E90Post

Studio RSR

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > M-Sport manual seat with electric bolster, cant you just feed it 12v?!

10-11-2011, 03:48 PM   #1
yoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyoyy
Enlisted Member
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90

M-Sport manual seat with electric bolster, cant you just feed it 12v?!

Apologies if im in the wrong forum!

My old folks have just got a 1M - I would absolutley die to have an M-Sport interior which is the nearest thing to 1M seats which are excellent....

I have searched and found relevent info on people trying to get heating, or fully electric seats working after swopping out manual seats....

But for the sake of the electric side bolsters - is it not possible to supply a 12v fused supply to a pin on the seat somewhere than enables an adjustment to be made - you could then disconnect the 12v once set?!??!? Odd I know, but saves fiddling with wiring and recoding!

Thanks
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2011, 04:00 PM   #2
fdriller9
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: '06 AW 330xi

Garage List
2006 330xi  [6.44]
If the seat operates on 12v, I don't see why not. But what happens when the engine is on? And the alternator is supplying power?

It can get up to 14.8v.

I know you said you wanted to set it and forget it but if the seat does indeed operate on 12v and you can regulate that signal with 7805 voltage regulator, you can keep it connected with a Bosch relay and trigger it by a switched source, such as the cog lighter. You can use a fuse tap and just grab power from the fuse panel.
Appreciate 0