E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > Anyone recognise these springs

11-27-2018, 10:41 AM   #1
ceejayjay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e91 335i

Anyone recognise these springs

Bought a E91 335i a few months ago. It had at some point been fitted with Birds kit including springs, however it did appear that the car was sitting on the low side. I contacted birds who gave me the expected height and the car was sitting 10-15mm lower at the front but equal on both sides.

I bought new birds springs and the ride height went back to the Birds ride height (340mm from wheel centre to wing lip).
These are the springs that came off which don't look bad at all, and simply set the car 10-15mm lower than the Birds setup.

There are no snapped coils or cut marks etc etc

These are the only markings that are on the springs

and this was how the car looked

Just wondering if they are off any use to anyone. As I say I bought new Birds springs anyway and am now happy with the ride height.
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 12:47 AM   #2
rasa bmw
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 640d sport/f31 330d x drive

might be original,,mine looked very low at the front(standard),,,since ive changed to new springs(standard) height has raised a little,,i had a snapped spring so changed(suplex)
Appreciate 0
      11-28-2018, 03:53 AM   #3
ceejayjay
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: e91 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by rasa bmw View Post
might be original,,mine looked very low at the front(standard),,,since ive changed to new springs(standard) height has raised a little,,i had a snapped spring so changed(suplex)
I did wonder if the number was part of a bmw part number but couldn't track it down with realOem or the likes as its not a full number.
Appreciate 0