E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > ***NOW HAPPILY RESOLVED*** My awful experience at Sytner Harold Wood - please help!

06-10-2009, 05:49 PM   #23
dxb335d
The Tarmac Terrorist
England
Rep
Drives: 997.2 GT3

Garage List
Must be heart breaking to have anew car play up like this.
      06-10-2009, 06:12 PM   #24
flyfs6
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW i7

Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the car and your dealings with Harold Wood.

We're due to collect our new car from them weekend/next week. The way they deal with things sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. I would advise to involve Paul Fruen - who is the dealer principal for Sytner London/Harold Wood.

I'm local to yourself also. Will let them know you're unhappy in case they dont realise. PM me with your details & contact number if you prefer & I'll do what I can to help.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 07:05 AM   #25
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F80 M3 ZCP / R56 JCW

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyfs6 View Post
Sorry to hear about your misfortune with the car and your dealings with Harold Wood.

We're due to collect our new car from them weekend/next week. The way they deal with things sometimes leaves a lot to be desired. I would advise to involve Paul Fruen - who is the dealer principal for Sytner London/Harold Wood.

I'm local to yourself also. Will let them know you're unhappy in case they dont realise. PM me with your details & contact number if you prefer & I'll do what I can to help.
Congrats on your new car, hope it all goes well for you. to be fair, the sales department it spot on, however its the service department there that is very poor.
      06-11-2009, 07:57 AM   #26
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
This is a terrible story - sorry to hear of all your issues. I would be tempted to "pin them down" a bit more and ask them specifically what they are going to do to fix things and how long will it take. If they fail to fix things when they said they would, make them admit they have failed, and point this out to BMW UK. There seems to be 2 different issues here - the first being that the car has faults, and the second is that the dealer service department is useless. I think its up to BMW UK to sort out the quality of service being provided by the dealer. Good luck.
      06-11-2009, 08:00 AM   #27
quattrogmbh
Captain
Rep
Drives: BMW

If the vehicle is financed, speak to your finance company about "fitness for purpose". The car is owned by them and they should be helping you resolve issues with the supplying dealer.

I did this with BMW Financial Services and they organised a replacement vehicle.

Good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 08:36 AM   #28
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

this is shocking I use Sytner Sunningdale and have always had great service from them, I would go straight to head office and just as suggest quote sale of good act.
      06-11-2009, 08:48 AM   #29
Steve748
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Corvette & Jeep Commander

Try the legal brief at the CAB, it's free advice and most solicitors will give 30mins free advice as well.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 10:27 AM   #30
mistry
Captain
Rep
Drives: F11 530D

sorry to hear this, hope you get it sorted.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 12:11 PM   #31
acerboo
Brigadier General
England
Rep
Drives: e92 335d lci

set light to it on their forecourt that will solve the problem!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 01:39 PM   #32
PeteJ
Diesel Head
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 320d M Sport Convertible E93

I had a very similar experience with Eastern BMW in Edinburgh. Car had gone in for work and came out with cig burns in the carpet, several extra miles on the clock and ringed alloys.

Kicked up to BMW CS who did next to nothing, contacted the dealer on a daily basis and they refused to do anything. In the end I did a website ( http://www.eastern-bmw.com/ ) which got there attention quite quickly.

They got there lawyers to send letters (on the site) however in the end we sold the car and just tell everyone that is thinking of using them not to.

Hopefully they will go to the wall!!

Hope things work out, I know how you are feeling!!
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:04 PM   #33
Swiller
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 330i

Legal advice is the way forward and bill em.
Dont get angry, get professional. Cowboys like these will throw you a line and in good faith you believe it. If they offer to repair it one more time, i would accept, take photos of the car, wheels, mileage etc and see how it comes back. Get documentation on what it is going in for and the expectations on what the dealer is going to fix prior to repairs. And if not fixed, their commitment, in writing, to the next steps with timescales to provide you with what you thought you were buying. All addressed to your solicitor.
The clout of a solicitors letter explaining the above intentions should get em shifting, and cc in all the head offices as many have suggested.
So many cnuts these days trying to fob you off with x,y and z.
Difficult not to lose your temper in these situations, but a calm legal approach is the only way forward.
Good luck mate, i feel for ya.
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:25 PM   #34
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swiller View Post
Legal advice is the way forward and bill em.
Dont get angry, get professional. Cowboys like these will throw you a line and in good faith you believe it. If they offer to repair it one more time, i would accept, take photos of the car, wheels, mileage etc and see how it comes back. Get documentation on what it is going in for and the expectations on what the dealer is going to fix prior to repairs. And if not fixed, their commitment, in writing, to the next steps with timescales to provide you with what you thought you were buying. All addressed to your solicitor.
The clout of a solicitors letter explaining the above intentions should get em shifting, and cc in all the head offices as many have suggested.
So many cnuts these days trying to fob you off with x,y and z.
Difficult not to lose your temper in these situations, but a calm legal approach is the only way forward.
Good luck mate, i feel for ya.
Thanks mate, i have the car booked in again for June 29th, It will be going in for the roof again...i will give them 5 working days to get this done, i will make this very clear to them. I will see how it goes....if they take longer then the stated time, then i am most definatly taking legal action. I am hoping the roof will be fixed but to be honest i doubt it as they attempted to fix it for a whole month and only got worse, so by what means would they get it done this time?

