E90Post

TNT Racewerks

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > New & Preowned BMW Ordering / Pricing / Tracking Information Forum (including European Delivery) > New to forums. Need help buying 335i

08-26-2008, 04:20 AM   #1
Vapor335
Rep
Drives: Soon to be 335i

Exclamation New to forums. Need help buying 335i

Hello everyone I would like to introduce myself since I am new to the forums, but I have spent countless hours looking around and this is the best bmw forum hands down

Ok so briefly, I want to buy a 335i coupe and take advantage of the 0.9 APR.
The thing I need help with is that I am on a budget of $45,000 on the car out the door. Do you think that with a similar speced car (like below) the price would be reasonable and doable? I guess the only thing more difficult is finding one this late in the game hence what several dealers have told me

Jet Black/Sparkling Graph.
Black Leatherete
Sports Package
Steptronic w/Paddle Shifters
Navigation System- a must

And possibly Premium Package
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 12:31 PM   #2
HappyNDing
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: It drives me

Sadly, there are hardly any non-loaded 2008 335i coupes left in California. The fully loaded ones that have Nav stickers for about $50k, so it's well out of your budget of $45k out the door.

I've looked as well but like you said, it is too late to get the exact specs you want especially on a 335i coupe so you might have to settle for a NAV-less 08 coupe if you still want to stay within your budget and get the 0.9% rate by 9/2/08.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 12:43 PM   #3
Vapor335
Rep

Thanks for the response.
Well if I were to work with my budget for a bit more, what would you suggest a good and reasonable deal could be had with a somewhat fully loaded car? Do you think around $48,000 seems as a good offer? $800 a month on a 60 month term would most likely be the most I would be able to work with.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 01:24 PM   #4
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Do you have the invoice pricing list? It's pretty easy to figure out the price with that information since all 08's are going for invoice or even a bit below invoice right now. It's very straightforward. If you don't have that pdf, PM me and I'll send it to you.
      08-26-2008, 02:55 PM   #5
seanl
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 335i 6-Speed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vapor335 View Post
Thanks for the response.
Well if I were to work with my budget for a bit more, what would you suggest a good and reasonable deal could be had with a somewhat fully loaded car? Do you think around $48,000 seems as a good offer? $800 a month on a 60 month term would most likely be the most I would be able to work with.
For comparison's sake, I just bought a TiAg 2008 335i Sedan, manual trans, ZPP, ZSP, PDC, Heated Seats, Ipod. Sticker was $45,650. I paid $41750 and that included those damn $130 floor mats. OTD was $45,600. I financed the whole deal at 0.9% for 60 months and my monthly pmt is $777. So to keep your payment around $800 with nothing down, you can't go much higher than $46K and change OTD.

Good Luck. I originally wanted a low mileage '07 Coupe w/ manual trans but found it impossible to find an oil cooler equipped one that was priced reasonably. Then I decided to buy a new Coupe since 0.9% makes a new $45K car cheaper than a used $40K. But I couldn't find anything close to what I wanted option wise. So I settled on a new TiAg Sedan w/ black leather. I have no regrets, it's awesome!
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 03:40 PM   #6
Vapor335
Rep

Thanks everyone for the replies and help. I believe, according to edmunds, the invoice is about 45k with change almost 46k including the premium package. One dealer quoted me $45k out the door but he did say "we may work with that"for a car with the same specs just without the premium package but with heated seats and ipod. Does it sound like BS? I am leaning towards that but I would apprecieate the power seats though.

It is down to the wire with whatever cars they have left in the coupe make it difficult. And they keep telling that they will not sell the car even at invoice because of the demand and what not.
Appreciate 0
      08-26-2008, 04:05 PM   #7
methodtim
Brigadier General
Liechtenstein
Rep
Drives: Audi RS Q8

Garage List
Edmund's invoice prices are low compared to the "official" BMW list.