E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Technical Forum > Help with fixing ashtray and armrest.

03-07-2015, 12:03 PM   #1
Mr335i
Rep
Drives: 335i

Help with fixing ashtray and armrest.

Afternoon gents!

I recently became the proud owner of a E92 335i as soon as the weather gets a little better I will give it a good detail and post some pics!

I was hoping you guys would be able to advise me on two minor problems I have, Firstly the rear ashtray closes but will not remain closed it just opens up again.

[IMG][/IMG]

After removing said ashtray I can't see what part of it is supposed to keep it closed so any advice on how that side of it works and how to fix it would be greatly appreciated, here is a picture of the mechanism.

[IMG][/IMG]

And the second problem I have is the latch on the armrest is sticking as if there is a problem with the return spring, to get the latch to lock the lid closed I have to slam it closed, I can't see how you get inside the lid to view the return spring I did have a quick look at the back to see if I could remove the entire lid but my hinge design seems somewhat different to those I have seen on google images, there are rubber grommets I assumed there would be screws underneath them but after removing one I couldn't see a screw.

[IMG][/IMG]

For reference, if you think I need to remove the lid to fix the latch here is my hinge type.

[IMG][/IMG]

Thankyou all in advance for your time.

David.
Appreciate 0
      03-09-2015, 11:10 AM   #2
Mr335i
Rep
Drives: 335i

Well I figured out the ashtray, there's a small triangle of plastic that's broken I found a way to fix this.

If anyone knows how the armrest comes apart let me know =)
Appreciate 0