E90Post

The Tire Rack

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > General E90 Sedan / E91 Wagon / E92 Coupe / E93 Cabrio > Rubber valve stems

05-20-2019, 06:03 PM   #1
NFiftyWon
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E90 LCI 328 X-Drive

Rubber valve stems

Just had some tires wrapped on my new curva c300's
Only problem is, they put in rubber valve stems and didnt transfer or install tire pressure sensors. I already called them and they referenced some bs clause in their service guarantee about not being responsible for additional tire monitoring equipment. Ill get some put in, but for the time being,
The tire pressure indicator on the dash is flashing invalid. Does this have any affect on drivability? The car seems a little turned down, and driving with dtc on in the rain today felt strange. And before someone asks, it is a 0.24% difference from front to rear (staggered). This isnt really in the realm of issues ive dealt with before so im kind of scratching my head. I read the DSC/DTC article on the bmw technology reference guide, and it made no notable mention of tire pressure. Anyone?
Appreciate 0
      05-20-2019, 06:20 PM   #2
nsjames
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 08 328xi Touring

no it does not. when my RDC module failed the TPMS was broken and flashing, it did not cut power or anything else.

and if you don't want to go through the hassle of having TPMS sensor, recode the car to FTM. It uses the wheel speed sensors.

there's a DIY in the diy section.
Appreciate 2
Efthreeoh17309.00