E90Post
 


European Auto Source (EAS)
 
BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BIMMERPOST Universal Forums > General Automotive (non-BMW) Talk + Photos/Videos > thinking trade in my 335 e90 for a used 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena



Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      07-08-2007, 02:52 AM   #67
spacedogg
Colonel
spacedogg's Avatar
Canada
119
Rep
2,816
Posts

Drives: Debadged
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
my friend got a Ferrari 355 spyder. He is paying over 1 million dollars insurance for it. i think his was over 4000 dollars insurance preuim per year.
wait...are you talking about 1 million dollars for third party liability insurance?

do you guys in the states drive around with only 1 million dollars liability coverage? seriously? are you kidding me?
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 02:57 AM   #68
wj4
Major General
United_States
232
Rep
7,719
Posts

Drives: E90 manual 335i
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Burbank, CA

iTrader: (8)

Send a message via AIM to wj4
Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
with the OP's spelling and grammar I'm surprised he can even afford a BMW

even if it is a tax "ride" off

I really hope he was not born in this country, if he's only been here 3-4 years that's a pretty good level of english.
LOL I didn't want to be the mean one and brought that up. Hopefully this doesn't cause a language barrier between himself and his clients.

I hope the OP the best in his business and life, but he needs to take the L and just stop posting from this thread.

Quote:
NO ONE want to do business with you, if you are driving Domestic car or average joe's car.
I don't know, I know some successful realtors driving Z06's, Vipers, and Ford GT's. Those are all domestic cars.

And talk about average joe's car...you drive a 3 series! As common as a Honda Civic.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 02:59 AM   #69
spacedogg
Colonel
spacedogg's Avatar
Canada
119
Rep
2,816
Posts

Drives: Debadged
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Vancouver, BC

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by wj4 View Post
And talk about average joe's car...you drive a 3 series! As common as a Honda Civic.
+1

I was just going to say...
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 03:10 AM   #70
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by spacedogg View Post
wait...are you talking about 1 million dollars for third party liability insurance?

do you guys in the states drive around with only 1 million dollars liability coverage? seriously? are you kidding me?
that is what his sister told me
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 03:11 AM   #71
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
This is getting rediculous.

So to the OP, are you gonna go out and blow 100k or what?! I want to see what your going to go buy. Like a stated earlier, You should look at a 9997 Carrera 4S. My father just ordered one and its just in the price range your looking for. Plus, its a new car, comes with a warentee (sp), and is a lot more practical than a ferrari.
i will look n research into it.. thank you
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 04:49 AM   #72
010101
Lieutenant
18
Rep
423
Posts

Drives: still deciding what to order
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
As privately stock investor and Realty Estate Business. Both of them allow me to have a tax ride off. All i need to do is save reciept from restaurant, Gas, telephone, car, and other expense that i cant think on top of my head right now... By the way, Im 33 years old graduated from University Southern California with Computer Science ( BS) and Business Management(MBA). Im pretty sure i know how to manage my money. Im not stupid enough to blow my money away.. ANyways


Then maybe you should stop standing on your head and learn to be a more articulate "rider." In all of those years of college you apparently attended did you ever take any classes that required you to use the English language in an effective way? Even if you didn't have one class that required you to read or write in English wouldn't you still know that your school was called University of Southern California? I can't help but think you must be some kid posting bogus questions. Even without the poor grammar and spelling this is a pretty strange topic.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 05:12 AM   #73
Chris.G
Banned
Chris.G's Avatar
Australia
79
Rep
3,120
Posts

Drives: 2011 LCI MSPORT X5 30d
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: Sydney, Australia

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ward View Post
maybe you should look at an aston martin?

those would be more fitting for a super bond family


if you get the Aston Martin Rapide, you could fit your whole super bond family since it's a 4 door
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 11:11 AM   #74
herbz
hi
United_States
62
Rep
838
Posts

Drives: '86 325e
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: outside boston MA

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Im sick and tired of my e90 335i.. man too much crap happen to the car.. im thinking trade my car 335i for a 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena? i need a feedback.
This 2000 Ferrari 360 Modena is about 100K
if you're mad about reliability issues on a BMW, the ferrari will probably be a nightmare for you.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 12:24 PM   #75
Str8EJ
Master of Ceremonies
1
Rep
111
Posts

