E90Post

Extreme Powerhouse

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Powertrain and Drivetrain Discussions > N54 Turbo Engine / Drivetrain / Exhaust Modifications - 335i > Vishnu V4 Autotune Dynos? The newest software?

09-01-2010, 05:21 PM   #45
OpenFlash
United_States
Rep
Drives: A Lot

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
Shiv, you probably been asked this before (and he has way to many posts to read through for a search to work), but what would be your suggested purchase order (exhaust, FMIC, intakes, bypass val, and meth) for the best bank for your buck after a tune?
The best bang for the buck, after the tune, is methanol. Without a doubt. If that isn't in the cards, a DCI is good and inexpensive. After that, an intercooler is a good upgrade. With it, you will see the Procede consistently autotune to a higher boost/lower ignition correction setting. Even in hot days.

Shiv
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 05:24 PM   #46
Pure745
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 335i Coupe/745i

Quote:
Originally Posted by mithiral67 View Post
Give the guy a break
What the fuck? Just a newbie asking simple questions my friend.. This car is a lot more fun to mod than my E65 was.
      09-01-2010, 05:35 PM   #47
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Pure745 View Post
What the fuck? Just a newbie asking simple questions my friend.. This car is a lot more fun to mod than my E65 was.
I know man, just poking fun. I am guessing they are rushing to get the group buy built, tested, and shipped (at an awesome savings) with folks asking when they are shipping. All on top of that they are still working on updates, which shouldnt be rushed through on a large number of units like a group buy.

No harm intended

Shiv - Thanks for the info!!
Appreciate 0
      09-01-2010, 10:43 PM   #48
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

Quote:
Originally Posted by aefan89 View Post
vase330

I really like what your doing with your 335, im trying to go that route also, but money is tight. Keeping the stock muffler keeps it some what a sleeper, but how loud is it with DP
Nice and civilized. Just the way I like it. There is a deeper and more audible snarl, but not much different from stock. I have surprised a guy with a S550 who got a jump on me, and I still killed him. Its was old graying dude, and he just pulled by me was WTF is in that car? I was like, eh, I don't know, I got it from the dealer and I am just shocked how fast these things are.

So far very very happy. I may get the meth, then I am done. Its already faster than I need it to be as is now, so meth is probably the last mod that will be added.
      09-01-2010, 10:56 PM   #49
Belarus
Brigadier General
Canada
Rep
Drives: E93 335i

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by shiv@vishnu View Post
The best bang for the buck, after the tune, is methanol. Without a doubt. If that isn't in the cards, a DCI is good and inexpensive. After that, an intercooler is a good upgrade. With it, you will see the Procede consistently autotune to a higher boost/lower ignition correction setting. Even in hot days.

Shiv
+ Catless DPs

12.770 @ 112.81 mph||slip||JB4|FMIC|DPs|DCI|N54 DVs|ER CP|Koni FSD|Eibach-Pro|F Strut-bar|R Sway-bar|Hankooks V12|DPE SP16|BBK|15%Tint|CF Front Lip|CF Diffuser|M3 Spoiler|SmartTop|LUX AE|Debadged
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 08:17 AM   #50
Sniz
Lieutenant General
Rep
Drives: e92 335 - gone // e36 M3 turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
Nice and civilized. Just the way I like it. There is a deeper and more audible snarl, but not much different from stock. I have surprised a guy with a S550 who got a jump on me, and I still killed him. Its was old graying dude, and he just pulled by me was WTF is in that car? I was like, eh, I don't know, I got it from the dealer and I am just shocked how fast these things are.

So far very very happy. I may get the meth, then I am done. Its already faster than I need it to be as is now, so meth is probably the last mod that will be added.

you know you want the meth
      09-02-2010, 10:23 AM   #51
vase330
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 19 E63S; 15.5 RangeRover ATB

I am kinda sold on it. Maybe get it next moth or two if you are available to install it. Only thing I am afraid of I have 24K miles on my car now and just had oil serviced and intake, not sure how much longer before I have to go in again. Would I have to take it off? I never take any of the other mods off and never had any problems, but this one might get flagged I am afraid. It would be a PITA to take off for dealer visits right?
      09-02-2010, 12:54 PM   #52
mithiral67
That guy
Rep
Drives: 2015 Cayman GTS

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by vase330 View Post
I am kinda sold on it. Maybe get it next moth or two if you are available to install it. Only thing I am afraid of I have 24K miles on my car now and just had oil serviced and intake, not sure how much longer before I have to go in again. Would I have to take it off? I never take any of the other mods off and never had any problems, but this one might get flagged I am afraid. It would be a PITA to take off for dealer visits right?
You will have to bring your car in for the 30k mile inspection yes and any oil changes between that and the 45k inspection that you bring into a dealership (using a non-dealership shop would preclude you from having to uninstall it for regular changes).

From what I understand, its takes anywhere from 10-60 mins depending on your mechanical skills to install/remove so 20-120 mins each visit. Be aware that the 10 mins range is for the very efficient and the 60 min range is for those who don't know what a Phillips screwdriver is. Most folks taking their time say they do it in 20-30.

Do some searches, tune wisely. If a dealership knows you're using this by leaving it in and you have ANY drive train issues, they will void your warranty and ask for a credit card before doing any work.
Appreciate 0