E90Post

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > BMW E90/E92/E93 3-series General Forums > Regional Forums > UK > hybrid turbo e90 330d

04-01-2018, 02:25 AM   #23
Harryoakes
Rep
Drives: E90

yeah your probably not wronge

without me going on the RR i wouldent know.

Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 06:28 AM   #24
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2006 330d M Sport Auto

In terms of suspension, I know birds have an amazing system which is specifically designed for the E90. If you get that from them along with an lsd and anti roll bar upgrade, they do it in a package so assuming it will be cheaper than buying separate.
Appreciate 0
      04-01-2018, 06:29 AM   #25
Harryoakes
Rep
Drives: E90

ooo brilliant ill have a look into that !!!

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2018, 05:16 PM   #26
ChawenHalo
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E91 330d XDrive LCI M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
In terms of suspension, I know birds have an amazing system which is specifically designed for the E90. If you get that from them along with an lsd and anti roll bar upgrade, they do it in a package so assuming it will be cheaper than buying separate.
Yep, Birds get Bilstein to custum valve their dampers (rebound specific I think for UK roads) and specific Eibachs springs. Top keit well worth it but I would have tbougbt you'd be looking at £2.5k for the kit + installation. IMO when it coles to handling BMW already does a pretty good job and gettin some cheapo kit just ruins a perfectly good car. Get a good quality kit installed and geometry done by pros who know what they're doing and its like a new and noticably different car. Well worth it if its a keeper. Resale time back to OEM and resell the kit.
Appreciate 1
blueh8869.00
      04-05-2018, 06:20 AM   #27
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChawenHalo View Post
Yep, Birds get Bilstein to custum valve their dampers (rebound specific I think for UK roads) and specific Eibachs springs. Top keit well worth it but I would have tbougbt you'd be looking at £2.5k for the kit + installation. IMO when it coles to handling BMW already does a pretty good job and gettin some cheapo kit just ruins a perfectly good car. Get a good quality kit installed and geometry done by pros who know what they're doing and its like a new and noticably different car. Well worth it if its a keeper. Resale time back to OEM and resell the kit.
Spot on mate. Well, suspension alone is £1.5k which I think isnt too bad...The complete B3 package is £3.5k roughly. That includes the suspension, anti roll bars and the quaife lsd. Again, not too bad considering the kit you are getting. but compared to the value of the car........that is another story.
Appreciate 0
      04-16-2018, 05:27 AM   #28
ChawenHalo
Second Lieutenant
France
Rep
Drives: E91 330d XDrive LCI M Pack

Quote:
Originally Posted by blueh88 View Post
Spot on mate. Well, suspension alone is £1.5k which I think isnt too bad...The complete B3 package is £3.5k roughly. That includes the suspension, anti roll bars and the quaife lsd. Again, not too bad considering the kit you are getting. but compared to the value of the car........that is another story.
I know what you mean vs the vehicle's value (recent expérience on a beautiful track car). My 2p advice is to keep all the original equipment and convert it back to OEM come resale time. make sure its all nice and shinny with freshly repainted bonnet, bumpers etc (its sadly all most people will look at) and resell the expensive parts from Birds on a forum, they'll go quickly if its good stuff like Bilstein, AC Schnitzer etc. You won't get more value selling the car with all the goodies, people are too suspicious ans other too stupid to look past a paint job: "well if the paint and wheels are not scratched and the interior is clean the owner must have taken good care of it" add a few BS dealer stamps for oil service and its all good. Sadly people have forgotten to buy "on condition" and look at the bills and how the car drives and sounds but instead just buy on perceived BS value that most car shitty journos website nonesense advice with ridiculous owner care psychology theories. sorry rant over Its just I ended up selling my car to a professional because I could not be hassled with dumb arse uneducated (car wise) penny pinching morrons sitting in my €30k car that had €20 invested in it in 5 yrs and showed in all honesty its wears and tears.
Appreciate 0
      04-17-2018, 03:00 AM   #29
blueh88
Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChawenHalo View Post
I know what you mean vs the vehicle's value (recent expérience on a beautiful track car). My 2p advice is to keep all the original equipment and convert it back to OEM come resale time. make sure its all nice and shinny with freshly repainted bonnet, bumpers etc (its sadly all most people will look at) and resell the expensive parts from Birds on a forum, they'll go quickly if its good stuff like Bilstein, AC Schnitzer etc. You won't get more value selling the car with all the goodies, people are too suspicious ans other too stupid to look past a paint job: "well if the paint and wheels are not scratched and the interior is clean the owner must have taken good care of it" add a few BS dealer stamps for oil service and its all good. Sadly people have forgotten to buy "on condition" and look at the bills and how the car drives and sounds but instead just buy on perceived BS value that most car shitty journos website nonesense advice with ridiculous owner care psychology theories. sorry rant over Its just I ended up selling my car to a professional because I could not be hassled with dumb arse uneducated (car wise) penny pinching morrons sitting in my €30k car that had €20 invested in it in 5 yrs and showed in all honesty its wears and tears.
Great advice, I agree! In the long run, the cost isn't that great due to a job being done well done so won't have to do it twice! And with selling aftermarket kit, you gain a good portion of the money back!
Appreciate 0