Drives: '07 328xi Jet Blk/Blk/6Spd
Join Date: Mar 2007
Location: NoVirginia

iTrader: (0)

hey, i didn't scrutinize every post, but ran some quick numbers when you mentioned what the payments were going to be.
@ 1,200/mo., you're looking at paying 14,400/yr.
@ 14,400/yr., you're looking at a (approx.) 7 yr. term w/o interest.
w/ interest, you'll be making payments for the next ten years.

i didn't calculate sales tax or down payment, cause...well, i guess the numbers already confirm this is about as stupid as anything i've read on this forum...may be any forum.

fyi - if i were considering your options and money wasn't an issue, this is the last place i'd be looking for advice.
whatever, regardless of what you end up buying to distance yourself from the woes of owning an e90, let's see some pics of the new ride once you get it home.
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 12:46 PM   #76
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
139
Rep
10,455
Posts

Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

I've just glanced through some of LACA335i's previous posts, especially the ones he made in Matt's truck thread, and I'm asking this question with sincerity, but LACA335i, I assume you've been living in the US for at least 25 years (judging by what you said about your parents living in Alhambra for 25 years), how is it possible that you write the way you do? All your posts read like a newcomer that's been living in the US for < 1 year. I find it hard to believe , please enlighten me.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:01 PM   #77
Tobizach
Female Car Enthusiast
Tobizach's Avatar
United_States
4
Rep
353
Posts

Drives: By the seat of her pants.
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: SouthWest

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACZakka325i View Post
This is getting rediculous.
I agree but hey its sunday so...


Quote:
Originally Posted by 010101 View Post
I can't help but think you must be some kid posting bogus questions. Even without the poor grammar and spelling this is a pretty strange topic.
Fake internet rich guy all the way, someone with a BA and an MBA from USC would not have such a poor grasp of the english language (lol its was hard enough for me )

Luv the job titles "privately stock investor " and a "Realty Estate Business"

He wants trade in advice from strangers on a bmw board regarding a ferrari 360?? LOL when I pick up my M3 I dont think i'll be asking anyone about lic or doc fees, i'll just go ahead and do it myself

355 spyder insurance? 1 million smackers??


Yup canucklion He said his parents lived for the past 25 years in Alhambra I have friends and relatives who still live in china and japan that can speak and write english better than this guy.
There were two guys just like this on a Z board recently a faux AMG'er and Lambo owner who got banished for their so so easy to spot BS. One thing is different from this one tho, he sure didnt do his homework 1st.

Forgive me if I seem hostile,just bored at the moment, Im not really a bitch all the time
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:21 PM   #78
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
I've just glanced through some of LACA335i's previous posts, especially the ones he made in Matt's truck thread, and I'm asking this question with sincerity, but LACA335i, I assume you've been living in the US for at least 25 years (judging by what you said about your parents living in Alhambra for 25 years), how is it possible that you write the way you do? All your posts read like a newcomer that's been living in the US for < 1 year. I find it hard to believe , please enlighten me.
Dude yes i do have grammar problem. I was not majoring in English. Anyways Why do you guys keep flaming .. This Blog thing is not an english class. Come on. All i want opinion on 360 .. . If you dont have anyways to say or comment about the 360 , just dont comment at all.. im getting sick of people flaming for my grammar issue. who give a fuck about it right? This message for people who have issue with my grammar. If you do have issue about it, you can ignore it.. thank you
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:33 PM   #79
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tobizach View Post
I agree but hey its sunday so...




Fake internet rich guy all the way, someone with a BA and an MBA from USC would not have such a poor grasp of the english language (lol its was hard enough for me )

Luv the job titles "privately stock investor " and a "Realty Estate Business"

He wants trade in advice from strangers on a bmw board regarding a ferrari 360?? LOL when I pick up my M3 I dont think i'll be asking anyone about lic or doc fees, i'll just go ahead and do it myself

355 spyder insurance? 1 million smackers??


Yup canucklion He said his parents lived for the past 25 years in Alhambra I have friends and relatives who still live in china and japan that can speak and write english better than this guy.
There were two guys just like this on a Z board recently a faux AMG'er and Lambo owner who got banished for their so so easy to spot BS. One thing is different from this one tho, he sure didnt do his homework 1st.

