E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > CPO'd Buyback 335i

09-23-2010, 08:53 AM   #1
bsharin
Rep
Drives: 2007 BMW 335i

CPO'd Buyback 335i

First of all, I wanted to say that I am a proud new owner of a 2007 335i Sedan. Absolutely love the car; have only put about 600 miles on it so far...

Now with that stated, I have a question I am hoping that someone can answer regarding the CPO warranty that was previously purchased on my vehicle. My car was CPO'd by the original owner in 2/2010. In 8/2010 this car was bought back by BMW for HPFP problems. I went by my local BMW dealership and had them print out a maintenance history of the vehicle. It was then that the fun began. It shows that this vehicle has an active CPO warranty. It also has a statement that reads "do not re-represent this vehicle as a CPO", but nowhere on it does it say the warranty is voided.

I spoke to my local dealerships service director who told me "I should be fine". Not exactly the reassurance that I was looking for, but I guess that is good enough. From looking around online, it appears that "buyback" cars transfer the existing warranties to future owners. But, once a car is bought back from BMW, you cannot add a CPO warranty to the car if it doesn't already have one.

I know this is quite a ramble, but was wondering if anyone has any experiences with this specific subject? It just seems like there should be more of a clear cut answer than an open ended interpretation. BTW, two different managers at BMW NA told be that my local dealership would better answer my questions.

Thanks in advance!

Appreciate 0