E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Long Crank from hot. Already checked HPFP

05-04-2016, 12:57 PM   #1
Demetriou.J.D
Rep
Drives: e93 320

Angry Long Crank from hot. Already checked HPFP

Hey guys,

I am going through quite some trouble with my e93. It is a 320i with the N43 engine.

The problem is that the car starts up fine from cold. However whenever I will stop to get down at a shop for a couple of minutes and try to start again, I get long cranks, and I have to try starting it multiple times. It usually takes me around 15-20 minutes and more than 40 tries to get it started once it starts giving me long cranks. So usually what I do is I just leave the car off for around 20-25 minutes and then just try starting.

Having taken it to the dealership they assured me it was the HPFP. So I changed the HPFP with a new one, only to realize that the problem was still there.

My mechanic later on told me that we should check the fuel pump and make sure the pressure is adequate, and we checked that with a meter and all was fine.

Mechanic then told me the next most probable thing to change is the Crankshaft Sensor. So after that was changed and I am still experiencing the same problem, I don't know what else to do!

I have read a lot about people having problems with Injectors, however is there anyway to make sure this is the problem before paying so much money again?

Would be interested to hear what other things you guys suggest it might be.

P.S. The car gives out no error codes, apart from saying that some modules need to be updated which I will update tomorrow.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 01:18 PM   #2
Gohan335i7
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 335i

Garage List
2010 335i  [10.00]
Hmmmm..... Sounds like your mechanic is not great at finding the real problem and fixing it. May I suggest finding a better one? Maybe through BimmerShops.com ) I would guess Injectors, plugs, coils, starter or battery.
Appreciate 0
      05-04-2016, 01:37 PM   #3
Demetriou.J.D
Rep
Drives: e93 320

I agree Gohan, and so does my pocket! Unfortunately I'm not in the US
Appreciate 0