E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > BMW Coding > K-CAN error codes Pro HU

04-24-2024, 02:44 AM   #1
lazeer321
Rep
Drives: BMW 320i (E93)

K-CAN error codes Pro HU

Hi, I recently retrofitted a 2010 Professional HU with BT to my 2008 e93.

I already managed to change the VIN # with WinKFP on the new unit, in "MASK/CCC" and "MOSTGW"

But I have the following problems:

1) When connecting the new radio to the car, after I turn ignition on, I scan the car using ISTA and I always get so many "K-CAN" fault codes.

For example, it says "CAS: K-CAN line fault", "FRM: K-CAN line fault", "PDC: K-CAN line fault"
What would be the cause of those error codes? I forgot to mention that when I switch back to the original radio, after clearing error memory, the error codes are gone.
Lastly, I don't know if this is an issue (I believe it is) but when I connect the new HU to the power, it always makes a high pitched sound like electrical/frequency, that goes away and comes back again, for as long as the HU is powered on.

2) With NCSEXPERT, I can't manage to read the 2RAD module when having the new HU connected to the car, I noticed that there is a "RAD22.something" file when trying to read the module, and in the old HU the name of that file is "RAD2.something" and I can read that one.

I'm using a standard K+DCAN cable

Any help would be deeply appreciated.
Thanks
Appreciate 0