E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N57 / M57 Turbo Diesel Discussions - 335d > sad news JB has been summoned

03-15-2014, 06:45 AM   #1
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

sad news JB has been summoned

Good day amigos while here in Dallas I received news via facebook that JB has been summoned by CARB or EPE to stop and desist selling downpipe s thru their website. You can go to their website and see no downpipe being sold I saw the letter but not had the chance to read I will try to share w u guys. CARB EPA CAFE aka Gestapo Nazi Bastards are at it AGAIN!!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 09:45 AM   #2
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

JB? What is JB? I assume this is n54 news
Appreciate 0
      03-15-2014, 10:08 AM   #3
Puerto Rican 335d
Brigadier General
Puerto Rico
Rep
Drives: Montego Blue 335d

Yes Terry send me a txt to 787.459.4518 and ill send u a copy of the letter
Appreciate 0
      03-16-2014, 06:30 PM   #4
daveN007
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2011 335d

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puerto Rican 335d View Post
Good day amigos while here in Dallas I received news via facebook that JB has been summoned by CARB or EPE to stop and desist selling downpipe s thru their website. You can go to their website and see no downpipe being sold I saw the letter but not had the chance to read I will try to share w u guys. CARB EPA CAFE aka Gestapo Nazi Bastards are at it AGAIN!!!!!!
Things like this are generally sold for off road purposes only. Seller can't control what consumers do with the product as long as it is labeled properly.
      03-17-2014, 10:03 AM   #5
Hoooper
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335D

Quote:
Originally Posted by daveN007 View Post
Things like this are generally sold for off road purposes only. Seller can't control what consumers do with the product as long as it is labeled properly.
the EPA has been aggressively pursuing companies who sell a legal product to people who decide to use it for illegal purposes. This is the first Ive heard of a gas engine product getting their assault, but there are a number of the more popular diesel engines (trucks, mostly) where vendors have been getting threatening letters from the EPA about EGR delete kits and DPF delete kits. I suspect realistically in the end there is nothing the EPA can legitimately do to stop them since what they are doing is legal, but its not like the EPA hasnt been known to levy illegitimate fines on people forcing them to either do what the EPA says or go bankrupt fighting them.
Appreciate 0