Forgive me if I seem hostile,just bored at the moment, Im not really a bitch all the time

dude what is ur problem with me.. i said his sister told me that he insurance his car for 1 million dollars? is it very hard to understand. Rgarding to your friend from china and japan, they can speak or read english more power to them.. Im pretty sure alot of people from China and Jap or korean want to study english cause they want to come here to make money.. What wrong with staying with your old folks. My folks about 60 + . they dont have much time to live... Beside asian family do stick together...

Congrad upon getting your M3. Yes M3 is about 15 to 20 K more than 335i or any of the 3 series and some 5 series car. Wat wrong being a conversative person? Im very conversative when come to getting any big ticket item. Oh by the way, did you purchase your M3 or lease it? second who make the purchase? If you have rich family, i guess they can get you m3 .. Im sorry my folks did not raised me with tons of money to spend. 3rd how old are you ?

Having MBA does not mean your english grammar is have to be good.. All you need to do hire someone to correct your grammar or having someone really good with english or english major.. Do you think President of United States can give a speech to the public without a ghost write involve? come on.. anyways this is getting out of hand..
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:37 PM   #80
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Str8EJ View Post
hey, i didn't scrutinize every post, but ran some quick numbers when you mentioned what the payments were going to be.
@ 1,200/mo., you're looking at paying 14,400/yr.
@ 14,400/yr., you're looking at a (approx.) 7 yr. term w/o interest.
w/ interest, you'll be making payments for the next ten years.

i didn't calculate sales tax or down payment, cause...well, i guess the numbers already confirm this is about as stupid as anything i've read on this forum...may be any forum.

fyi - if i were considering your options and money wasn't an issue, this is the last place i'd be looking for advice.
whatever, regardless of what you end up buying to distance yourself from the woes of owning an e90, let's see some pics of the new ride once you get it home.

I got the figure 1200 per month from this saleman from the dealership over the phone.. The figure that i wrote was just a ball park number.. As you know, those guys always give fake number over the phone. they lies and cheat to get you to come over. Dude you guys are so harsh.. all i want to do is to compare the pro and con before i make any decision.
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #81
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by herbz View Post
if you're mad about reliability issues on a BMW, the ferrari will probably be a nightmare for you.
You probably right about that one.. that is why i just want to compare pro and con. IT would be nice to drive around to show your client around with style. But it is a nighmare to get part and try to fix that car by yourself
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:38 PM   #82
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
139
Rep
10,455
Posts

Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

I have no issue with it, I'm just surprised that you've had 25+ years of English-speaking/writing experience. You don't need to be an English major to speak/write properly, it's part of daily living. Like I said, I was just curious, if you took my inquiry as an attack, it wasn't meant to be one.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Dude yes i do have grammar problem. I was not majoring in English. Anyways Why do you guys keep flaming .. This Blog thing is not an english class. Come on. All i want opinion on 360 .. . If you dont have anyways to say or comment about the 360 , just dont comment at all.. im getting sick of people flaming for my grammar issue. who give a fuck about it right? This message for people who have issue with my grammar. If you do have issue about it, you can ignore it.. thank you
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:40 PM   #83
LACA335i
Lieutenant Colonel
LACA335i's Avatar
United_States
103
Rep
1,517
Posts

Drives: E92 335i coupe Black AUTO
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Alhambra, CA

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
2007 335I SEDAN  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by uhaulball View Post
laca just get a 997 turbo or 997 gt3. those cars are sexy and pretty exotic already..
i will check it out.. thanks for the information...
__________________
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 01:47 PM   #84
canucklion
pull my finger to get your kinder® surprise
canucklion's Avatar
Canada
139
Rep
10,455
Posts

Drives: circles around you
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: Toronto, Canada

iTrader: (9)

Read her post, she lost her parents when she was younger.

I don't know about you, but I for one would be terribly embarrassed if someone who has lived in Canada for far less time than I spoke perfect English while I don't, I would take that as a sign to improve my reading/writing skills. I'm sure you'll get tonnes more business when you can converse with your business acquaintances in fluent English.

