E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > DIY Guides > DIY: 00A177 Car Communication Computer CCC - External Fan not Working

03-17-2018, 07:48 AM   #1
matt_s
Private
Rep
Drives: 330d e90

DIY: 00A177 Car Communication Computer CCC - External Fan not Working

Just a quick write up in the above fault code, which annoyingly was preventing my DPF from regenerating. Car is a UK e90 pre LCI 330d with M57 engine and idrive professional.

The faulty fan is a really small fan that is clipped on to the back of the CCC head unit. I tried clearing the fault a few times and got no joy, it must have been duff.

Ordered a new one from BMW, £60.
Fitting:
1. Battery disconnect to avoid shorting anything
2. Remove the dash trim and trim around the DVD slot, to access the 4x screws holding the head unit in, move/unplug any wires as appropriate
3. Remove screws and gently pull head unit forward and toward passenger side (in UK car)
4. Fan is on he back right side as looking at the dash
5. Disconnect the lead to the fan.
6. The fan is held in by plastic tabs, it needs to be gently pushed in to the head unit whilst rotating clockwise as though you were looking at the back of the head unit.

Fitting is the reverse of removal.

Once done, I was able to clear all error codes, via INPA and this then allowed my DPF to regen. That's right, a small electronic fan on the back of the head unit was preventing a DPF regen.

I'll upload photos later, when I get my head around image hosting etc
Appreciate 0
      11-18-2018, 10:23 PM   #2
mikki
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: Sparkling Graphite 330

Hello. What’s the part number for the fan?
Appreciate 0