Anyhow, i will let them have a go and hope all goes well....but if not then will have to take the next step forward i guess. They better not damage the car again either.
      06-11-2009, 03:42 PM   #35
squeezebm
Colonel
Rep
Drives: Audi

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post
Thanks mate, i have the car booked in again for June 29th, It will be going in for the roof again...i will give them 5 working days to get this done, i will make this very clear to them. I will see how it goes....if they take longer then the stated time, then i am most definatly taking legal action. I am hoping the roof will be fixed but to be honest i doubt it as they attempted to fix it for a whole month and only got worse, so by what means would they get it done this time?

Anyhow, i will let them have a go and hope all goes well....but if not then will have to take the next step forward i guess.
Not a good situation,hang in there and good luck
Appreciate 0
      06-11-2009, 03:45 PM   #36
MEGA
Dieseasal
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: LCI E92 335d M-Sport

This is unbelievable that its still going on. Hope you get it sorted soon wafik
      06-11-2009, 04:18 PM   #37
zltm089
Banned
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 335i SE Coupe Space Grey

Garage List
2006 BMW 335i  [10.00]
Try everything!!!....Citizens Advice Bureau, Small Claims court if under £25k....hmmmm....BBC Watchdog.....EVERYTHING!!!!.....and ANYTHING!!!....Don't let these fckers get away! .....vampires!!!
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 02:50 AM   #38
NAZ
Private
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: bmw m3 e92

Garage List
2008 M3 E92  [0.00]
Sytner dealers are the worst, so bad that i travel from london to bury st edmunds if i have any problems with my car. I personally believe no one should use them. Boycott them...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 05:52 AM   #39
magic77
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: ex- 335i

I'm really schocked has anyone here used Sytner Ascot/Sunningdale as they have been great for me
      06-12-2009, 06:14 AM   #40
NFS
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by wafik View Post

Anyhow, i will let them have a go and hope all goes well....but if not then will have to take the next step forward i guess.
My advice is this:

DO NOT GO BACK TO THAT DEALER.

Based on the catalogue of problems you have experienced I think it's perfectly reasonable that you should take the position that you have no confidence in their ability to resolve the situation.

Get back on to BMW UK customer service, make sure they have the full story and advise them that you have no faith in the dealer AT ALL.

Insist that BMW make arrangements for another dealer to unravel the whole mess and sort your problems out. Do not let the phone call end until you have got your own way.
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 06:35 AM   #41
wafik
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NFS View Post
My advice is this:

DO NOT GO BACK TO THAT DEALER.

Based on the catalogue of problems you have experienced I think it's perfectly reasonable that you should take the position that you have no confidence in their ability to resolve the situation.

Get back on to BMW UK customer service, make sure they have the full story and advise them that you have no faith in the dealer AT ALL.

Insist that BMW make arrangements for another dealer to unravel the whole mess and sort your problems out. Do not let the phone call end until you have got your own way.

I have called the dealer 3 times yesterday to speak to the manager and always get told they will pass a message - but never got a call from the manager as of yet. Now the lady i spoke to said she will get the manager to call me...so for now i just have to wait for that call....
      06-12-2009, 06:39 AM   #42
Z4 Beemer
Colonel
Scotland
Rep
Drives: 2009 Z4 sDrive 23i

Garage List
2006 E92  [0.00]
2004 Z4 2.2i  [8.00]
Are you making progress? Keep us updated
      06-12-2009, 07:33 AM   #43
E92Fan
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: .

Quote:
Originally Posted by NAZ View Post
Sytner dealers are the worst, so bad that i travel from london to bury st edmunds if i have any problems with my car. I personally believe no one should use them. Boycott them...
I agree - Sytner Harold Wood are single-handedly the WORST dealer I have ever had to associate myself with. Their incompetence is mind-blowing, their attention to detail and care for customer cars is horrendous. I had two kerbed wheels, a dented door, and four scratches on my car from six separate visits to that cowboy outfit. It took them three separate attempts to get an alignment correct, taking two hours each time they did it. They took the dashboard out five or six times to sort out disintegrating air conditioning parts, rattles, malfunctioning CCCs (twice). And when I eventually had BMW Battersea fix the car properly, we discovered that only 30% of the screws had gone back in, and half the dashboard was hanging loose, only clipped together with friction holding everything just about in place... And they want to charge £130+ per hour for labour?! Carlos could do a better job then them

I also discovered, belatedly, that some warranty work that Sytner Harold Wood allegedly claimed to have done on my car had in fact not been done at all, and none of the faulty parts concerned had been replaced. It took BMW Battersea to discover the original date stamp and part number on the faulty parts. Allegedly, Sytner's either commited warranty fraud against BMW UK, or lied to me and deliberately failed to provide a warranty-backed service on my car.

Disgusting, utterly disgusting. They dispensed with the previous Service Management team and moved one of them to Sytner Chigwell (I guess stay clear of them too in this case!) and it was supposed to have gotten better. I guess Wafik is proof that the incompetence is inherent and invasive throughout the entire service team.

The only time I will step foot in that dealership again is if it goes to the wall - I'll walk in with a bottle of champagne and cheer loudly

I feel so bad for Wafik - he's got a leaky swimming pool for a car, and he's lumbered with the most incompetent dealer I've ever known. Rotten luck...
Appreciate 0
      06-12-2009, 08:45 AM   #44
Jamese93
Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 640d Gran Coupe M-Sport

Wafik,

I've just rejected a car with BMW GB - they have bought it back - look for my threads re spakling graphite paint. Had huge problems with roof, and the final straw was when the gearbox blew up in their hands....Early E93 cars were not good and sounds like you have issues too.

Give me a yell and will help you where I can.

Cheers,

J
Appreciate 0