E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > UK Classifieds Section > FS: BMW 335d M Sport 4dr Saloon Auto (390BHP)

01-05-2013, 11:11 AM   #23
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: van

Quote:
Originally Posted by r15khn View Post
It's a professional remap I do need to take time out so I can get the dyno done. Prob with the m3 is that it's non turbo so lacks pull but at top end 4l v8 will kick in
There is no lack of pull after evolve stage two that's why I got it done. Cat delete, air filter and stage 2 software.35-40 gain over stock. Car now pulls from 3k. I use to miss the torque of my 335d until I had this done.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 11:19 AM   #24
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by dxb335d View Post
390 sounds optimistic. 365- 370 I rekon so.
With just a remap dms can do 360 easily Carl and with a full exhaust system 10-15, cat and dpf delete 15-20 as its massively restrictive. Would love to see a Dyno of this car with a dpf delete + exhaust. You would have to have map tweaked though to be most effective.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 11:33 AM   #25
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
It's a professional remap I do need to take time out so I can get the dyno done.
With respect Fella,if the car has never been dynoed,where has the 390bhp come from?
Is it a guess,or based on something else?
What torque figure do you think the car is running?

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy9188 View Post
With just a remap dms can do 360 easily Carl and with a full exhaust system 10-15, cat and dpf delete 15-20 as its massively restrictive. Would love to see a Dyno of this car with a dpf delete + exhaust. You would have to have map tweaked though to be most effective.
360 easily?
That implies that the car will give more,where did the figure of 360 come from,and was that purely a remap?
If it runs 360bhp,what torque figure goes with it?

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #26
335DEE
Captain
England
Rep
Drives: M3 DCT

These are big figures 60 mpg @ 80 -90 mph .. you were being towed right ?

If the answer is no then i'd be checking the Fuel consumption correction factor ..because if you are getting 60mpg @ 80-90 mph your correction factor is certainly not 1:1 more like 0.6
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 02:59 PM   #27
r15khn
350BHP 700NM
Rep
Drives: Bmw 335d M Sport e90

The standard map is 370 with 720 torque. I then had the dpf delete, egr delete, uprated air intake AND straight through pipework only exhaust ;no boxes so no restrictions in air flow. The vehicle was then taken back to tuning company who has had the car on a roll road so a stage 2 map could be done- hence I state approx 390bhp as was shown on screen. I just regret not getting a dyno printout which I may have to go and do.

60 mpg can be achieved on a long distance run with cruise control on at 80mpg as you are not constantly apply gas or braking.
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 03:04 PM   #28
r15khn
350BHP 700NM
Rep

Andy I have an e92 m3 with a cat back no boxes, is evolves map undetectable as the car is on lease and needs to return to stock before handing it back at the end of the agreement. Also have you done a panel replacement filter or a whole new air intake. Be interesting to put my 335 up against your v8
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 04:27 PM   #29
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E46 M3

Is this running stock brakes and dampers?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 04:45 PM   #30
r15khn
350BHP 700NM
Rep

No it's got uprated discs and pads and the suspension set up is off the new m3 competition pack
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 05:34 PM   #31
JTMR360
Second Lieutenant
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: E90 2008 335d M Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by o0timbo0o View Post
These are big figures 60 mpg @ 80 -90 mph .. you were being towed right ?

If the answer is no then i'd be checking the Fuel consumption correction factor ..because if you are getting 60mpg @ 80-90 mph your correction factor is certainly not 1:1 more like 0.6
Lovely looking car you have for sale but as stated, I think your mpg figures are a few mpg high to say the least!
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 05:51 PM   #32
RagingKileak
Brigadier General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: M3 CS

So erm, why doesn't someone just say what's evident to us all?

The MPG and BHP are obviously made up. As I said earlier op, it's a nice car - you should advertise it on its actual merits and not made up shit.

I can see the updated disks so I think you're a genuine chap, but this isn't the place to pull plonkers in respect of power, MPG etc.

Matt
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2013, 06:29 PM   #33
Kerr
Brigadier General
Scotland
Rep
Drives: BMW M235I

Quote:
The standard map is 370 with 720 torque. I then had the dpf delete, egr delete, uprated air intake AND straight through pipework only exhaust ;no boxes so no restrictions in air flow. The vehicle was then taken back to tuning company who has had the car on a roll road so a stage 2 map could be done- hence I state approx 390bhp as was shown on screen. I just regret not getting a dyno printout which I may have to go and do.

60 mpg can be achieved on a long distance run with cruise control on at 80mpg as you are not constantly apply gas or braking.
I don't think the standard map for a 335d is anywhere near 370bhp. That is closer to 335i mapped.

Maybe with the mods on offer it is time to put it on a road to prove?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:56 AM   #34
r15khn
350BHP 700NM
Rep

I can happily take pics of the mpg display whilst on travels however I know what people's response will be, the only to know the true mpg is to come and drive the car and witness it for yourself which when a potential buyer comes they will see. Please note I did say mpg depends on how heavy footed you are and how often you accelerate and brake, my figures are based on a 200 mile flat road trip with cruise so no accelerating or brake was really required.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 02:59 AM   #35
r15khn
350BHP 700NM
Rep

A custom stage 1 map will give 370, your 335 map will be an off the shelf map so you will not see major power gains as I have, if there are tuners on here they can verify this. A custom map for your car will always give higher power gains over standard maps offered by companies hence the difference in price.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:41 AM   #36
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hotcoupe View Post
360 easily?
That implies that the car will give more,where did the figure of 360 come from,and was that purely a remap?
If it runs 360bhp,what torque figure goes with it?
Yes Ian 360 easily. Speak to dms or mega or bwchiptune they will do 360 from just a remap the only thing that holds these cars back is the gearbox because of the torque limitations. Even if you put straight through exhausts on and dpf delete you will have a slight gain but the software needs adjusting to utilise these mods properly. The reason why everyone is fixated on 350bhp 700nm is because this is all the generic maps are rated to again due to gearbox limitations. The free flowing exhaust will definitely let the turbos spool up a lot easier and help longevity. With these mods and a custom map you will get these figures but in return exceed the maximum torque. How many people on this forum have actually pushed there cars past the 700/720nm on here. None that I know of.