This will be my last comment on your English, live you life as you see fit, if you can afford the 360, go for it.

btw, you've just contradicted your prior statement, you said earlier that 'remember Chinese people have money", but now you're saying now that "my folks did not raised me with tons of money to spend".
Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
dude what is ur problem with me.. i said his sister told me that he insurance his car for 1 million dollars? is it very hard to understand. Rgarding to your friend from china and japan, they can speak or read english more power to them.. Im pretty sure alot of people from China and Jap or korean want to study english cause they want to come here to make money.. What wrong with staying with your old folks. My folks about 60 + . they dont have much time to live... Beside asian family do stick together...

Congrad upon getting your M3. Yes M3 is about 15 to 20 K more than 335i or any of the 3 series and some 5 series car. Wat wrong being a conversative person? Im very conversative when come to getting any big ticket item. Oh by the way, did you purchase your M3 or lease it? second who make the purchase? If you have rich family, i guess they can get you m3 .. Im sorry my folks did not raised me with tons of money to spend. 3rd how old are you ?

Having MBA does not mean your english grammar is have to be good.. All you need to do hire someone to correct your grammar or having someone really good with english or english major.. Do you think President of United States can give a speech to the public without a ghost write involve? come on.. anyways this is getting out of hand..
__________________

Last edited by canucklion; 07-08-2007 at 02:36 PM..
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 02:08 PM   #85
ward
Major General
109
Rep
6,162
Posts

Drives: F
Join Date: May 2005
Location: T

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by canucklion View Post
I have no issue with it, I'm just surprised that you've had 25+ years of English-speaking/writing experience. You don't need to be an English major to speak/write properly, it's part of daily living. Like I said, I was just curious, if you took my inquiry as an attack, it wasn't meant to be one.
I think the school that gave him an MBA should have it's accreditation revoked
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 02:11 PM   #86
nimamilani
ni2009
12
Rep
288
Posts

Drives: BMW 325I
Join Date: Aug 2006
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

no one is really flaming you for your english. people are flaming you for being basically an "asshole" and lying your ass off about your "properties".
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 04:17 PM   #87
010101
Lieutenant
18
Rep
423
Posts

Drives: still deciding what to order
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: los angeles

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Dude yes i do have grammar problem. I was not majoring in English. Anyways Why do you guys keep flaming .. This Blog thing is not an english class. Come on. All i want opinion on 360 .. . If you dont have anyways to say or comment about the 360 , just dont comment at all.. im getting sick of people flaming for my grammar issue. who give a fuck about it right? This message for people who have issue with my grammar. If you do have issue about it, you can ignore it..
Your grammar sucks
Appreciate 0
      07-08-2007, 04:42 PM   #88
vase330
Colonel
vase330's Avatar
United_States
84
Rep
2,761
Posts

Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Arlington, Va

iTrader: (1)

Thumbs down Damn, where did race come from? Probably no one even realized you were chinese dude

Quote:
Originally Posted by LACA335i View Post
Dude i said im thinking about trading my car.. I never said i got 360. For your INformation, i already ask the dealer that have 360 .. They told me it will come out about 1200 per month.. I can always use it as a tax ride off cause i m stock investor and realty estate... anyways it is not my point. i just want weight the pro n con on the 360.. i did rent ferrari F355 in the past for my brother wedding. it was only 500 dollars per day. plus 1M insurance. lol Also for your information, chinese people have money .. remember that.!!! Right now. im paying 750 / month dollars and total 51K with interest to purchase.. 750 to 1200 is not far to reach .. price range...
I mean, we are talking about if it makes sense or not. Don't take it a slight on you or chinese people because I am sure no one even thought about what race you were to respond to your post, and probably no one even realized you were chinese. Its all in your head. A figment of your imagination maybe? Also, the guy who said you are lying and you don't have the money probably does not know you, and he himself has no money so he assumes you don't have it either. This crap is common behavior, people projecting their ideas or situations on others. Relax dude, and get the Ferari if thats what floats your boat. Don't have to ask on here for people's approaval, in the end the only person who matters is you, and you will have to deal with the implications of your decision alone. So do what pleases you, and be happy.
__________________
E92 335 | Space Gray | Saddle Brown Dakota | Dark Burl Trim | ZPP | ZSP | AT | Idrive | 6FL | FBO | Dinan CAI | Quaife LSD | STG3 PROCede.
Appreciate 0
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 02:32 PM.




e90post
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST