E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Potential e93 purchase with questions

04-18-2021, 09:53 PM   #1
isosunrise
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 335xi

Potential e93 purchase with questions

Not new to the e92 at all! Had myself a coupe maybe years ago (335 awd) with not a single problem. I also sold it at 73k but still never a problem.

Fast forward I'm looking at a 2011 e93 (335) in white with red interior. Being sold by a BMW dealership in my area. Of course the cars being sold as-is due to its age and miles.. currently has 72k on it.

One accident from previous owner.

Right now the dealer is doing the valve cover gasket, oil filter housing gasket and I assume the oil cooler gasket since it's right next to it.

I have an 11 x5 (35i) which from my understanding is the same engine. I have had nothing but bad luck. $3000 in bad luck since ownership less then a year ago. Bought the car as a winter truck since my daily was not awd (in the north east). Anyway I spent the money on repairs mentioned above plus coolant tank, flushes of coolant, radiator hoses, and an expensive hose that goes from thermostat to the head (I forget the technical name however, I was old it's super uncommon to happen). All work done at an Indy (auto couture in NJ) and they were very nice expect, on my wallet.

My concern is that this 335 will have the same issues.. the major ones are done. Last thing I'm aware of is the oil pan gasket that's hit or miss and sometimes doesn't fail.

What else should I look out for?

Anyone know of a fair price I should pay?

Thanks in advance!
Appreciate 0