To the op you need to get this car on the Dyno.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 03:48 AM   #37
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Andy I have an e92 m3 with a cat back no boxes, is evolves map undetectable as the car is on lease and needs to return to stock before handing it back at the end of the agreement. Also have you done a panel replacement filter or a whole new air intake. Be interesting to put my 335 up against your v8
It is only undetectable with there evolve r cable which flashes the car back to stock when you return it. A rear exhaust box doesn't make much difference at all you need to remove the primary cats and then remap. It is just a panel filter pal as that's all you need. The stock air intake pipework is very good. You couldn't really get more air in if you tried. When the car is on the ramps if you look up the air intake you can see the air filter and its quite a large diameter.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:41 AM   #38
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

So who's mapped the car then?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 04:43 AM   #39
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

I want to LOL so bad but i wont....

Must.......not....post............................ ....stu.........................pid.........pic... .ture............................................. ..................................
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 05:05 AM   #40
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_P View Post

Must.......not....post............................ ....stu.........................pid.........pic... .ture............................................. ..................................
?????
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 05:17 AM   #41
A_P
Lieutenant Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep

Quote:
?????
I am really not sure if your serious.

Andy have a little search on Hotcoupes username. Interesting reading.

And, O.P I have a friend who is in the market for a 35i/d. You being too vague. Can you elaborate more on suspension?

Are we talking control/ track arms wishbones all round? polybush? Sway bars? Coilovers? if so are we talking a true set up?

He is really interested to know about other mods besides performance.

cheers.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #42
MrPogle
Captain
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: F10 550i M-Sport LCI

Quote:

Go on!. I thought your Susan Coffey one was great.
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:19 AM   #43
andy9188
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
I am really not sure if your serious.

Andy have a little search on Hotcoupes username. Interesting reading
Serious about what?
Appreciate 0
      01-06-2013, 07:36 AM   #44
Hotcoupe
Major General
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: Don't know yet!

Garage List
Quote:
Yes Ian 360 easily. Speak to dms or mega or bwchiptune they will do 360 from just a remap the only thing that holds these cars back is the gearbox because of the torque limitations. Even if you put straight through exhausts on and dpf delete you will have a slight gain but the software needs adjusting to utilise these mods properly. The reason why everyone is fixated on 350bhp 700nm is because this is all the generic maps are rated to again due to gearbox limitations. The free flowing exhaust will definitely let the turbos spool up a lot easier and help longevity. With these mods and a custom map you will get these figures but in return exceed the maximum torque. How many people on this forum have actually pushed there cars past the 700/720nm on here. None that I know of.

To the op you need to get this car on the Dyno.
It's threads like these when I discover just how lacking the library of smilies/emoticons is,I really want one that displays one of total bewilderment/bemusement/disbelief etc, this one - just doesn't hack it

Anyway Andy,thanks for the response,I'll pass on the invite on talking to either Rob or Mike at DMS,as I used these knowledgeable Guys back in 2005,so know a little bit about the outfit,and a fine one it is too.
I've never met Jason @BW,but I do hear good things about him also.

Funnily enough there was a Guy on here only recently who had used DMS,he was claiming 360BHP, and when I politely asked what the torque figure was,and for a scanned copy of the dyno graph,his reply was that he never had a graph,and would need to contact Mike @DMS to get a copy.

Strange one that!

Whenever I've had a car dynoed,which has been on multiple occasions,I've always got a printout,and the forum has quite a few copies uploaded to look at.
Lets face it,how else can I prove just how big my cock is,a Dynograph is essential when declaring the size of your manhood,BHP/torque, go hand in hand with length and girth in many people's books

Andy,joking aside,I am aware of the claims made by many companies,but I'm sure you'd agree that with out something substantive to back up the claims,anyone claiming as such will automatically set off the many BSometers that are prevalent on many car related forums.

I'm not in anyway suggesting I disbelieve the OP,or any of the other claims made by others,but by asking questions,you sometimes get a different version of the truth behind such claims.

Funnily enough I know a Guy with a 335D,have been out in it.
It runs at 378bhp and 590lbs torque,and I've seen the dynograph to substantiate the power.
The car was obviously mapped and had had the inside of the DPF lobotomised,those figures above, were also pre fitting the straight through exhaust I sold him.

It sounded glorious for a diesel car,and was mental in every sense.

So yes,390ish is achievable,but the downside with this setup,is something will give,be it the gearbox,drivetrain,turbo/torque converter etc,and then you're royally fecked.

A stage 2 map is nothing other than a clever bit of marketing,most companies use generic maps off the shelf as you say, a Stage 2 map is the generic one,manipulated/altered in many differing ways by a good mapper,simples

My car ran at 363bhp (DPF intact) and a tad over 500lbs of torque,the torque figure was kept lower than is possible for the reasons as listed above,but I know I could have got more,but wouldn't be able to afford the repairs when the car imploded!

Anyway,I don't want to start a tuning war,I've had my fill of those over the years,and this post has already passed it's attention span quotient,so I'm ooot.................................for now

Best of luck with the sale r15khn,the car sounds like a monster

Never argue with an idiot on the internet. He will drag you down to his level and beat you with experience.
Appreciate 0