E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > Sulev/PZEV Warranty Question

02-05-2018, 02:45 AM   #1
maxor
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW 328i

Sulev/PZEV Warranty Question

So, Long story short, My fuel pump goes out. Did fuel pressure tests, no pressure, DVOM in the pin connectors, received correct voltage, fuel pump doesn't prime.

I was reading some information regarding the Sulev California 15 Year / 150,000 Mile warranty regarding emissions parts. Looked up the warranty information and saw fuel tank. Would the pump also be covered under this warranty?

If so, how would i go about getting this replaced under warranty?

2008 E90 328i

N51 Engine

Sulev / Pzev Warranty List
https://image.prntscr.com/image/RfhK...1EoU0GFn4w.png

Last edited by maxor; 02-05-2018 at 02:59 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 06:27 AM   #2
kkasson
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 07 BMW 328i, 08 BMW 528i

Yes, should be covered. If you enter the last 7 of your VIN on RealOEM.com and go to Fuel supply -> Fuel filter/pump/fuel level sensor you'll see that the pump is listed there as Delivery unit, right.

The process for the warranty is that you'll be quoted the standard diagnostic fee. They'll figure out what's wrong with the car, and if it's a part which is covered by the warranty then the fee is waived and they'll fix it for free. If it ends up being something which isn't covered (although it sound like you've already shown it to be the fuel pump), then you'll have to pay the fee.

You can call a service adviser at the dealership and they should be able to verify that the pump is in fact on the list of covered parts.

Since you're in LA you might want to get in touch with Charlie at McKenna BMW. He's a service adviser there and also a member of the forum. I've only heard great things about him, and he's helped other members get their SULEV warranties taken care of.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 10:14 AM   #3
Efthreeoh
General
United_States
Rep
Drives: The E90 + Z4 Coupe & Z3 R'ster

I'd assume that the SES light has to be illuminated with an emissions-related fault code for it to be considered an emissions warranty repair. The state should have a list of what components need to be covered by the manufacturers CA emissions warranty. You should check that first.
Appreciate 0
      02-05-2018, 07:11 PM   #4
maxor
Private
Rep
Drives: E90 BMW 328i

Just took it to the dealer, $168 diagnostic fee.

I also asked if the valve cover gasket is covered under the sulev warranty and they said yes, hopefully getting that replaced as well and that should also waive the fee. Should receive calls tomorrow on the status of the warranty coverage, fingers crossed!
Appreciate 0