E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > USA - Southeast > New to North Carolina - Tint?

09-20-2019, 06:47 PM   #1
bhmax16
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '22 M4, '23 CX-50

New to North Carolina - Tint?

Hey guys,

I'm new to North Carolina as of a year ago (from Connecticut) and finally have to take my e92 for its first safety and emissions inspection in this state. I have 35 percent tint applied but when last metered back in Massachusetts the windows metered at about 29 percent. I've read on the DMV site that as low as 33 percent will pass but no lower than that. At 29 percent am I likely to have issues?

Any of you know of a tint friendly shop in Mecklenburg or Union County? I see plenty of vehicles with tint much darker constantly and wonder how they pass because I keep reading that this state is really strict about it.

Any recommendations would be appreciated. Please PM if you can recommend a shop. I do not want their names posted on a public forum. Thank you!
Appreciate 0
      10-04-2019, 09:47 PM   #2
p1zaul
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: e93 black sapphire metallic

PM you