

edit - The reason i replaced the CHRAS's is because in australia these cars and the mods are super expensive, im not going to pay someone almost $2000 (3 weeks average wage maybe?) to replace my rattling stock turbos for some turbos i have no idea what theyve been through. Also came to find out the previous owner had CUT the old Wastegate rods or something? to shorten them, i think i have a picture somewhere, my mechanic was surprised to say the least.
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 03:16 PM   #29
iqraceworks
Brigadier General
Rep

Ah..ok, that makes sense. Thanks! That setup looks like it's making good numbers..... hopefully I will be upgrading to a set of VIV 17t's soon. Do you know if they come with better parts in them now....or is it still a good idea to rebuild them with turbo lab parts?
Appreciate 0
      04-15-2021, 05:24 PM   #30
TiAgAu
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E92 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by YOURDY View Post
i Just posted this in the dyno chart section, although it applies here so anyone feel free to ask questions.

Got my car on the dyno today guys! Running chinese 17t turbos on E40 (50% e85 50% 98RON Since im here in australia) Currently running out of fuel on the stock HPFP(hitting 800-700psi rail pressure at low rpm if i do a say 60kmh pull in 3rd but once it hits higher rpm its fine)

Walked in there on my v3 (Base map just with slight timing change and 17-19psi) and made the 365rwkw we will call it. Then i had a map ready my tuner sent me and we ran it back to back, once with the fan off after it was hot (I forgot to turn it on) and it made 385rwkw with 777nm torque so i asked for another run and turned the fan on this time and it made currently 393RWKW and 800NM of Torque @23psi redline thats over 530-550whp and around 590 Ft Pounds of torque. Please keep in mind this is with australian dynos, i dont know if its a myth or a saying but ive seen a few cars that leave australia for drag week get dyno'd over in america and they pick up 10-20% more power, i think its based on the dyno settings?

I have replaced the 17t CHRA with a new one that came with the turbos, old ones were scraping the housings etc so these new ones are perfect now since the old ones did all the "Additional" shaving that was required HAHA. Right now i dont have enough fuel on e40, im looking into spool performance helix overdrive x3 or x4 but after spending almost 14k AUD on the car to get it where it is now and purchasing it for about 10k AUD im strapped for cash. Once the helix overdrive goes in, she will be 430-450rwkw minimum and keep pushing on stock motor (i have a second walbro 460LPH) ready to go in also and maybe we might hit even higher than 470rwkw. Im currently planning to have this car be the fastest e90 335i RHD Msport on Chinese 17t's on a stock motor, im currently on index 9's and Bosch coils also. No LSD either or coilovers. Any companies or friends of friends who want to reach out and give me some good deals or help out is more than welcome. Car currently is becoming something that has gotten out of hand from my project ideas since i bought it December 22nd and everything i have done to it has been since then.

Mods are as follows -
17T Turbos with billets wheels 2" inlets, hi flowed housings to fit supposed td04 wheels. Turbos have been sandblasted and hi temp coated and balanced
Genuine BMW Turbo Install kit from FCP EURO
VTT 2" Aluminium Hi Temp Coated Turbo outlets for RHD
VRSF 2" Silicone Turbo inlets
VRSF 7" race intercooler
VRSF Charge pipe
New Oil Pressure Switch
New Vanos Solenoids
New Camshaft Sensor
3.5 Bar N20 Map Sensor
NGK 2 Step Colder Plugs gapped
VRSF 3" Catless Downpipes
Genuine Walbro 460LPH F90000274 Fuel Pump
Billet PCV Valve and Billet PCV Cover
Billet Water Hose Fitting
No Blow off valve or diverter valves since im in australia we love the sutututu or the dose as we call it
K&N Dual Cone Intakes
Upgrades complete tensioner kit and new belt
Brand new boost solenoids
4x new O2 Sensors
Oil pan gasket kit and bolts
New water coolant hoses.
Valve cover gasket kit and bolts
OFHG kit and bolts
Thermostat gasket kit and bolts
BMS Baffled Catch Can
Brand new engine mounts
Transmission fluid and filter and pan service
Brand new silicone boost lines
xHP Stage 3 Flash with a few custom options dialed in
Tuned by Tim Murray here in Australia

Thanks for looking! Any comments and tips greatly appreciated .
Props mate! Its come along way in just 4 months Should post up YOURDY in the Australia subforum. Will be good see the progress.
Appreciate 0
      04-18-2021, 12:54 PM   #31
YOURDY
Chasing Dreams With RWD
Australia
Rep

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by GovernUrMental View Post
Props mate! Its come along way in just 4 months Should post up YOURDY in the Australia subforum. Will be good see the progress.
Thanks brother! ill get around this week and do a full write up of the build. I just uploaded like 40-50 pictures of the build progress so thats step one.

right now i just need an LSD, Helix x3 overdrive and a second LPFP and i think ill have 450rwkw and like 600whp lol. Might have to start thinking of some coilovers and semi slicks or something soon. its just totally got out of hand atm
Appreciate 1
TiAgAu148.50