E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > ConnectedDrive / I-Drive / Navigation Related Discussion > HELP: Scratched iDrive Anti-Glar Coating (with photos).

08-14-2016, 05:15 PM   #89
TomTomTuning
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: WTB: G20 M340i

Quote:
Originally Posted by szila007 View Post
Mine is CIC :/ By the way, I think the solution will be that I buy a used one, and I will put my screen to the used one, in that way I don't have to code the used to work with my CIC head unit.
Sounds like a plan.

I wonder when CIC switched to not using the plastic cover. Both my CIC cars did not have it.
Appreciate 0
      02-26-2017, 07:01 PM   #90
robygomez
Private
Mexico
Rep
Drives: 325i, 2010, E90

Hi, I know this is a very old topic but just today I scratch my display with my nail by accident when I was cleaning it so I tried a lot of things windex, 3m glass cleaner, armor all but nothing worked as a matter of fact it got worse so I polish it with a gentle red polish paste from turtle wax and it worked great.

After doing it the screen looked brand new I even wax it with 3m carnauba light liquid wax, the only problem were the corners because I couldn't reach into them very good but the rest of the screen looks great.

Some other time I'm going to try to get into the corners of the screen with a Q-tip I'll let you know how it went, if your willing to try this look for very light polish and waxing products, I applied them with automotive cotton.
Appreciate 0
      04-20-2017, 03:05 PM   #91
MrsDoc
Rep
Drives: 325i bmw 2006

Can you use a headlight restoration kit with a dremel with a polishing pad. I've added a screen save from a laptop and cut it down to fit
Appreciate 0
      06-24-2017, 02:01 PM   #92
magnis
Registered
Rep
Drives: e60

I got mine fixed here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMW-CIC-NB...e=STRK:MESE:IT
Appreciate 0