E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Crankshaft Sensor 320I N43 Engine problem? Need help before i take my car to the deal

01-17-2024, 11:35 PM   #1
SilencedRevenge
Registered
Rep
Drives: Bmw E90 320i

Question Crankshaft Sensor 320I N43 Engine problem? Need help before i take my car to the deal

Hey guys, recently bought a bmw e90 320i with a n43 engine and ever from the beginning it's been a nightmare. Fixed everything from oil leaks to new injectors and new timing chain.

Thing is now that the engine doesn't start, it cranks but has no start. My suspicion is that it's the crankshaft position sensor but I have no idea, has this problem ever occurred with other people? I also pulled out the old crankshaft sensor and boy was it contaminated with oil, that came from the oil leak that was from the oil filter housing gasket, don't know if that could be the problem though, it's rather weird though.

The symptoms of my car are the following:
No start long crank with sometimes it sputtering to 900 rpm before dying down instantly
When it still ran it had the old injectors in and it died on me several times on the road
Lack of power
When accelerating by pressing gas down hard it stuttered and had issues picking up speed
Extreme trembles felt in the whole car
Extreme misfires

Hope somebody has the wits to tell me whatsup with the car, would be a bummer to have to scrap it! Thanks guys, new here too so it's nice to be in a forum with hopefully some extremely helpfull people!
Appreciate 0