E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Suspension | Brakes | Chassis > M3 rear shocks on a non-M

12-30-2023, 06:40 AM   #1
4bangersketti
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 320i

M3 rear shocks on a non-M

I ordered some coilovers that showed up with M3 style shock mounts instead of the non-m style. I sent an email to the distributor that I ordered them through, but it will probably be a couple days until I hear back because of the holidays.

What options, if any, do I have to mount these things to my car? If I swap to M3 rear control arms, would I need to change anything else?
Appreciate 0
      01-09-2024, 04:10 PM   #2
AshwinLB
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i 6MT

For the rear, you just need the m3 camber links to fit the m3 style rear shocks.

https://www.bimmerworld.com/Suspensi...2-E9X-BMW.html

For the front you need the m3 knuckles, which means you need m3 front calipers, m3 rotors, and m3 tie rods. And you might need new wheels if they don’t fit over the m3 calipers.

Personally it’s “worth” it if you’re building an optimized track car, but if you were just looking to get lower with coilovers, I’d just return them and get the proper non-m ones
Appreciate 0